CRISPINS CRITTERS

A final note....

Do you have a calendar yet for 2018?

If not, a calendar from 2007 will work perfectly.
Trust me. I know these things...

Also, a calendar from 2001 will work.

I looked over my calendar collection, (Yes, I collect calendars) and found the calendar from 2001 that was hanging in my Mom's apartment when she died.
It has some of her hand written notations about appointments at the beauty shop, appointments in March about H&R Block, and other items.

Yes, I will use that calendar for the next year and every time that I glance at it, I will remember my Mom....
Yesterday was 16 years ago that I was there when she breathed her last breath.

16 years ago, Christmas wasn't so Merry.

I have learned to live my life since then to be the man that she would have been proud of.
I have learned and now understand what she always wanted me to be...
I have learned to help others, be strong, lead and be there when others are afraid.
My strength and determination comes from the Love and nurturing that I gained from,

My Mom.

Always Love you and miss you, Mom....

Scott

Scotty, wish you had told me that back in 07

Happy birthday Rick Nielson! I have attended a Cheap Trick concert... and it was great!

Richard Alan "Rick" Nielsen (born December 22, 1948) is the lead guitarist, backing vocalist, and primary songwriter of the rock band Cheap Trick. He is well known for having many custom-made guitars from Hamer Guitars, including his famous five-neck guitar.

Many people do not realize they were asked, by Mr. John Lennon to help with this song.

Happy birthday Rick Nielson! I have attended a Cheap Trick concert... and it was great!

Richard Alan "Rick" Nielsen (born December 22, 1948) is the lead guitarist, backing vocalist, and primary songwriter of the rock band Cheap Trick. He is well known for having many custom-made guitars from Hamer Guitars, including his famous five-neck guitar.

Many people do not realize they were asked, by Mr. John Lennon to help with this song.

Went to see Cheap Trick in Kalamazoo Mi. In 1979.
Good time!

I saw KISS in 1977 in Roanoke Virginia and man where they good!

Bill: Not easy getting around without wheels especially being in a LARGE area with NO public transport. I live on the southern edge of the De Soto National Forrest, 14 miles from the nearest gas station. The town has one traffic light, next one is about thirty more miles south of that one. The next town north of me has a traffic light hanging outside the museum, which has been closed for about ten years. Cell phones don't work. Twelve years ago my brother-in-law killed himself and I received a text message from him two weeks later. The only reason I have internet is because they have about seven millionaires that live off the road to my shack.

Folks,

Since we are in the Christmas season I thought you might enjoy this one.

Pentatonix - Little Drummer Boy.

Folks,

For those people looking for a good hearty soup this one fits the bill. Typical French Canadian dish made with yellow split peas and ham.

In just over a week from today, a new year will be upon us.

Many find this time of year to consider "resolutions" to change their behaviors;
To effect their progressive journey in their Life for the coming year in a positive manner.

I consider the coming year to improve upon the things lacking and that which I will never give up....
My list for the New Year....

I will speak more kindly of others.
I will not be so quick to judge, for I know not what others have endured in their life.
I will Volunteer more for worthy purposes and causes.
I will not put myself before the needs of others.
I will continue to Never forsake my Fellow Vet and always be there for them.
I will strive to be a Friend to those who need a Friend.
I will smile more, showing that even in the pain of a situation, some good can be achieved.
I will expand my appreciation of being a mentor towards others whom look to me for advice.
I will endeavor to make amends to those I may have wronged in the past.
I will be more diligent in opportunities presented to appreciate Nature.
I will continue my passion towards education.
And, I will certainly continue my love of music!

I'm certain that I'll be able to add to my list in the next week, but this is just the start.
After all, don't we all have "a list?"

Merry Christmas, My Friends!

Always,
My Best Wishes,

Scott

A new year...
Almost like starting over...
"From The Beginning."

Last edited:
OV,

Glad you dropped in to say hi...don't be a stranger.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.... and the same to all you guys!
I have been busy. I'am building timber frame homes and a log homes in Grants Pass Oregon area. I'am a foreman so the young bucks get to break their backs. I will be building a log home for my wife and daughter... and me too..... on the Rogue river around Merlin Oregon. I have wanted to live in that area for years. I can get a jet boat!!! I will have to put up with these yaa-hoos...

78b91710b0a9b2b0c591e419c0d810fb.jpg

OV,

I are you that house as your get away home or as a place for retirement down the road. Seems like a great area.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back