CRISPINS CRITTERS

Fossick59Tinaroo7Sept1312Small_zpsc07e2ee0.jpg
I have never heard the name..thx RC! :)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

I think I need to visit your part of the country...beautiful! !

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Thats a few hundred miles north for me to see. Worth it though.
Windsor Canada is east of here about half that distance.

Last edited:
Where is it exactly?

A diverse country, this small(big!)part of it is an area i all ways enjoy on all too rare visits.And has gray jays(Whisky Jacks).Rough estimate would be center of northern highlighted mass and just a little plus a little below center to get near post of red squirrel and whisky jack.​
Ontario-map.png
Where is it exactly?

Last edited:
Squig,

We also have a good population of whiskey jacks here in the North Country. They are totally fearless, and on numerous occasions have landed on my hand to feed on the crumbs from a sandwich I was earing for lunch while in the woods. Don't leave a pie to cool outside, they will alight, eat and relieve themselves all in the same spot. They are really fun to watch, and good company in the woods......Gary

Gave me a chuckle Gary....lol!

JG that's tooooooo funny buddy

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

GIB wow a lot of thought about fish just think they get pulled out of their by their lips

Backbacons what caliber rifle do you hunt moose with?

Squig,

I too have worked with, researched, raised, and learned from, and about wildlife over a 40 year career, and I really admire your work, and convictions. We all stand up for something, but need to remember that wildlife should not be given human qualities. They are species in their own right, and have the ability to survive and even prosper on the own terms. As a wildlife biologist, we have a habit of viewing wildlife as a natural resource, and work to keep them in healthy balance with encroaching human intervention, and populatation expansion by those who care only about their own prosperity. Unfortunatly usually the wildlife populations are those sacrificed and impacted. Do to a lot of the work that we do in the field, populations and the health of wildlife species are at an all-time high.

Wldlife means many different things to different people, some need to sit quietly with binoculars and count how many different birds they see, other's count whitetail deer in the meadow at sunset, yet still other's need to feed their families.....these are all viable, but over much controversy and argument by normally even-minded individuals. God but all creatures on this earth to benefit each other, and done with intelligence, we will all survive. We need to also understand that Mother Nature controls all of these matters, and is not an all forgiving Mother, and deals harshly with overpopulation, and diseases.

Sorry for a rant that may not be well received, but this is a subject that really stirs my blood, and you that I've dedicated a lot of work to! Thanks for listening......Gary

don't know how I missed this one...thank you...
but I can't get the critters to leave me alone...
who ever heard of an eagle flying down to sit within a few feet of someone? happened to me up by flagstaff...sat there for over an hour...til I walked away...
the other night...I go outside to yell at the barking dogs next door...and I feel a cat rubbing up on my leg...I am shooing the critter away when I look down and it is that dang skunk...snuggling up like we was buddies....

Must be a sign!!! :)

LOL! That was cute pippins!
You tale made me think of this commercial. LOL!

That's a good one cat! Lol! Love it!
True story...around 10 years ago after leaving door to deck open, I went in spare bedroom to use computer.
The desk sits next to the bed...I was intently working on computer and heard what I thought was a cat get up on the bed next to me....I kept on working , just happened to look over and you guessed it...raccoon! Very cute just sitting there watching me...:)

can you say "raccoon whisperer?"

Squig,

Wild animals are some of the most intelligent creatures, where a human would get jailed for sneaking in to a bedroom, not his own, animals know they will looked at, photographed, and most likely fed......May be my second coming......Gary

Evening All,

Wanted to give everybody an update. DieselRam will be showing up at my house Sat. morning at 5:45am. From there I will be taking him directly to the gold. G.I.B. will be flying surveillance and radioing down to us where to dig. At noon G.I.B. will park the plane and meet up with us. Nine am on the gulf is one of the lowest tides for the month. The Gods favor us.

Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back