Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Great Plains
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
D2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought it was a trade token because of the shape, then saw the seated and thought play money? With hopes high, upon cleaning revealed a seated dime love token! A 2 for 1 crossed off the bucket list.

Found it at a small intersection street tearout this last week. It was loaded with square nails too, but the seated was the only good find I made there. It was very shallow not masked.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?
Seatedlove.jpg
Seatedlove2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 96
That's a truly awesome pull, congrats!
Btw, an eraser is pretty abrasive, I wouldn't rub on it any more. That black crusty stuff would probably come right off with electrolysis, which won't remove any of the silver.

That's a truly awesome pull, congrats!
Btw, an eraser is pretty abrasive, I wouldn't rub on it any more. That black crusty stuff would probably come right off with electrolysis, which won't remove any of the silver.
Yeah I was a little worried about the finer details of the engraving because of the abrassiveness. Much easier to see with the eye now, but will give electrolysis a try on any future finds I want to remove crud on.

Thanks!

At first I thought it was a trade token because of the shape, then saw the seated and thought play money? With hopes high, upon cleaning revealed a seated dime love token! A 2 for 1 crossed off the bucket list.

Found it at a small intersection street tearout this last week. It was loaded with square nails too, but the seated was the only good find I made there. It was very shallow not masked.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?View attachment 2159064View attachment 2159063
Super nice.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?View attachment 2159064View attachment 2159063
I gotta say, this is a first time I have seen one of these. Very cool! You just sent me down a rabbit hole. I found a cool site that explains what love tokens were used for and the history of them: https://www.sandysvintagecharms.com...e tokens were,as births, marriages and deaths.

Those two dark spots may be attachment points. I was thinking more that it could be initials for a cuff link or maybe a bolo tie slide. Even the top to a ring could be a possibility.

I gotta say, this is a first time I have seen one of these. Very cool! You just sent me down a rabbit hole. I found a cool site that explains what love tokens were used for and the history of them: https://www.sandysvintagecharms.com/pages/love-tokens#:~:text=The first love tokens were,as births, marriages and deaths.

Cool article with some great examples in there!

Nice Find!!

Here's another rabbit hole to venture into for more info.

Congrats on your first Seated coin and Love token all in one ! I like the way they shaped it into an Octagon.

Very nice find

That is a very nice love token; such a personal find. Congrats on a real beauty.

One of the better love tokens ive seen

Very cool love token! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back