Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

Markmar

Follow the map follow the heart

That will be the way the Lost Dutchman's Mine will be found.

Wrmickel1

Wrmickel1

None of the five mines in the Heart fits with the LDM clues . Maybe I have found the wrong Heart . But if I am right , LDM is in other mountain 200 ft higher than caverna aurum .

Might as well asked which came first the chicken or the egg :laughing7:

waschy I think Gollum and Cubfan gave some good advice on that other thread you posted in, Welcome to the Funhou.........................Forum.

For the moment I have the eggs ( I hope another old known member too ) , and a Greek proverb says : " Anyone who is shuffled with the bran . the chickens will eat him "

Wrmickel1

None of the five mines in the Heart fits with the LDM clues . Maybe I have found the wrong Heart . But if I am right , LDM is in other mountain 200 ft higher than caverna aurum .

All the maps that I have seen are drawn with 5 mines in one area, one set upon the high point, saddle, or ridge, and all the maps feature a few others off the main path.

This is consistent with the majority of the ones that match the system of moves to get there........they may be set in the same high area.

That might take a while eh. But speaking of nails, I've been wondering if that is what is depicted on the front of this piece of copper.
With the one in the center penetrating the side of the arc shape.

The other is something I mentioned in a previous post.

Although some interpret the five holes and "5" on the stone as alluding to the presence of 5 mines, I do not see it that way.
Instead there are religious implications to each of the numbers, just as there is to this "Horse of the Holy Faith".
Which is depicted as having suffered five wounds IMO ... including one of great significance to "faith" on his side.
http://www.leaderu.com/theology/doubting_thomas.html

Here is a sample of ancient Roman graffiti with a similar theme.....

View attachment roman graffiti.bmp

And the five "wounds"....... markings which I see as superfluous to a normal depiction of a horse.

five wounds.png

Last edited:
All the maps that I have seen are drawn with 5 mines in one area, one set upon the high point, saddle, or ridge, and all the maps feature a few others off the main path.

This is consistent with the majority of the ones that match the system of moves to get there........they may be set in the same high area.

ELDO

Follow the map follow, Follow the heart. Seems to me you need to see both at the same time in the field before they work. And I'm the only one I know who has done that. But the 5 and 4 dots mean four silver mines been to each one of them.

Wrmickel1

Howdy Somehiker,

I know that you, and others believe the Stones to be Jesuit related. I respect your ideas, the only flaw I see here is that Jesuits did not worship animals. If I were trying to connect the stones to the Jesuits, I would tend to go with the 3 on the side of the horse. That could make him a black horse, or black mountain.:dontknow:

Homar

Howdy Somehiker,

I know that you, and others believe the Stones to be Jesuit related. I respect your ideas, the only flaw I see here is that Jesuits did not worship animals. If I were trying to connect the stones to the Jesuits, I would tend to go with the 3 on the side of the horse. That could make him a black horse, or black mountain.:dontknow:

Homar

These stones definitely feel Jesuit of origin, and are dated the same

View attachment 1089528View attachment 1089529

That is an interesting interpretation. I'm curious, what makes you believe it has a religious connotation....in particular, Christianity?

The obvious....Crucifixes...Priest...Hearts (as in "Sacred Heart"), and a few other things which are evidently not so obvious.
Just thought I would toss that card out, just to see if anyone else might see the same or similar connotations.

My apologies, I should have been more specific. What makes you believe your "Nails" have a religious connotation?

Because the three nails are commonly used in Jesuit iconography, although in most cases they are depicted as coming together at the points.
One example on this page....http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-legends/153540-jesuit-treasures-they-real-109.html (post 1623) where both nails and sacred heart are combined.
It has been suggested to me that the piece of copper "ornamentation" and woven mesh may have been parts of an incense burner, which also suggests a religious purpose.

Jesuit astrolabe 1595.png

Last edited:
Oh the stigma of being a Treasure Hunter, always looking for good information without giving away to much. :laughing7:

Howdy Somehiker,

Homar

I don't think animal worship is the message. Rather the idea that a horse can represent one who carries the burden of faith and in this case had suffered for doing so. Personally, I don't really care much, whether or not the stones were carved by a Jesuit, but I do see enough there and in the field to enable me to eliminate any other suggested authors.

As for the number 3 ?
While there are several religious meanings given for the number three, I'm presently inclined to favor the story of the transfiguration of Jesus as witnessed by the three apostles, one of whom was Peter (Pedro). One aspect of the story which I see as a possible parallel, is that on the way back down the mountain, Jesus was said to have instructed the three not to reveal what they had seen, to anyone.

The obvious....Crucifixes...Priest...Hearts (as in "Sacred Heart"), and a few other things which are evidently not so obvious.
Just thought I would toss that card out, just to see if anyone else might see the same or similar connotations.

I do have to agree with this, its those not so obvious things that make it difficult to disprove the religious connection.

So this comparison is what you are basing your interpretation of the "nails" on, am I correct?

View attachment 1089829

Not necessarily a direct comparison, since there are many examples of the three nails in Jesuit iconography.
I have yet to come across an example which is exactly the same as the one on the left.
Perhaps you have a better idea of what it could represent ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back