CRISPINS CRITTERS

Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.... and the same to all you guys!
I have been busy. I'am building timber frame homes and a log homes in Grants Pass Oregon area. I'am a foreman so the young bucks get to break their backs. I will be building a log home for my wife and daughter... and me too..... on the Rogue river around Merlin Oregon. I have wanted to live in that area for years. I can get a jet boat!!! I will have to put up with these yaa-hoos...

View attachment 1529256

OV,
Glad you stopped in!

Seems some are living the Dream!

Merry Christmas, my Friend!

Best,

Scott

PS.
I'd come work for you but I don't know how I'd respond to being called a "young buck!" :laughing7:

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year. OV wish I could come visit! I was given some deadly news last week from my doctor. Both life threatening and life altering disease........ I’m crushed, but I plan on making the best of my life. Going to spend a lot of time on my boat. I already gave it to the 11 year old. He’s my first mate. I’m going to teach him all that I can. It’s been a difficult journey but hey it’s been my journey.......my doctor said I have diabetes. I watched diabetes kill my grandmother.......... just another obstacle right? Go over it, around it, or thru it!!!!!!!! I hate Drs, they are always trying to find things wrong with you. Oh well, we must drive on in the face of adversity.

Scott,
Glad you are still working on your self improvement goals moving forward. All the best for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Regards + HH

Bill

In just over a week from today, a new year will be upon us.

Many find this time of year to consider "resolutions" to change their behaviors;
To effect their progress in Life for the coming year.

I consider the coming year to improve upon the things lacking and that which I will never give up....
My list for the New Year....

I will speak more kindly of others.
I will not be so quick to judge, for I know not what others have endured in their life.
I will Volunteer more for worthy purposes and causes.
I will not put myself before the needs of others.
I will continue to Never forsake my Fellow Vet.
I will strive to be a Friend to those who need a Friend.
I will smile more, showing that even in the pain of a situation, some good can be achieved.
I will expand my appreciation of being a mentor towards others whom look to me for advice.
I will endeavor to make amends to those I may have wronged in the past.
I will be more diligent in opportunities presented to appreciate Nature.
I will continue my passion towards education.
And, I will certainly continue my love of music!

I'm certain that I'll be able to add to my list in the next week, but this is just the start.
After all, don't we all have "a list?"

Merry Christmas, My Friends!

Always,
My Best Wishes,

Scott

Folks,

Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic this recipe is from the South of France. We've done it and it's very good.

2GF,
With all the bumps you've had along the way I'm sure you can navigate this one. Just a few adjustments to the diet and some regular exercise and hopefully you can keep it under control.
Be strong and all the best to you and your family for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Regards + HH

Bill

Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year. OV wish I could come visit! I was given some deadly news last week from my doctor. Both life threatening and life altering disease........ I’m crushed, but I plan on making the best of my life. Going to spend a lot of time on my boat. I already gave it to the 11 year old. He’s my first mate. I’m going to teach him all that I can. It’s been a difficult journey but hey it’s been my journey.......my doctor said I have diabetes. I watched diabetes kill my grandmother.......... just another obstacle right? Go over it, around it, or thru it!!!!!!!! I hate Drs, they are always trying to find things wrong with you. Oh well, we must drive on in the face of adversity.

Just called my Boss, Shannon, and looks like we will go shooting on Christmas Day!

Still have to ask my Landlord what he has planned on Christmas and whether he wants to come along...

I'll message Tristan next to see if he wants in....

Best,

Scott

OV,

I are you that house as your get away home or as a place for retirement down the road. Seems like a great area.

Regards + HH

Bill

It will be my only residence. I can open a guitar shop, buy, sell trade and build/repair. My daughter can attend a community college. No opportunity in this little coastal town. Property in (around) Merlin/Galice area is 20 acres, a foreclosure. Two tax lots, keep one sell one.
It's not cost efficient to keep a place on the coast. Being two hours inland I can blast over and do a bit of ocean fishing! Look at the beach and say.... yeh big deal been there, done that..... and head back home the same day.

OV,

Pretty smart move on your part. Property on the water is a big rip off generally. As you say you can always hit the water from wherever you're located without paying the big price for the location that you would probably only use once in awhile anyway water wise.

Regards + HH

Bill

Just talked to my Landlord and he has other plans for Christmas Day.

However, he is letting me borrow his Taurus .45 wheel and his Sig .357!

I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas morning!

Scott

OV,

Pretty smart move on your part. Property on the water is a big rip off generally. As you say you can always hit the water from wherever you're located without paying the big price for the location that you would probably only use once in awhile anyway water wise.

Regards + HH

Bill

I'am a 1/4 mile from the Pacific and can here the waves boom sometimes at night. I got lucky with the property on the Rogue river frontage House will be built out of the flood plane. A freind's wife (real estate broker) found the property and was going to flip it but let me have it. The sale of second tax lot will almost pay for my chunk of land.

Taurus .45 acp...
3791411_01_taurus_455_tracker_revolver_45_640.jpg

Sig .357...
M11-A1.jpg

Scott

Still seems funny to me 'cause I'm used to .45 pistols being automatic and .357 pistols being wheels....:icon_scratch:
I have fired both of these on previous trips shooting with my Landlord.
My favorite?
The Wheel, of Course!

Last edited:

Know your enemy. Keep a watchful eye on it. Go have fun.
Too healthy you'll get hit by a street car no where near a road or track.

Certainly I'll take my camera for pics of Christmas Day Shooting.

Now then, what can I take for targets?

(In the back row, Scotty raises his hand...)

"I got some empty beer cans!"

tumblr_lmhp30kttg1qe0xsro1_250.jpg

Only in the South, I guess....:laughing7:

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Seasons greetings all.
Delivered cookies around to neighbors today.
Indulged in a few cookies too. Whew.
Stay safe.
Don't mind they holidays. If they bug you ,sneak a peek or two outdoors in the wee hours. ( no ,not that wee hour.... or maybe....) Those can be the peaceful hours sometimes.

Yesterday, Tristan and I were allowed another "Lunch" at Texas Road House due to the work put in and the savings to the Boss's budget for maintenance.
I know of budgets having been a Manager and Department Head at previous jobs.

Anywho, I had the 8 oz. Sirloin and Grilled shrimp combo, cooked "Medium," the "Rattlesnake Bites" appetizer,
a baked tater and the bowl of chili as the sides, all washed down with coffee.

I thanked Shannon for the meal and he thanked me for showing my determination to keep the equipment running,
practicing safe maintenance and always there to perform whatever tasks were assigned.

The meal was paid for and was "on the clock!"
(Yeah, I ate slowly....)

Gotta be the best job that I've ever had!

Best,

Scott

Know your enemy. Keep a watchful eye on it. Go have fun.
Too healthy you'll get hit by a street car no where near a road or track.

It is unfortunate yet amusing that I can say my Uncle died because of alcohol....

He was hit and killed by a beer truck while crossing the street in 1938 in St. Louis......

Scott

If you know your enemy, then surely you know yourself.
You know what they are capable of; You know what you are capable of.
Sometimes, you might find yourself in a situation that requires only one can survive.
Be the one who survives to tell the story.
Dig?

Last edited:
RC,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year....it's been a fun ride since we connected courtesy of this crazy thread.

Regards + HH

Bill

Seasons greetings all.
Delivered cookies around to neighbors today.
Indulged in a few cookies too. Whew.
Stay safe.
Don't mind they holidays. If they bug you ,sneak a peek or two outdoors in the wee hours. ( no ,not that wee hour.... or maybe....) Those can be the peaceful hours sometimes.

Scott....I’m glad you are eating better than Ramen noodles all the time!

Hmmm...

Just spent some time familiarizing myself again with the Taurus and the Sig.
Weapon breakdown et al....

That .45 Taurus is a HAND CANNON!

Can't wait until I squeeze the trigger again! :notworthy:
No empty beer cans will be safe!

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back