Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Great Plains
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
D2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought it was a trade token because of the shape, then saw the seated and thought play money? With hopes high, upon cleaning revealed a seated dime love token! A 2 for 1 crossed off the bucket list.

Found it at a small intersection street tearout this last week. It was loaded with square nails too, but the seated was the only good find I made there. It was very shallow not masked.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?
Seatedlove.jpg
Seatedlove2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 97
At first I thought it was a trade token because of the shape, then saw the seated and thought play money? With hopes high, upon cleaning revealed a seated dime love token! A 2 for 1 crossed off the bucket list.

Found it at a small intersection street tearout this last week. It was loaded with square nails too, but the seated was the only good find I made there. It was very shallow not masked.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?View attachment 2159064View attachment 2159063
Awesome find! Congrats

Those two dark spots may be attachment points. I was thinking more that it could be initials for a cuff link or maybe a bolo tie slide. Even the top to a ring could be a possibility.
I agree with Cuda here about it possibly once being some sort of jewelry. Dark spots sure look like solder marks. Congratulations on a unique find indeed.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?View attachment 2159064View attachment 2159063
So pretty! What a find!

awesome love token

What a historic find, congratulations on receiving your first BANNER! :occasion14:
Kudos to you also for thinking to investigate that small intersection street tear-out, you never know what may have been in that area.
- Dave

What a historic find, congratulations on receiving your first BANNER! :occasion14:
Kudos to you also for thinking to investigate that small intersection street tear-out, you never know what may have been in that area.
- Dave
Thank you! I never had any luck at tear outs I've tried in the past, but yep you just never know. Glad that this one gave a great find. :occasion14:

A Beautiful Love Token indeed.

Helluva find! I get more out of it if I turn it over though, "Ella" or possibly "Cilla", short for Priscilla? Whatever it says, it's a beauty.

Last edited:

Amazing recovery! Congratulations!

Congrats first off! I was just gonna say I believe that the 2 letters in-between K and D are to me anyways are the letter "L" and the 2nd one is "I". Also, I noticed something that made me look closer. The letter "K" doesn't look complete. It to me again, looks like it has been worn off on the bottom section. The only reason I say this is because it is so far up. It's no where close to being straight with the other letters. So if this is the case the "K" could also be an "H". In some of the "fancy" fonts around that time made the capital "H" lower case for some reason. I know this doesn't help with anything but I just thought maybe I'd see if anyone else noticed.
Again, congratulations! WONDERFUL FIND!

Congrats first off! I was just gonna say I believe that the 2 letters in-between K and D are to me anyways are the letter "L" and the 2nd one is "I". Also, I noticed something that made me look closer. The letter "K" doesn't look complete. It to me again, looks like it has been worn off on the bottom section. The only reason I say this is because it is so far up. It's no where close to being straight with the other letters. So if this is the case the "K" could also be an "H". In some of the "fancy" fonts around that time made the capital "H" lower case for some reason. I know this doesn't help with anything but I just thought maybe I'd see if anyone else noticed.
Again, congratulations! WONDERFUL FIND!
I still say to turn it over, where it looks like "Ella" or "Cilla"(short for Priscilla). Ella seems most feasible to me.

I still say to turn it over, where it looks like "Ella" or "Cilla"(short for Priscilla). Ella seems most feasible to me.
I did have this thought also because the "K" looks like an "a" upside down. The "D" just looks right though. IDK lol, might never know for sure.

If the coin was normal, right side up would be the way I took the picture. 🤷‍♂️

A love token? This is a new one for me, I can easily see where it gets it's moniker... How lovely and delightful!

You mentioned it was found in an area full of square nails and there was no masking. What model detector were you using? Just curious

You mentioned it was found in an area full of square nails and there was no masking. What model detector were you using? Just curious
D2. Only reason it wasn't masked was because it was very shallow, close to surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back