CRISPINS CRITTERS

Crispin,

It's sounds like you guys have this planned like a military operation......lol.

Good luck on the hunt and make sure to take some pictures for the crew.

Regards + HH

Bill

Evening All,

Wanted to give everybody an update. DieselRam will be showing up at my house Sat. morning at 5:45am. From there I will be taking him directly to the gold. G.I.B. will be flying surveillance and radioing down to us where to dig. At noon G.I.B. will park the plane and meet up with us. Nine am on the gulf is one of the lowest tides for the month. The Gods favor us.

Crispin

My elderly neighbor lady once had 25 cats! Cross-eyed Ms. Suzie and Charlie was my favorite. Charlie was a rescue cat, he would go down the street and find stray kittens and lead them back to my neighbors. He once sat by a tree by my fence for 3 days. He got 2 kitties to come out of the tree and took them home. During a picnic, my neighbor had the cats all rounded up and inside for the night. We're sitting there eating outdoors, and I watch kitty after kitty, one by one, come down the ramp! LOL!
My neighbor said, "Dang that Charlie, he done let all the cats out again"! LOL!

We were also overrun with raccoons, opossums, and mice, thanks to her feeding the wildlife in the area. I took 60+ coons and possums back to the Everglades, so they could be the wild animals that they are. Our homes are on 1/4 acre lots, that's a little too much wild life, for a 1/2 acre area to support. Plus, there are health factors, too.

You guys have a great time! Get pics, too!

Evening All,

Wanted to give everybody an update. DieselRam will be showing up at my house Sat. morning at 5:45am. From there I will be taking him directly to the gold. G.I.B. will be flying surveillance and radioing down to us where to dig. At noon G.I.B. will park the plane and meet up with us. Nine am on the gulf is one of the lowest tides for the month. The Gods favor us.

Crispin

Hope youns hit it BIG!

Last edited:
Crispin sounds like a great plan. Happy hunting

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Crispin,

You have this all well planned, and wish the 3 of you the best of luck, and above all have fun.....pics please.....Gary

Backbacons what caliber rifle do you hunt moose with?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

30-30, 303, 308, 30-06 and I am planning on buying a 338 Winchester Mag or a 7 mil. mag. very soon. I do like the 270 for it's straight shot but would like something that can really pack a punch at a distance. If you have any suggestions please PM me.

Chris,

Good choices, but I prefer my Blackpowder weapons. A well placed ball does the job. I have had bulls here at camp in Marshfield within 25 feet, only no permit!..You make meat, and enjoy......Remember the advice of "The Patriot", aim small, miss small.......Gary

I haven't shot a .338 mag. But I would think a .303 or a.308 would be minimum for a moose? I love my 30-06 and 7mm, but that is a big animal. I love my 30-30 and .35 for a brush gun and white tail, but doesn't shoot far enough.

I would not want to PO a moose with a .270 though.

I do have a confession to make, the one moose that I have harvested fell to a .257 Roberts, which has also taken 2 elk, and resides in Montana still with my Bro-in-law......Gary

Chris,

Good choices, but I prefer my Blackpowder weapons. A well placed ball does the job. I have had bulls here at camp in Marshfield within 25 feet, only no permit!..You make meat, and enjoy......Remember the advice of "The Patriot", aim small, miss small.......Gary

Oh yeah,, my blackpowder gun uses a 209 primer, but my powder got wet once and the Sabot barely cleared the barrel. (I am new to Blackpowder admittedly). But I wouldn't throw no little lead rocks at a moose!:laughing7:

I do have a confession to make, the one moose that I have harvested fell to a .257 Roberts, which has also taken 2 elk, and resides in Montana still with my Bro-in-law......Gary

That was a good shot. Why is it that there is no like button on your posts? Everyone else has one. Has it been lifted for wrecklessness or did you request it gone?:laughing7:

Dave,

Welcome to the world of the blackpowder hunter. Hunted exclusively with them for the last 20 years, and have increased my luck mostly to hunting , and not simply shooting...even use a BP shotgun on waterfowl...Now that's a hoot.....Gary

Hey the likes are back! Maybe it's my archaic blackpowder age laptop!

I love those pictures..thx BB..:)).what kind if bird is that?
What kind of camera or phone did you use, pictures so clear!
Looks like quite a party..lol!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

I've been using a Canon HD 12X optical zoom Walmart $40 special. I set my camera to the max picture file size and snap away, I've found that taking the image in a larger file format increases the resolution and quality of the photo IMOHO.

been a good evening, but the eye balls are starting to see the inside of the lids, and I get the message....see you all tomorrow.....Gary

Did you see the post Deep had about the mosin nagant? That was hilarious, That'll do it for you Backbacon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back