Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you could consult the military archives. I provided the reference.

Or you could ponder the difference between "recovered" and "found."

The Wham Payroll Robbery is a well-known story. That's pretty much the point. There are numerous contemporary and more recent newspaper articles, magazine pieces, at least one book about it. Along with the military records referenced above.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Your map is deceiving because the county line runs north and south with Camron County being east of Elk county....I see "branch" marked on the map....that must be West Branch of Hicks Run.....amd that's about a mile or more off of 555...not 200 yards where all the activity was.

This makes sense. If a person can put stock in the former (aliens & hidden UFO's @ hangers @ area 51) then yes: It is not a big leap to likewise believe in treasure legend conspiracies also. So I guess my analogy attempt failed, when I tried to use that as an example of the unlikeliness of a scenario. (or were you just joking ?)

Haven't you ever see Independence Day? Geeze....actually i was making more of a "No on knows WTH the Government is doing or does" sort of statement but I will say this, I watch about every "How the Universe Works" show on history or science channel and they say there are more stars (our sun is a star btw) in the Universe then grains of sand on every beach on earth, with most having orbiting planets, they claim it is mathematically impossible for there not to be intelligent life out there similar or more advanced than ours. Lets ponder that, shove it in our pipes and smoke it...I bet their kids don't eat Tide Pods either.

Your map is deceiving because the county line runs north and south with Camron County being east of Elk county....I see "branch" marked on the map....that must be West Branch of Hicks Run.....amd that's about a mile or more off of 555...not 200 yards where all the activity was.

The county line runs east west in that spot. The area is just east of Bell Draft a few hundred feet. They put in a pipeline along that border and the spot is about 20 feet south of the pipeline.

Gotcha....i fish (and searched) quite a bit up and around Bell Draft.....id love to detect those two old camp right there as well.....one was a County Store many moons ago....

Here is the trail going in from Bell draft rd
It follows a old train track bed
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521151318.574430.jpg

That is not true! All of the paintings and priceless artifacts were turned over to the rightful owners. All of the gold was distributed to the countries it was captured from and all the rest went in to a Holocaust Fund that was given to the surviving victims in the early 1980's. No one profited from the millions that were found.

So the US has only a little over 8,000 tons of gold. I could give them that much from the CSA and KGC.

36480DA4-8DBD-4009-871B-60A420DDB944.jpeg

History IS ALWAYS WRITTEN BY THE VICTORS

C289064C-56E0-4DA6-8AE5-264FD0EDC1E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for that....we always looked in the center of the Bell Draft loop...

The site is just around the corner from the old logging camp. I moved to Arizona before I could finish up that search. I suspect they traveled down the east side of bell draft. I would search the ledges along that side.

Timberrattler heaven.....good spot to hide something.

Where it's marked gold on the map 2 of the gold bars were found. So I heard. They were painted with black tar. I don't care for snakes. I stepped on a timber rattler east of there. Can't say what happened to that snake. While filming the Legend show in the Superstitions I had to shoot a greenie that went after the crew. They filmed and aired that incident. 50000 snake lovers complained to the state. Lesson. Never allow yourself to be filmed shooting a snake

Last edited:
I always heard it unrefined gold bars that were found.....anyway my friend who lives nearby just got back to me and said the digging took place on the point or ridge that separates hicks and dents.....said he walked it for about a mile didnt see the backfill and had to head back home

Last edited:
I heard they were stamped and refined and coated with tar. Pure gold. Not like the gold I'm finding in the Superstitions 79% gold 20% silver. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521152810.135117.jpg

Dennis is a good guy. He just would rather be on a tv show than have the gold. You can't have both. I have no faith in the equipment he is using.

That certainly explains all the autobiographies and memoirs written by former Confederal officers - and even some enlisted men.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

My heart bleeds for you....nice haul!

I always heard it unrefined gold bars that were found.....anyway my friend who lives nearby just got back to me and said the digging took place on the point or ridge that separates hicks and dents.....said he walked it for about a mile didnt see the backfill and had to head back home

What road did he take to get to the ridge/point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back