CRISPINS CRITTERS

Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 8.23.31 PM.png

actually I don't wear fur and my shoes are not real leather and I only eat fish!
[h=2]Ten Reasons Fish Make Great Pets[/h]
    1. Fish are known to have a tranquil, calming effect on anyone who watches them glide serenely through the water.
    2. Generally speaking, fish are easier and less expensive to feed and care for than other pets, however, they do require a proper environment and knowledgeable caretakers.
    3. Unlike many dogs and other furry and feathered pets, fish don’t develop separation anxiety or destructive behaviors when you leave them alone at home.
    4. Fish are quiet -- you never have to worry about a barking or squawking fish upsetting the neighbors or waking a sleeping baby.
    5. Fish come in an infinite variety of sizes, shapes and stunning, vibrant colors.
    6. Fish don’t need to be walked; they don’t require a litter box; and they’ll never leave a surprise for you on your brand new carpet or the afghan your mother-in-law knitted for you last Christmas.
    7. Fish are very clean pets that don’t need to be groomed or have their teeth brushed.
    8. Your fish won’t track dirt and mud in from outdoors, or shake litter from his paws all over the house, and he doesn’t shed, slobber or drool.
    9. A fish aquarium of any size, as long it’s well maintained, can be a beautiful addition to any room in your home.
    10. Some types of fish interact with their owners, are playful, and can even be trained to do tricks.

French Angelfish:
471793744_821a40893e_m.jpg

The first fish on our list, the French Angelfish is well known for its complete devotion to its partner. Found in the warm tropical waters of the Atlantic Ocean, these fish not just mate for life, they spend nearly every second with their spouse, traveling, hunting, sleeping and protecting their territories together. Mature French Angelfish are rarely ever seen alone and if they are, it is usually because their mate has passed away; they do not ‘remarry’ following the death of a spouse.

Squig,

I too have worked with, researched, raised, and learned from, and about wildlife over a 40 year career, and I really admire your work, and convictions. We all stand up for something, but need to remember that wildlife should not be given human qualities. They are species in their own right, and have the ability to survive and even prosper on the own terms. As a wildlife biologist, we have a habit of viewing wildlife as a natural resource, and work to keep them in healthy balance with encroaching human intervention, and populatation expansion by those who care only about their own prosperity. Unfortunatly usually the wildlife populations are those sacrificed and impacted. Do to a lot of the work that we do in the field, populations and the health of wildlife species are at an all-time high.

Wldlife means many different things to different people, some need to sit quietly with binoculars and count how many different birds they see, other's count whitetail deer in the meadow at sunset, yet still other's need to feed their families.....these are all viable, but over much controversy and argument by normally even-minded individuals. God but all creatures on this earth to benefit each other, and done with intelligence, we will all survive. We need to also understand that Mother Nature controls all of these matters, and is not an all forgiving Mother, and deals harshly with overpopulation, and diseases.

Sorry for a rant that may not be well received, but this is a subject that really stirs my blood, and you that I've dedicated a lot of work to! Thanks for listening......Gary

Squig,

I too have worked with, researched, raised, and learned from, and about wildlife over a 40 year career, and I really admire your work, and convictions. We all stand up for something, but need to remember that wildlife should not be given human qualities. They are species in their own right, and have the ability to survive and even prosper on the own terms. As a wildlife biologist, we have a habit of viewing wildlife as a natural resource, and work to keep them in healthy balance with encroaching human intervention, and populatation expansion by those who care only about their own prosperity. Unfortunatly usually the wildlife populations are those sacrificed and impacted. Do to a lot of the work that we do in the field, populations and the health of wildlife species are at an all-time high.

Wldlife means many different things to different people, some need to sit quietly with binoculars and count how many different birds they see, other's count whitetail deer in the meadow at sunset, yet still other's need to feed their families.....these are all viable, but over much controversy and argument by normally even-minded individuals. God but all creatures on this earth to benefit each other, and done with intelligence, we will all survive. We need to also understand that Mother Nature controls all of these matters, and is not an all forgiving Mother, and deals harshly with overpopulation, and diseases.

Sorry for a rant that may not be well received, but this is a subject that really stirs my blood, and you that I've dedicated a lot of work to! Thanks for listening......Gary

Doesn't bother me...Hard to believe this western is still a baby on formula...have three more, mother killed, won't go to outside enclosure for three plus more weeks!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381886635869.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381886635869.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 75
Barb,

Took Lucky for his follow up with the vet....the drops seem to be doing the trick.....the ocular pressure in his bad eye has dropped from the 70's down to 30 which is the high range of normal...

The eyesight is finished in that eye but at least we should be able to save it and he should be more comfortable....we all should do our bit to make the critters in our life a bit more comfortable if we can.

Regards + HH

Bill

That's wonderful Bill, I am so glad to hear he is doing better!!
He is truly a lucky boy..:)
Animals are so wonderful, I really can't imagine a life without them!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

:laughing7: I made it out to my camp late Thursday nigh to find a warm fire, full fridge and my friend with his Moose Tag serving as a coaster for his beer. I knew right then and there that I would be going out to do a different kind of hunting that next morning other that detecting. We never made it out in the morning due to a unforeseen long night of cold beer, card games and a bunch of laughs. The next couple of days went well and let's just saw that I'll be worrying about smoking some fish next weekend instead of searching for the swamp donkey. A bunch of us in the area got together on Sunday night and had a Halloween party/dinner and that turned out to be a very late night as well. I didn't take too many pictures this weekend but did manage to snap a few with Squiggy in mind and a shot of my friend "The Guinness Demon". Scott, I hope everything turns out for the best bud and take care.
IMG_0010.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0003.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0007.JPG

I love those pictures..thx BB..:)).what kind if bird is that?
What kind of camera or phone did you use, pictures so clear!
Looks like quite a party..lol!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Whisky Jack A.K.A. Camp robber.O.K. though. Just looking for snacks as usual.
Wesakachak (Cree) One of the mischievous group in folklore but a sure clever creature in its own right.

Sorry B.B., home sick all most for someplace i don,t live.

Last edited:
I have never heard the name..thx RC! :)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back