New Owner Of “Lost Dutchman” Claim On Rich Hill At Stanton, Arizona

GoldenGringo

Jul 14, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
Hey everybody! New member here from Las Vegas. My name is Jake Harris and I’m a professional voice actor specializing in commercials and video game voiceover work. Since last November (recognized officially by BLM in May), I am the new owner of the 120 acre unpatented “Lost Dutchman” placer claim on the Western slope of Rich Hill, just above Stanton, AZ. The GPAA/LDMA no longer own the claim. I also have lode claims pending as well on “Lost Dutchman.” If you’re a member of either of those two clubs and would like to continue to have access to the “Lost Dutchman” claim on Rich Hill, message me or shoot me an email. This is my 4th claim and most recent acquisition. I have placer claims in Lost Basin/Meadview, AZ as well as in Nelson, NV (aka Eldorado Canyon) and the Johnnie mining district about an hour North of Las Vegas. I’ve been prospecting for two years but only very recently started to stake claims. I’m in the process of staking two more 160 acre placer claims near Quartzsite, AZ and Randsburg, CA as well as smaller claims at both Rye Patch and Unionville, Nevada. I plan to sell some of these claims to raise capital for machinery and permits to begin producing on the Rich Hill and Lost Basin claims. Potential investors and lessees are welcome and encouraged to reach out and message me.

I’ve been lurking this forum since last year trying to learn as much as I can about the areas my claims are in. It’s great to finally introduce myself and participate as a member. Looking forward to meeting new people, making friends and manifesting opportunities! Hope to see you in the goldfields!

Heavy Pans!
Jake Harris,
GoldenGringo Mining & Exploration
[email protected]
IMG_4147.png

Attachments

• IMG_4149.png
    IMG_4149.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4150.png
    IMG_4150.png
    706.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4151.png
    IMG_4151.png
    324.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4152.png
    IMG_4152.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4154.png
    IMG_4154.png
    154 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4155.png
    IMG_4155.png
    413.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0322.png
    IMG_0322.png
    644.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0341.jpeg
    IMG_0341.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0325.jpeg
    IMG_0325.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
Upvote 4

Attachments

• Gold Atlas.jpg
    Gold Atlas.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 11
Great to finally “meet” you, Terry! For the last year or two I’ve been enjoying all the great info you share in your posts. Do you have another venture like AGA that you currently run? That vein in your 2nd pic looks awesome! I assume you took that photo on Rich Hill? I look forward to learning everything I can about the area from you. Got some big plans that are in the works. My good friend Jeff Williams and I have been in talks all year and it’s looking like he’s going to be filming a YouTube video on the Lost Dutchman claim this Fall when the weather is cooler. By doing so, he hopes to help me market the claim to potential investors or junior mining companies. I’ve read the geology reports from the 1960’s and 1980’s for the “Lucky Johnnie and Katie” patented claims that intersect the northern 1/2 of the Lost Dutchman and they show amazing values and potential that warrant the sinking of a vertical shaft and development of a “placer drift mine” in the alluvial fan or plain that leads to the top of Rich Hill on the northern part of the claim. Jeff Williams has spent the last 8 years developing and working just such an operation. I’m also in talks with Scott Meisterheim from Discovery Channel’s “Bering Sea Gold” reality series regarding a couple of exciting projects that would feature the Lost Dutchman claim and Rich Hill in general. Good things are on the horizon for Rich Hill!
Today I am happily retired - as is my gal and best friend of 34-years. I have a safe with my best gold nugget, meteorite and silver coin finds, in my floor, a full bottle of whisky, and a nice fatty to smoke. Life is is good for this old man. Nope, no more chasing the yellow for me. I have seen the Elephant.

I can tell you that I was approached by one of the producers of Gold Rush, in 2012. They were very interested in doing a "reality" show based on the greenhorns that came to AGA from all over the Country and world. He followed a couple of my prospecting instructors around for two days, took a lot of photos and asked a lot of questions.

About three-weeks later he brought along another executive and we sat down. They wanted to pay me a "Rights Fee," of $8.400.00 per show, which was found money. The problem? Reality shows are scripted. You must have a Protagonist, and Antagonist to create "drama," a reason to watch. Things like the one prospecting instructor that everyone loves and turns to, versus the "Joe Blow" instructor that thinks he knows everything and seldom puts his student clients on the gold. The greenhorn that is metal detecting and is put in danger by a rattlesnake / scorpion / tarantula / stupid mistake. "Staged" medical emergency featuring Life Flight helicopter..

I thanked them for the coffee and left.

Make SURE people do not use you. Think about each decision you make BEFORE you make it. If the opportunity is real, it will be there next week. You are going to succeed, and I can't wait to admire your progress! - T

Last edited:
Today I am happily retired - as is my gal and best friend of 34-years. I have a safe with my best gold nugget, meteorite and silver coin finds, in my floor, a full bottle of whisky, and a nice fatty to smoke. Life is is good for this old man. Nope, no more chasing the yellow for me. I have seen the Elephant.

I can tell you that I was approached by one of the producers of Gold Rush, in 2012. They were very interested in doing a "reality" show based on the greenhorns that came to AGA from all over the Country and world. He followed a couple of my prospecting instructors around for two days, took a lot of photos and asked a lot of questions.

About three-weeks later he brought along another executive and we sat down. They wanted to pay me a "Rights Fee," of $8.400.00 per show, which was found money. The problem? Reality shows are scripted. You must have a Protagonist, and Antagonist to create "drama," a reason to watch. Things like the one prospecting instructor that everyone loves and turns to, versus the "Joe Blow" instructor that thinks he knows everything and seldom puts his student clients on the gold. The greenhorn that is metal detecting and is put in danger by a rattlesnake / scorpion / tarantula / stupid mistake. "Staged" medical emergency featuring Life Flight helicopter..

Make SURE people do not use you. Think about each decision you make BEFORE you make it. If the opportunity is real, it will be there next week. You are going to succeed, and I can't wait to admire your progress! - T

Hell yeh!!
The Legendary Terry Soloman!!:headbang:

Wow! That’s a great story and some truly golden advice, Terry! Having worked in the TV and film industry as a voice actor since 2017, I have seen my fair share of naive talent being used and exploited. I’ll be sure to keep my eyes peeled and my head on a swivel as I navigate through this new opportunity in such an exciting and coveted industry and environment. I keep meeting the best kind of people so far but I’d be a fool to think that the only snakes around Rich Hill are the ones that slither on their belly in the sand…

Enjoy that fatty and bottle of whiskey! It would be great to chew the fat with you and talk Rich Hill some time if you ever find yourself in Stanton or Vegas! -Jake

It looks like a moderator moved this thread to the “Lost Dutchman” section of TN. I don’t want to seem trivial but this thread is not related to the actual infamous “Lost Dutchman” mine that is allegedly in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona. This thread is about a placer gold claim on the western side of Rich Hill above Stanton, Arizona in the Weaver Mining District. Can somebody move this thread to a more suitable section of the forums please?
Oh yeah that’s much better, thanks🤦🏼‍♂️😂

IMG_4367.jpeg
IMG_4366.jpeg

GPAA has dropped many claims over the past couple of years, and the bad part is they do not notify the owners or chapters, that owned them. Many more good claims are there to be grabbed up.
Here in Tucson, they dropped all our claims, but we managed to claim them back. There in no longer a GPAA chapter here because of that.
Makes you wonder if GPAA is about to file chapter 11.
I wouldn't assume they are broke it could just be incompetence or ....

About 10 years ago the GPAA neglected to file or pay on ALL their claims in California. All those claims were closed by the BLM. They reclaimed "most" of those claims at great expense but in many cases they reclaimed them in the GPAA Owners names rather than the original claim owners names. I don't know how that worked out in the end but there may be some California prospectors that still check in on this forum that know more about the consequences.

I'm not anti prospecting club, there are a few good ones and it's an excellent way to introduce new blood to a very old profession. It's not just the GPAA with this problem - most club claim systems are so poorly maintained and managed that they are open to loss, theft and fraud. Most of this is just down to amateurs running a small club and trying to do a good thing. Nobody is watching the prior and subsequent ownership so the fraud goes unnoticed.

In the end run it's always the legal and common sense duty of the claim owner to maintain their claim status no matter what agreements they have with clubs or corporations. History shows us that to do otherwise often leads to problems for the owner. If you want to make a deal with a club to help pay your annual fees have them pay you the cash and file and pay the fees yourself. I doubt you will find any clubs that will agree with that arrangement but if you do you might have found an clean one. :thumbsup:

I'm of the opinion that a sharing agreement should always have a clause preventing the user or related parties from ever locating a mining claim within the current bounds of the claim no matter what the claim status is. This also keeps visiting prospectors from legally locating lode claims on your placer claim. Something I've never seen a prospecting club include in their contracts or membership rules. :BangHead:

Hey everybody! New member here from Las Vegas. My name is Jake Harris and I’m a professional voice actor specializing in commercials and video game voiceover work. Since last November (recognized officially by BLM in May), I am the new owner of the 120 acre unpatented “Lost Dutchman” placer claim on the Western slope of Rich Hill, just above Stanton, AZ. The GPAA/LDMA no longer own the claim. I also have lode claims pending as well on “Lost Dutchman.” If you’re a member of either of those two clubs and would like to continue to have access to the “Lost Dutchman” claim on Rich Hill, message me or shoot me an email. This is my 4th claim and most recent acquisition. I have placer claims in Lost Basin/Meadview, AZ as well as in Nelson, NV (aka Eldorado Canyon) and the Johnnie mining district about an hour North of Las Vegas. I’ve been prospecting for two years but only very recently started to stake claims. I’m in the process of staking two more 160 acre placer claims near Quartzsite, AZ and Randsburg, CA as well as smaller claims at both Rye Patch and Unionville, Nevada. I plan to sell some of these claims to raise capital for machinery and permits to begin producing on the Rich Hill and Lost Basin claims. Potential investors and lessees are welcome and encouraged to reach out and message me.

I’ve been lurking this forum since last year trying to learn as much as I can about the areas my claims are in. It’s great to finally introduce myself and participate as a member. Looking forward to meeting new people, making friends and manifesting opportunities! Hope to see you in the goldfields!

Heavy Pans!
Jake Harris,
GoldenGringo Mining & Exploration
[email protected]View attachment 2159112
Let me know if you need some mining claim signs for all those new claims!
Federal Mining Claim Sign High Plains Prospectors.png

Man I saw GPAA dropped a claim near me recently, I didn’t realize they were getting that bad that they were dropping LDMA camps, I have never been to one I always assumed they were patented locations.

most of them were

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back