CRISPINS CRITTERS

Scott,
For what it's worth I've been doing admin for about 6 years on the Canadian detecting forum. Luckily we've got a pretty good group of
people but there are times when it does get a bit trying. Just comes with the territory.

Regards + HH

Bill

Uncle!
I thought that site ceased......( doubt I was banned..:angel7:)
I'll have to look up my password and try it sometime.

BLEEECH!
Should I disappear....it was the burned/ scorched microwave pork rinds I should not have eaten.

Doldrums? It's full steam ( breath) ahead here...
Sliding door the dogs go out,with occasional threats, is worn out but the hoar frost binds it up tight. Pulling on the handle hard breaks the two thin screws holding it on , and once forced open the ice needs scraped out of the tired track. Wheels are froze up too....

70 year old tractor outside in the tarp shed said no to starting.
My truck too ,though a battery charger revived it for plowing.

Keeping boat batteries on a maintainer ,the golf cart charged ,but the three wheeler and riding mower batteries and auxiliary battery for cart are not happy.
The three wheeler should be maintained for ice fishing. Besides the frozen battery it still has summer blend fuel in it's tank.

Then there is always more shoveling...
If not for coffee and a computer, and taking care of the lady friend and the dogs... I might just stay outside. And freeze.

Thanks for the recipe though.
This winters culinary efforts are going to be focused on summer sausage and maybe some other results of a new grinder and the venison in the freezer.
Acquired pork to add ( don't tell certain voyageurs) and some spices.

Should have some wine brewing too, but have been slacking. Neglected to visit my favorite orchard that blends a proper mix of apples for cider that make a good apple wine too.

Trying to avoid the doldrums. Spring is too far away still!
Oh oh. We're stalled. Will it ever be spring again? What is a black fly again? Are they like a mosquito, I've heard of them ,they're like snakes? L.o.l...

RC,
As hard as it is to believe spring will come eventually. I checked a few days ago and the sunset was at 16:15 and today it's 16:18 so we're heading in the right direction.

Regards + HH

Bill

RC,
As hard as it is to believe spring will come eventually. I checked a few days ago and the sunset was at 16:15 and today it's 16:18 so we're heading in the right direction.

Regards + HH

Bill

I'm not going to test the theory ...but am willing to bet a nickel that buying a new snowmobile would hasten warmer weather.:tongue3:

Winter doldrums? It was 82 yesterday! There’s a reason I live in Florida.

Winter doldrums? It was 82 yesterday! There’s a reason I live in Florida.

A paradise for parasol lovers....8-)
77960ec8e9911be119ebb1dfa845de2b--parasols-umbrellas.jpg

Folks,

Another hearty bread recipe for you this one with whole wheat flour, grated carrots and walnuts. Heck you don't even have to knead it.

[h=2]Whole Wheat Bread[/h]
wholewheatbread6-150x150.jpg

Easy whole wheat bread with carrot and walnuts.

• Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
  • Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
  • Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes

[h=3]Ingredients[/h]
  • 500g whole wheat flour
  • 1tbsp dry instant yeast
  • 1 ¼ cup milk
  • ¾ cup yogurt
  • 1tsp salt
  • 3 carrots, grated
  • 100g walnut, crumbled
  • 2 tbsp oat

[h=3]Instructions[/h]
  1. Mix flour, yeast, salt, milk and yogurt in a bowl.
  2. Toss in grated carrot and walnuts. Mix with your hands.
  3. Cover and let it rest for 1 hour.
  4. Preheat oven to 180C.
  5. Dust the counter with a little flour and shape the bread on it.
  6. Line an oven tray with baking paper and place the loaf on it.
  7. Gently make squares with a knife and then sprinkle oats on it and put it oven.
  8. Bake it for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

[h=3][/h]

A taxpayer received a strongly worded "second notice" that his taxes were overdue. Hastening to the collector's office, he paid his bill, saying apologetically that he had overlooked the first notice.

"Oh," confided the collector with a smile, "we don't send out first notices. We have found that the second notices are more effective."

2GF,

Thanks for the chuckles and as we know the only 2 things we can't escape are death and taxes...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Anybody watching this tv show “ The Curse of Oak Island “? I’ve been communicating with one of the divers on the show Mr Mike Huntley. Mike is a really nice fella but he won’t share any Oak Island secrets. Haha. He dove something like 200 feet, inside a caisson, just a little over shoulder width...... John Chatterton dove it too. Anyway I bought a company sweat shirt off Mike. This is sooooo cooooolllll!!!!

High School Prom:

The most beautiful girl in the room, I asked her to dance and she said yes. We walked on to the floor and started dancing. She said: You smell good. What do you have on? I said an erection, but I did not know you could smell it. They may have been playing "The Last Dance." But, after she always had a SMILE for me. Just the smile, but she never spoke to me again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back