Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Great Plains
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
D2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought it was a trade token because of the shape, then saw the seated and thought play money? With hopes high, upon cleaning revealed a seated dime love token! A 2 for 1 crossed off the bucket list.

Found it at a small intersection street tearout this last week. It was loaded with square nails too, but the seated was the only good find I made there. It was very shallow not masked.

My first thought is the letter(s) between the K & D is 2 "L" but I'm not sure. Could also be 2 I, U, or just symbols to seperate KD. Any insight?
Seatedlove.jpg
Seatedlove2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 97
Thank you. Great find by the way. I would personally superglue it to a silver ring for display purposes. That can always be removed with acetone.
Did you ever definitely decipher the engraving?
That is a great idea and would look awesome. Definitively, no. But I'm leaning toward what @sandchip said. It makes sense and looks correct.
I still say to turn it over, where it looks like "Ella" or "Cilla"(short for Priscilla). Ella seems most feasible to me.
Ella in old english style. The "A" makes more sense than an incompete "K". And also the base of the letters all line up this way. So I'm going with that!
20240824_010635.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back