Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image-4210098834.jpg

Has two holes,maybe three

image-1381567733.jpg

You can clearly see "EXCERs" the "S"
Is backwards and I can't read the rest unless maybe if I clean it a little. I don't want to clean it though.
It measures .182" thick 2.06"x 2.43
Heavy and hard

I received the email regarding a partial printing plate from the Harris Printing Office engravers and this item has a likely value of $10 to $20 or more. This item would be best sold on eBay or another similar site with the actual note or at least a picture of the note this stamp produced. Very neat and interesting piece, but not much collectability for these type of items.

Thank you,

Matthew Tinsley |Currency Operations Coordinator
HERITAGE AUCTIONS

Upvote 0
I can't find any other information on Vlack or Harris printing. I'm looking for more information.
All I can find is the heritage auction page.

I try searching for merchants and manufacturer notes.?

Philadelphia, PA- Harris' Printing Office Ad Note Vlack 3760

Upvote 0
I received the email regarding a partial printing plate from the Harris Printing Office engravers and this item has a likely value of $10 to $20 or more. This item would be best sold on eBay or another similar site with the actual note or at least a picture of the note this stamp produced. Very neat and interesting piece, but not much collectability for these type of items.

Thank you,

Matthew Tinsley |Currency Operations Coordinator
HERITAGE AUCTIONS

The idea of selling on ebay - if you were to sell it - with a photo of the note is a good one. I think with a nice write up and photos you would do better than his estimate.

I wrote to Heritage once about an item and they were very wrong about it so while they are professionals and do know their business they can make mistakes too.

But it is difficult to predict with a piece like this IMO.

Here is a link to the Vlack book for sale now-

Illustrated Catalog of Early North American Advertising Notes New Book by Vlack | eBay

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
The idea of selling on ebay - if you were to sell it - with a photo of the note is a good one. I think with a nice write up and photos you would do better than his estimate.

I wrote to Heritage once about an item and they were very wrong about it so while they are professionals and do know their business they can make mistakes too.

But it is difficult to predict with a piece like this IMO.

Here is a link to the Vlack book for sale now-

Illustrated Catalog of Early North American Advertising Notes New Book by Vlack | eBay

Thank you again Bramblefind! :)
I couldn't get any search results.
I don't plan on selling it... Maybe when I retire or unless I received an offer I couldn't refuse.
I have to return to that area were I found it and find the rest of the plate! :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back