CRISPINS CRITTERS

I haven't shot a .338 mag. But I would think a .303 or a.308 would be minimum for a moose? I love my 30-06 and 7mm, but that is a big animal. I love my 30-30 and .35 for a brush gun and white tail, but doesn't shoot far enough.

I would not want to PO a moose with a .270 though.

I will not take any shot unless it's a sure thing and am known around these parts for my calling abilities. I have a knack of reading the land and a Game trail by the water is usually a most productive place to sit when the wind is right. Besides, my shot is usually taken at less than 60 Yards and never more than 150. I have no qualms with shooting at 250 to 300 yards with my 30-06, usually have no need to do so. Just would like the bigger firearm for those rare times and for backing up some of the morons that I Guide for occasionally in order to help out a friend with his fledgling outfitter business.

Did you see the post Deep had about the mosin nagant? That was hilarious, That'll do it for you Backbacon!

I didn't see the post, on this Thread or on another one? If it's on another Thread please PM the link as I would love to read it.

I made a recon run, and this photo is from Blind Pass (north side of St. Pete Beach) down to Fort DeSoto which is on the north side of the entrance to Tampa Bay.

St. Pete Beach in the middle... it runs from Blind Pass on the north, to the North Channel which is Pass-a-Grille Beach, the first inlet south from Blind Pass.

Take a look off of St. Pete Beach and you will see the beach, a trough, and then a sandbar running parallel to the beach. Lot's of folks swim in the trough between the beach and the sandbar. They also congregate on the sandbar.

Low tide will find the sandbar almost exposed in some places, but mostly less than knee deep.

I'm planning on hunting the trough side of the sandbar...

And then meet at the tiki-hut for a two for one draft special for the all girls college volley ball tournament.

St. Pete Fl.jpg

Certainly each to their own..I am sure this won't be popular, but all this kill, shoot animals may appeal to some but I would appreciate a change in focus...thanks...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Certainly each to their own..I am sure this won't be popular, but all this kill, shoot animals may appeal to some but I would appreciate a change in focus...thanks...

Agreed.

Thanks and on that note I hope you all have a great day tomorrow. ..:) Time for lights out!

Squiggy, instead of limiting what others want to discuss, how about skipping over their conversations, and not regulating them (in a governmental fashion) to suit an individuals desires?

Some people don't like cat's. Some don't like the music, one person does not like Zombies. A couple don't like religion, a couple do... (religion stated just to show preferences as religion is not allowed, except for my Darwin fish which is how I sneak in my belief's as others do in the signature line which is a clearly visible loophole commonly used to circumvent TN's policy's by everyone including TN's moderators ((don't ban me bro)))

So, who set's the bar? Who is designated as thread censor? (other than TN's owners/reps)

If you dislike the hunting discussion, skip past it. There are clearly people who do like that topic.

Why can't they enjoy kicking back on this thread as much as you do?

Last edited:
Hummm! Good point, perhaps I will move to another thread!

Seems this thread has long since become the good old boys club. Discussing anything that might upset the delicate balance is frowned upon.

Having an opposing viewpoint seems to be all but forgotten. Sad.

I will say that if I felt any topic was offensive to anyone on the thread, I would stay away from it and use pm. ...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

I will say that if I felt any topic was offensive to anyone on the thread, I would stay away from it and use pm. ...

Respectfully, Squiggy, How do you know what is offensive to someone? Everybody has different buttons to push. This is the whole problem with life. The only way to stay safe on that is to become mute.

I respect your opinion, But I can't avoid you all the time?

It's all about communication and thoughtfulness. ..If you tell me something is offensive, I will respect that and move on...

Some people don't like cat's.........
Hey, whadayamean - some people........! :icon_scratch: Who is these "some people"? :laughing7:
Everyone Loves cats! LOL! Even if they don't like some cats, cats are here, and it's a fact jack! :laughing7:

widdlekitty.jpg

Squiggs, I is sorry if some of the bravado of the menhoods has gotten to you. Please do try to overlook their indulgences, as I am most sure, their hearts are in the right place. For me and mine, there has never been a life lost, that was not graciously prayed for and much gratitude given, for their sacrifice. I don't think anyone here, takes life, as being anything less than sacred.
It is not with malice, that some do these things, imho.

Hey everyone we are just about to go on a airboat ride on the saint johns river near cocoa! Sorry I have been slow posting but my batteries are sketchy...

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk now Free

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back