CRISPINS CRITTERS

You are a funny man GIB......She's a beauty!!!!!! I just called my mother to wish her a Happy 75th Birthday and I called her on my dad's cell phone............Dad answers (he's my step dad, but he's dad) HE"S IN THE KEYS FISHING ON HIS NEW BOAT!!!!!! PUNK........he didnt invite me or the 9 year old. He's been there for 3 days will be there for a total of 10 days when its over. I think he said he's in Marathon. He's a Dolphin, sorry Mahi Mahi fisherman.......PUNK hahahaha.

Remember he bought a 20 foot center console just 3 months after paying off his 32 foot Proline? My mother left him and went to her other house in the mountains for 3 MONTHS!!!!! hahahaha

I wish I was with him.........but then again I did just get back from a cruise ;)

GIB,

A tune to go along with your boat............

Hey TGF, I solved a few problems by purchasing a small house.

Two bedrooms (one of which is my office) and one bathroom. A one car garage.

It's big enough for visitors, but not big enough for anyone to stay very long. If one of 'em stays, it's on the couch, a sleeping bag on the floor or a lawn chair.

My boat, although 40' long, only sleeps two...

Big enough for visitors, but alas, not comfortable enough for long term visits... Sorry, you have to sleep up on deck. I suggest you tie yourself to the grab rail in case we get a storm tonight.

Downsizing was my answer!

If you would like to poison your mind to sailing, I suggest you get a copy of Cruising Outpost magazine.

You can also download Southwinds Sailing Magazine for free.

Ahoy

View attachment 1181387

IMG_0098.JPG

Hey TGF, I solved a few problems by purchasing a small house.

Two bedrooms (one of which is my office) and one bathroom. A one car garage.

It's big enough for visitors, but not big enough for anyone to stay very long. If one of 'em stays, it's on the couch, a sleeping bag on the floor or a lawn chair.

My boat, although 40' long, only sleeps two...

Big enough for visitors, but alas, not comfortable enough for long term visits... Sorry, you have to sleep up on deck. I suggest you tie yourself to the grab rail in case we get a storm tonight.

Downsizing was my answer!

If you would like to poison your mind to sailing, I suggest you get a copy of Cruising Outpost magazine.

You can also download Southwinds Sailing Magazine for free.

Ahoy

View attachment 1181387

Playing SOUTHERN CROSS by CSN now with SS singing... I ENVY you!

Hey TGF (and anybody else)

Here is an article I wrote for Cruising Outpost.

It was just for fun.

All this talk has got me itching to cut the dock lines again and head for the Caribbean.

GIB I Love you buddy............that was awesome..............you are hilarious........My dad has this monster 32 foot, twin engine, walk around, tuna tower Proline. He was a commercial fisherman in Key West in the 60's until the Army got a hold of him......keep the stories coming friend

Hey folks, I seldom promote for someones recognition...
Guy hunts the north and turns up fur trade era goodies and does not blow his own horn enough to attract attention.
While content probably to just share his finds on occasion this one is special enough for banner..to me anyway.
Silver bling was a luxury and not always easy to come by/afford at the time.
Small pieces could be used as a type of change, or to sweeten a deal/trade but the big ones were different.
Special in significance and the wearer would likely have cherished it through times of plenty and times of scarcity even if in want of necessities..
If you'd be so kind as to check it out and decide for yourself if it is banner worthy I thank you for your time.
If you don't think it is, it remains a glimpse into the past.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fur-trade-artifacts/467957-find-very-big-silver-trade.html

Last edited:
PS No, I'm not gay.......I just care for all my friends here. Great stuff RC.

If you were gay you would have been able to own a large boat or two by now probably.
(Not saying that anything is wrong with that,or that anyone owning a large boat is.)

Folks,

My vote is in and trust me that piece is museum quality.....heck most museum examples don't have a maker's mark.

Regards + HH

Bill

Yeah Scott I had something to say on the political forum but I'm done. I'm not going back there. I don't need anymore drama than I already have in my life. So I'm staying here, at home, where I belong. We are all adults. At least I hope we are. Brother Bill before your post was censored I thought it was funny.....thanks for the few moments of laughter I had today. Yeah the 9 year old made up his mind today. He wants me to become rich and for us to save our funds for a nice catamaran. So he and I can get the heck out of here...... We have become babysitters and can't do anything without the little people tagging along.... So yesterday we went to the grocery store. But I had planned a little geocache stop before we got there. Before I was out of the house two 4 year olds were with us. We tried to shake them, but that didn't work. So we went thru the woods looking for our cache, getting cut along the way, and eat by Mosquitos..... We found our cache, signed our name, then off to the store. That was an adventure. God I didn't know kids could be so loud !!!!!!! Came home made dinner........ And the little people decided they weren't hungry! So the. 9 year old and I ate, the others food went in the microwave...... Then the male 4 year old starts whining " grandpa i have bites all over me. Well son, that's the way it is when us men go to the store! Then the little girl my legs are scraped. Yeup, that's what happens when you have to go get your dinner ....... Well I'm not going to get dinner no more!!!!!!!!! YES can I get that in writing? Cause I really can't put up with you 2 fighting, screaming and overall not listening to me either!!!!!!!!! The 9 year old said Poppy do you think they might leave us alone ? I said I doubt it, and today was worse. I thought being a grandparent I was supposed to be able to send them home. I'm raising 3 out of 5 and the other 2 well there's a reason young people have kids!!!!!!!!! The. 9 year old is my bestest pal, he's my Swim Buddy........ Lord help him and I. The kids and my wife are killing us!!!!!!!

Professor Green,
with the lead pipe, in the conservatory.....Mrs. Peacock as a possible accomplice....:laughing7:

I was hoping to hear you report on an adventure where you were the leader, guiding the hearts and minds with the 9 year old acting as liaison for the younger "tag-a-longs;" to help with the answers to silly questions, etc."

Still, Your narrative was full of imagery that proved your day was much better than mine! :coffee2:
You are truly Blessed!

Keep on rockin', Brother!

(a little over 6 years ago....)

My Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:
HA!

It just occurred to me.....

Well? Anyone else dig?

Saw them at Sandstone, many years ago with Charlie Daniels,
and I think that was the one that Hank Jr. Headlined....:icon_scratch:

So many concerts that summer...

I did some remodeling and landscape work for a guy in Lawrence, Kansas back then who got me GREAT passes to all shows that summer! :thumbsup:

I got pictures of the landscaping in my "suitcase of memories." It would probably take at LEAST a half-hour to find.....

When I post any of my old photos, know that it is a labor of love.
And memories....For my Friends....:occasion14:

Best,

Scott

OK.

I decided that the memories and the labor was worthy.
For my Friends....

In LESS than 30 minutes,

I found other photos I'll share later, and,

some Photos of Big Bob's remodeling!

He had an unfinished basement and wanted it finished.

With a bathroom, etc.

That meant that I had to crack into the floor slab, plumb it up with a lift system and while cutting the floor with a cement saw one morning, it set off the house's smoke detector!

Soon, three fire trucks and two cops pull up....

Not a good day....

And, of course, I had to lay in new circuits, by code, for electrical outlets and lights.

My work passed on the first inspection. 8-)

IMG_0295.JPGIMG_0293.JPGIMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG
(OOPS!....)

IMG_0302.JPG
I built the fence, formed and poured the sidewalk and steps and made the retaining wall.

I worked hard and I played hard.

And, I still do. :thumbsup:

Best.
Summer.
Job.
EVAH!

My Best Wishes,

For my Friends,

Scott

Last edited:
This one saw some radio time.

casey.jpg
"Reaching number 5 on March 8, 1980, Donna scored a major hit with "On The Radio."
She was on America's Top 40 for 17 weeks!"

Good to hear from you, my Friend!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
This one saw some radio time.

Ah,

My Friend.

Once again we meet on common ground.

How uncommon.....

Pick your favorite,
I'll pick mine.
(already did, but my second favorite is....)

From a cassette that I've played so much that the total length of the tape is surely a foot longer due to stretching caused by the capstan motors from constant play....

IMG_0311.JPG

Not from this tape,
But how 'bout John Prine and Bonnie Raitt?
{Cue up Bonnie....}

Yeah,

Side one, cut three....
My #2 John tune and a favorite from Bonnie.

IMG_0312.JPG

Have a safe and happy, yet solemn 4th of July.

Should Americans rejoice in the Founding of this Nation or be a minority who lives for controversy and....

I'm sorry. I cannot finish that thought.

Because that thought rubs me the wrong way.

I'm just funny that way.....

Y'all be safe this Holiday and give a moment's thought.....

Best of Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back