CRISPINS CRITTERS

Heading out to the bush, looks like heavy rain all weekend though. I will have my boat at the ready and will hopefully make it out to a river that I have been wanting to get to since last Fall for some rock and Copper hunting. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend everyone.

Nothing like walking thru London, listening to U2 ..........waiting for 3 days for your plane ride home.......this is one of my favorites.

Chris,

Good luck out on the lake and hope you find some goodies for your efforts....at the very least you'll get some fresh air and scenery for your efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill

Heading out to the bush, looks like heavy rain all weekend though. I will have my boat at the ready and will hopefully make it out to a river that I have been wanting to get to since last Fall for some rock and Copper hunting. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend everyone.

Well said PTC! Maybe we should skip detecting in November and just go for a coffee. Hard to chat with the buzzing. Eva got a bath last night because the wife felt she smelled bad. I didn't notice anything. I tried to explain to the wife that you can't put baby powder and baby lotion all over a puppy. Now that she has a baby she wants Eva to smell better. I apologized to Eva but she pouted most of the night anyway.

Quick medical lesson for anybody interested: Preventricular contractions (PVCs)
The tenth cranial nerve is the vagal nerve. It runs from the brainstem and down into the heart. It has many functions, one of which is external rate control of heart beat. Stress can cause overstimulation of the vagal nerve. This can lead to what is called a preventricular contraction. The Left ventricle pushes blood out into the body. The left atria pushes blood into the left ventricle. If the Left ventricle fires before the left atria then there is no blood to push out. These are known in common terms as "dropped beats." A beat is not acutally being dropped, but no QT wave shows up on EKG.

Having a PVC feels like one is having a heart attack for a split second. These commonly lead people to have panic attacks and end up in the ER. Guess who starts throwing PVCs by the end of most weeks? It can be treated a few different ways: meditation, beta-blockers, and benzodiazepines. Meditation is the treatment of choice but really hard to find time for in a busy household. Beta-blockers can have a side effect that impairs young men from studding....not good. Benzodiazepines are addictive and the body can rapidly develop a tolerance. The only other treatment I know of is lots of beer. The problem with alcohol is that the next morning it can make them come back with a vengance while the body is in withdrawal from it. I gave up my weekly ration of Guinness six weeks ago to try and help calm them down. It has overall been helpful, but it still has those moments...sigh.

Moral of the story: All that Glitters isn't gold.

Crisp

Crispin,

Nowadays, with the pharms cranking out meds for this and that, (money changes hands...)
A majority of doctors that prescribe them, (money changes hands...)
Lawyers collect fees for suing pharms for "bad drugs," (money changes hands...)

When I was a kid, I didn't need Ritalin, I only needed a warmed up rear every now and then.

I'm not a big fan of meds as you might have gathered.

My suggestion is to MAKE time for yourself to do something for YOURSELF.
Even if it's lazing in the hammock.
I go hiking and camping.
Makes a world of difference for me.
Of course, a cold beer just sweetens the pot! :occasion14:

I'm covered up this weekend...
I've got a 7 page mid-term paper to write for Phil. (mind the margins, Scott)

Prepare a rough draft of my Term paper and compile a list of questions for a student that I'm scheduled to interview on Tuesday.

Oh, and the leaves picked a fine weekend to need to be wrangled along with hopefully the last lawn mowing of the year.

I might jump on here later to post some study music.

Y'all have a Great Weekend!

Best,

Scott

PS. Welcome, Don!

Thanks to the "gang" for making it possible! :notworthy:

Scott,
Again, I thank you and 'the gang' for making this possible; but the pressure of this honor may now be giving me PVCs !!
Don.........

I'll help any time and any way that I can, but I draw the line on mouth to mouth unless it's life or death. :tongue3:

Best,

Scott

Don,

Don't sweat it....pretty laid back group all and all....just chill out and enjoy the banter, music and occassional foolishness...lol..

Regards + HH

Bill

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 8.02.54 PM.png

I'll help any time and any way that I can, but I draw the line on mouth to mouth unless it's life or death. :tongue3:

Best,

Scott

LOL!!
With all the cell phone cameras everywhere these days someone would be sure to snap an incriminating photo! :eek:

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk 2

I should get rid of my PVC?

pvc.png

Best,

Scott

PS.
I've lost audio to Youtube....
Has the Govt. shutdown caused this?

Oops...
Scott be straying towards politics....
Better tighten it up, boy.

Any help for the Youtube thing?
Seems like it hit 2GF and someone else a couple of days ago....:icon_scratch:

YouTube is working OK for me...

LOL!!
With all the cell phone cameras everywhere these days someone would be sure to snap an incriminating photo! :eek:

Well, I guess that I'd have to defend myself by saying,

"See? I TOLD you that I have a social life!" :laughing7:

Best,

Scott

Guys, time to head under the covers, been a long week, and have some catching up to do .....glad to be back among you and see you tomorrow....Gary

This is part of Squig's war on men

War on men, huh?

Seems the last time I was involved in any such activity, it was the "sexual revolution of the 70's."

With "women's lib" and "Free Love," I ended up on the losing side....:dontknow:

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back