Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is there, or took place there,or or this would not be taking place in a state forest, a wma at that.

Where there is smoke, there's fire. Right ?

So too has the same argument been advanced regarding the Oak Island treasure. Eg.: how could it possibly *not* be true, if so many people have invested so much time seeking, going through legal channels, etc... Yet we know this doesn't make Oak Island any-more-true.

So I'm not sure if I go with the "smoke = fire" addage when it comes to detecting & treasures. Lots of bruhaha can develop over a site or story, when ... in fact... nothing might exist.

Last edited:
Tom in Ca., what I posted was not an assertion. It was from private messages between myself and Dennis. I am glad to see Dennis get to finally dig. And in a grand way. At least he is digging instead of talking about it. Looking forward to what becomes of this dig, good, bad or otherwise.

Tom in Ca., what I posted was not an assertion. It was from private messages between myself and Dennis.....

Yes they most certainly were assertions. I didn't mean assertions that YOU made. I meant assertions from Dennis, that you had quoted. They are clearly there in your post # 69 . And Dennis has made the assertions that gold is there.

There is a skeleton and artifacts still in it and gold and silver bars.

According to the "legend" it was either 26 or 50 gold bars. If so, where do the above mentioned silver bars come in? Was this cave used for multiple robberies?

Here we go again. He has pictures of some of these, as you call them, "assertions". I have seen these pictures. Since you do not possess the pictures, they must be assertions to you. Let's all just sit back and see what he does find. There must be something up there to get the FBI involved.

Here we go again. He has pictures of some of these, as you call them, "assertions". I have seen these pictures. Since you do not possess the pictures, ...

Pictures ?? Pictures of what ? And if no one (except you and him) have seen these "pictures", then YES, that makes claims of gold to be "assertions".

For example: If I told you unicorns exist, I would be making the assertion "Unicorns exist". And you would rightfully call that an assertion (or claim, or whatever you want to call it). And If I claimed to have pictures to prove unicorns exist, then I had better show that such pictures exist . Lest, yes, .... I have only simply made an assertion.

If proof exists, BRING IT ON. So that this story gets out of the assertion stage. ANYONE can claim a treasure exists, and that they have proof (pix or whatever). But if that (or a treasure) is never forthcoming, then yes: It remains an assertion.

Tom in Ca., actually real and clear pictures. This was the first I seen the grainy video. I am not sure if there is gold in this cave, but there is something in there. It could be a treasure, but not what most think it is. Be patient and quit naysaying. Let's see what becomes of this dig.

I had a treasure dig a couple of years ago. What I expected to find was not to be. But what I did find were colonial era artifacts and a really nice cave. That was my treasure. Treasure comes in many forms and not always gold.

.... I am not sure if there is gold in this cave, but there is something in there.....

Ok . So you (he) has clear "pictures", but you can't say for certain they are gold ? Then ... if you (and he?) can't say for sure that a) they're not for certain gold , and b) no gold has been brought up, .... then yes, it's still at the assertion phase.

... what I did find were colonial era artifacts and a really nice cave. That was my treasure.....

For sure. None of us belittles cool artifacts in our hunts. But so that we're clear: Dennis is on record as firmly stating this is the gold talked about in the legend. Nothing less.

From the Pennsylvania Game Commission Regulations:

§ 135.1. Scope.

This chapter regulates and controls the use and administration of lands, waters and buildings under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction.

§ 135.2. Unlawful actions.

In addition to the prohibitions in the act on lands, waters or buildings under Commission ownership, lease, agreement, control or jurisdiction, it is unlawful, except with the permission of the person in charge of the lands, or the written permission of the Director to:

(1) Camp or use campsites.

(2) Plant, gather, cut, dig, remove or otherwise injure plants or parts thereof, including trees, shrubs, vines, flowering plants, cultivated crops, mushrooms and fruits of berry-producing plants.

(3) Travel on lands by means of vehicle or conveyance propelled by motorized power. This prohibition does not include the travel by individuals permanently confined to a wheelchair propelled by electric power obtained from batteries. Individuals desiring to hunt from an electric powered wheelchair shall have a disabled person permit under section 2923 of the act (relating to disabled person permits).

(4) Swim in a dam, pond, lake or stream.

(5) Injure, destroy or cause damage to property—real, personal or mixed.

(6) Remove or attempt to remove any manmade or natural object except wildlife and fish lawfully taken. Objects which may not be removed include animals, rocks, minerals, sand and historical or archaeological artifacts.

(7) Participate in, become a part of, contribute to or engage in disorderly conduct as defined in 18 Pa.C.S. § § 5503 and 5505 (relating to disorderly conduct; and public drunkenness).

(8) Kindle, use or maintain an open fire.

(9) Travel on roads open to vehicular travel with vehicle or conveyance propelled by motorized power which is not licensed or authorized for operation on a public highway under 75 Pa.C.S. (relating to the Vehicle Code).

(10) Violate, fail or neglect to follow instructions posted on signs authorized by the Director.

(11) Travel by mechanical or motorized conveyance or ride animals on newly constructed, seeded or planted roads, or other areas, when posted against the travel.

(12) Possess, maintain, operate, occupy or travel by snowmobile or ATV in a manner not in accordance with the standards in 75 Pa.C.S. Chapter 77 (relating to Snowmobile and All-Terrain Vehicle Law).

(13) Construct, place, maintain, occupy, use, leave or abandon structures or other tangible property, except in the manner otherwise authorized and limited by § 135.41(c)(11) (relating to State game lands).

i saw fbi police b4, some guys planned to blow up a bridge, and the fbi police and
the fbi,homeland were there too

fbi police
https://www.fbijobs.gov/career-paths/police-security

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI_Police#/media/File:Patch_of_the_FBI_Police.png

Very interesting definition for FBI POLICE ​from wikipedia

The Federal Bureau of Investigation Police (FBI Police) are federal law enforcement officers that are tasked with protecting FBI facilities, properties, personnel, users, visitors and operations from harm and may enforce certain laws and administrative regulations.

How would this division of the FBI be applied in this situation.

Are they protecting?:
1. FBI Facility
2. Properties
3. Personnel
4.Users(???)
5. Visitors
6. Operations

Very very interesting
FF80EF42-447B-4C14-9CD3-4D3A267F5829.pngA826BD8F-A030-4C3B-8C36-DDCED6020DC5.png

Ok. And this would be boiler plate similar for all 50 state's state parks rules. And this has what bearing on the purported treasure here ?

I think the Park Rules state that clearly someone or some people shouldn't have been doing what they were doing....I could be wrong. I'm puzzled by the statement that someone was offered an opportunity by a State agency to secure a bond and subsequently be granted permission to dig, that would never happen on State owned land in Kentucky.

I think the Park Rules state that clearly someone or some people shouldn't have been doing what they were doing....I could be wrong. I'm puzzled by the statement that someone was offered an opportunity by a State agency to secure a bond and subsequently be granted permission to dig, that would never happen on State owned land in Kentucky.

Under a court order from a judge this could happen. There should be a copy of the court order and trial at the County Courthouse. The judge can authorize permission if it deems it feasible that Finder's Keepers had been under mined or defrauded by the State of Pennsylvania. A US District Judge, since the FBI is on location. A State Judge could also have ordered the dig to clear the State of Pennsylvania's honor. Some how someone though if this is a farse, someone will have to pay because the taxpayers should not have to pay for this sort of thing if Finder's Keepers are wrong.

it's ok for the people to pay for the land and the people to protect it from you .every time i have run into a game warden all they are looking for is a reason to fine you for something or tell you what not to do. they like to show you who's boss ..took the wife to the grand canyon a couple years ago to see the fall colors and before i could get out of the car the warden was warning me ,i just left before i could run my mouth .

State game land can be tricky. I have been dealing with Maryland over the past few years concerning certain cave projects. They involved digging and access to road cuts. I ask before I act. Thus far, I have been granted access and digging on state property. These projects have yielded nine cave discoveries. One thing the state is really touchy about, that being artifacts and bones, early human habitats and, especially human bones. If they are found, the cave operation ceases. If we are lucky, after the professionals are done their "excavations", we may get back in the cave. If a nature conservancy gets control of the cave, it is closed forever to visitation. Such archeological discoveries are rare in my area, so thus far, it has not been a problem. If a cave discovery on private property is significant, we may work through an organization to lease it. One may ask what does this have to do with Dent's Run. Dennis states he feels the site was a prior native American habitat with artifacts and even a human skeleton. He dug the site prior to notification and extraction of any native American artifacts. This can put one's "tit in a wringer", big time. But now with the FBI on site along with excavation equipment, I am sure they are past the native American issue, at least for now.

I do not Believe they are on Gameland.
as Far as I remember Back, I believe he said State Forest which Forestry does allow more Uses of their Land

& forestry& DCNR were on site

forrestry.jpg-dcnr.jpg

Game Commission Tags look like this

2d5c4d61-f31c-4e8a-92a4-d5a9c14e09e8-large16x9_game_commission.jpgpa_game_commission_fall.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they don't find anything since the government is involved, this could be bad for detectorist as the government seems to not like what we do very much now. If they find the gold it might make the government think more about limiting are activity if they think we could possibly find big treasure like this, they don't seem to mind to much now since its mostly just a coin here or there. It seems big brother don't like us getting something for nothing even though you might spend time looking for information and time detecting, they don't count that they like you working to make the rich richer or at least make money on taxing your small company. HH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back