Is this indicator of old homesite?

One thing to look at is the vegetation in the area. In Oklahoma, if I saw mimosa trees, lilac bushes, rose bushes, or irises, that meant yeah there was a homesite there at one time.
Around here it’s perrywinkle.

One thing to look at is the vegetation in the area. In Oklahoma, if I saw mimosa trees, lilac bushes, rose bushes, or irises, that meant yeah there was a homesite there at one time.
So those plants last a very long time after the house is gone apparently

Ok I got a question , so near the old trash pit in the woods, areas near and around it have bare spots and moss everywhere, the rest of the area around it is full and thick with trees. Does the moss indicate anything or is that just nothing.

Ok I got a question , so near the old trash pit in the woods, areas near and around it have bare spots and moss everywhere, the rest of the area around it is full and thick with trees. Does the moss indicate anything or is that just nothing.
Moss indicates it stays wetter there than the surrounding area. Whether that also means anything or not, I don’t know.

We've got spots like that in our woods. In spring, they're wet spots/puddles; later in the summer (like now) they dry out enough to leave bare spots & moss (and ferns here). IDT they're necessarily indicative of anything.

There are no old home sites or trash pits in our woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back