Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Great Plains
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
D2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought it was a trade token because of the shape, then saw the seated and thought play money? With hopes high, upon cleaning revealed a seated dime love token! A 2 for 1 crossed off the bucket list.

Found it at a small intersection street tearout this last week. It was loaded with square nails too, but the seated was the only good find I made there. It was very shallow not masked.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?
Seatedlove.jpg
Seatedlove2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 96
At first I thought it was a trade token because of the shape, then saw the seated and thought play money? With hopes high, upon cleaning revealed a seated dime love token! A 2 for 1 crossed off the bucket list.

Found it at a small intersection street tearout this last week. It was loaded with square nails too, but the seated was the only good find I made there. It was very shallow not masked.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?View attachment 2159064View attachment 2159063
Beautiful

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?View attachment 2159064View attachment 2159063
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!

Congrats on the unique looking LoveToken, and striking 2 off the bucket list of wants.

I kinda agree on the love token theory. Middle initial "U"...?? Text type is ancient style, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back