Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What road did he take to get to the ridge/point?
I bet that gated road at the bottom of Little Bear or whatever it's called, where the parking lot is for the hiking trail would get you up there as well....the roads probably meet some where up there.

The one right in front of the camp with the large front yard.....that logging road they drove the excavator on eventually leads to the old food plots I guess....that road is on state property I guess.

The staging area where the FBI guys were is just over a quarter mile up Dents Run from 555. There is a log road going up the hill on the right. The dig area is on a left hand turn on the log road. The excavator didn't go past the curve as there is a tree across the road. Probably a 150 yds up the hill

The staging area where the FBI guys were is just over a quarter mile up Dents Run from 555. There is a log road going up the hill on the right. The dig area is on a left hand turn on the log road. The excavator didn't go past the curve as there is a tree across the road. Probably a 150 yds up the hill
Well...thats why he didn't find it...he went up the one across from the old school house or railroad station.....old people...thanks for the update as well!

Pics of said excavator? The images you posted of the dig area are so not convincing. Heck, the leaves aren’t even disturbed. Am I missing something in that post?

.... they claim it is mathematically impossible for there not to be intelligent life out there similar or more advanced than ours. .....

As I said Tedyoh, the ones who can buy into the area 51 and UFO conspiracies, sure ... then it's an easy leap to treasure legends.

As for the UFO's visiting us, and all that you've said, it's actually quite the opposite: The odds at life on other planets (strictly speaking, if you're a natural evolutionist) is VASTLY AGAINST the odds of "life forming". No matter HOW many stars and planet you put out there. The fine-tuning of complexity here, if it's all random chance, does NOT bear the odds of repeating elsewhere. Check out author Hugh Ross book "Improbable Planet" if you doubt.

....History IS ALWAYS WRITTEN BY THE VICTORS ...

Someone once did a study of this "catchy phrase" and inventoried all the works of antiquity . Ie.: the literature where ancients wrote of the history of all-that-we know about ancient Europe, the east, etc... And ... surprisingly ... despite the catchy jingle, there's no rhyme or reason to "victor " vs "non-victor". Plenty of historic works of ancient antiquity were written by the conquered nation's authors. Sorry.

As I said Tedyoh, the ones who can buy into the area 51 and UFO conspiracies, sure ... then it's an easy leap to treasure legends.

As for the UFO's visiting us, and all that you've said, it's actually quite the opposite: The odds at life on other planets (strictly speaking, if you're a natural evolutionist) is VASTLY AGAINST the odds of "life forming". No matter HOW many stars and planet you put out there. The fine-tuning of complexity here, if it's all random chance, does NOT bear the odds of repeating elsewhere. Check out author Hugh Ross book "Improbable Planet" if you doubt.
Come on Tom...you are now questioning mathematics and Astrophysicists? The smartest people on the planet? Shame on you!

Pics of said excavator? The images you posted of the dig area are so not convincing. Heck, the leaves aren’t even disturbed. Am I missing something in that post?

Why take a photo of an excavator. It wasn't at the dig site anymore, we all know what excavators look like. If all you see are undisturbed leaves, then you're looking at the wrong photos. The two photos of the road is fresh dirt, covered with a light coating of snow. It snowed before we got there .Dennis Parada is a member of Treasurenet. I want you to contact him and ask if this is his dig spot. When he says yes, will you please come back on and apologize for doubting me.

Come on Tom...you are now questioning mathematics and Astrophysicists?

No, I'm QUOTING astrophysicists ! As for the ones you cite from watching TV UFO-shows, well go figure: Hollywood is grand, eh ? But ... let's not get off topic. UFO's has nothing to do with this. I was trying to point to something absurd, that similar "conspiracies" circulate about, that sound no different than this treasure. Little did I know it would fail to take hold as an example, because you'd simply resort to agreeing that the conspiracies @ area 51 and UFO's exist.

So let's change it to "Elvis Presley is still alive" or "man never landed on the moon". If you can agree those are silly, I can show you links to people who've seen suspicious activity, and can explain away all the evidence. After all, I read it in the National Enquirer ! :laughing7:

Pretty good. Shows the odds of all sorts of improbable things , eh ?

Ok, so if I showed you a a 747 jet, and told you it got formed by random chance d/t a wind storm went through a junk yard and assembled the pieces together. What would you say? You'd say "impossible". But if I gave you a quintilion junkyard and a quintilion years, and a quintilion wind storms, is it now "likely" ? No, still not likely. So too is life on this planet. The complexity of the human body and balance of nature (assuming you're counting on random natural evolution) is like those junkyard parts + windstorm = 747.

Kind of like stacking silver dollars all the way to the moon, or spreading silver dollars across the entire state of Texas. And painting one of them black. Then blindfolding you and telling you to pick the black one. Pretty good odds, eh ?

But let's cut to the chase: This example (area 51 conspiracies) analogy won't work for you. Since you are a believer there. Hence a bad example. How about man never went to the moon ? :)

Last edited:
Pretty good. Shows the odds of all sorts of improbable things , eh ?

Ok, so if I showed you a a 747 jet, and told you it got formed by random chance d/t a wind storm went through a junk yard and assembled the pieces together. What would you say? You'd say "impossible". But if I gave you a quintilion junkyard and a quintilion years, and a quintilion wind storms, is it now "likely" ? No, still not likely. So too is life on this planet. The complexity of the human body and balance of nature (assuming you're counting on random natural evolution) is like those junkyard parts + windstorm = 747.

Kind of like stacking silver dollars all the way to the moon, or spreading silver dollars across the entire state of Texas. And painting one of them black. Then blindfolding you and telling you to pick the black one. Pretty good odds, eh ?

But let's cut to the chase: This example (area 51 conspiracies) analogy won't work for you. Since you are a believer there. Hence a bad example. How about man never went to the moon ? :)
I'm not a fool Tom.

Imaudigger: Not saying caches don't exist. (I've found a few). Just challenging folks to ask themselves if other plausible explanations exist.

Some people would say that casting a skeptical eye on treasure stories will cause a person to be "left out of possibilities" (ie.: "ya never know"). But I'm of the opinion that the OPPOSITE is true: When you put forward the critical skeptical view, you actually SAVE time on the silly leads. Which are, in reality, telephone game camp-fire stories. Your time ends up better spent on more-likely-leads, hence more potential for finds.

Maybe they found a chest fulla "collusion"? 😂

...He mentioned that a friend of his found a box of gold at so and so’s cabin.....

Imaudigger, great conversation. Let me comment on the stories that we md'rs hear from others of past treasures found that they heard of . I can tell you first hand, from my 42+ yrs. at this, that I too have had people (friends and strangers) spin stories of treasures that they know of that were found. But it turns out, they were mistaken (albeit sincerely).

Let me give you an example: A buddy of mine got permission from const. workers, to work an oldtown sidewalk tearout. It progressed 1 or 2 days per week, they'd tear out a new section. Yet they'd cement it all in the same day. So he had to hit it during their lunch hour. Each day, when the workers came back from lunch, they'd inquisitively check to see his latest finds. He would "grease the wheels" by passing out common V's, IH's, etc... to the fascinated workers.

One day, he found a little owl shaped amulet, about the size of a chess piece. It looked gold, and had some sort of red stone eyes. When it came time to show the worker's his daily take, he brought the owl out of his apron and mused "might be gold". The workers were spellbound! Then he pointed to the eyes and said "might be rubies". They were bowled over ! Then said "probably 1800's (as some of the coins from this block were that old).

That night, he got home and cleaned up all his stuff. Looking at the owl under magnification, he could see it was only gold plated. And looking at the red eyes: Just chips of glass. It was nothing but 1920s costume jewelry lapel pin, so he promptly threw it in the trash.

The next day, he was back at a new tear-out section. Off in the distance, he could see a tractor driver watching him intently. Eventually, the worker walked over and gawked for a minute. My friend could see it was a new worker at the site he'd never seen before. The guy drew closer and asked "what have you found ?" Turns out my friend had found nothing at all this day so far. At that, the worker launched into a story about, how the day before, some guy had been there and found "gold coins" from "the 1800s" ! My friend was floored. He figured someone came along after him, and found something he missed. He was devastated :(

So he pumped the worker for details about the "gold coins", hoping to find out if it was someone he knew from the local md'ing community. As the worker listed the details, a curious word slipped out of his mouth: "Owl". My friend busted up laughing because he realized the worker was talking about HIM ! So he tried to explain that ... No, there were no gold coins found. And no, the owl wasn't gold. And no, it wasn't old or valuable, blah blah.

BUT THE WORKER WOULD NOT BE DISSUADED. Because he had gotten it on good authority, by eyewitnesses at the water-cooler that morning, who had seen it with their own eyes ! Hence certainly there must have been someone else who came by later the day before and found "gold".

See how quickly telephone game can happen IN A SINGLE NIGHT ? By sincere well-meaning eye-witnesses ?

I can give you several more stories like that. To show you that , a lot of the treasures-recovered stories that you hear (someone who told someone who told someone) can get bent up quite shortly.

Why take a photo of an excavator. It wasn't at the dig site anymore, we all know what excavators look like. If all you see are undisturbed leaves, then you're looking at the wrong photos. The two photos of the road is fresh dirt, covered with a light coating of snow. It snowed before we got there .Dennis Parada is a member of Treasurenet. I want you to contact him and ask if this is his dig spot. When he says yes, will you please come back on and apologize for doubting me.

Ok I’ll just take your word for it, lmao. You have no proof you were on the site with those images. Why did you even mention the excavator as proof that the site was vacated? Why not show some proof the entire site is clear?

Ok I’ll just take your word for it, lmao. You have no proof you were on the site with those images. Why did you even mention the excavator as proof that the site was vacated? Why not show some proof the entire site is clear?

Now you're acting childish. I'm done responding to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back