Basic signs and symbols you have found

I must update all those who do send pictures and emails.
I have had to undergo an ISP change as My old provider quit business a little while ago.

The email link in my profile has been updated with the new address

but for those who are reluctant to use the links
I am found at

[email protected]

hi guys found this could the drill holes have two meanings

Attachments

• Tifinag%20Alphabet.jpg
    Tifinag%20Alphabet.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 5,012
An interesting alphabet.
it seems a bit short on vowels though.

John,
I'll post the Spanish dot meanings for you guys.
My hand writing isn't too good but it can be deciphered.

Farm,
It's very important to note that where similarity starts it also ends.
don't become too engrossed in alternate stuff. Sure ...
put a copy in your hard copy files and forget about it till you find some of this writing.
Otherwise realize it will create confusion.

Thanks old dog, I'm guessing at this point. If I can't read it or prove it right it has to be wrong.

To me I think there might be a Spanish sign or two or many on this older pic.
montana.jpg

Must be imagination though because the Spanish did not travel there.

John,
Every one of us has a file of maybe type signs.
They intrigue us and occupy a lot of our time, but they can be often eliminated by further exploration.
Don't let a set of speculative things drive you nuts, it will keep you from the ultimate goal.
If you are all ready to go in and explore what you are seeing here be very careful. It may be entrapped.
(always keep that thought in the back of your mind) and act accordingly. Safety first my friend.

A Cool flow of air from behind this stack sounds exciting... study Study STUDY!

Old Dog said:
John,
Every one of us has a file of maybe type signs.
They intrigue us and occupy a lot of our time, but they can be often eliminated by further exploration.
Don't let a set of speculative things drive you nuts, it will keep you from the ultimate goal.
If you are all ready to go in and explore what you are seeing here be very careful. It may be entrapped.
(always keep that thought in the back of your mind) and act accordingly. Safety first my friend.

A Cool flow of air from behind this stack sounds exciting... study Study STUDY!

Thanks OD,

I have a long stick I attach a camera and light to, and just take a video. It is a lot easier and safer as I dont like most of the areas I go to get the pics.

I also see what is intructions on how to get around these obstacles. Im not used to seeing that kind of thing, so I just take a picture and move on. I just dont want to get stuck or hurt.

Study I do. Im still insure how some of the signs are made.

That triangle came with a neat hole up top, just out of reach. Getting up there is easy, getting down, well its easy, but your gonna hurt in the morning, if not need a trip to the hospital. I still have three sides of the mountain to go, then the next mountain, and the next......smiles.

[quote
Thanks OD,

I have a long stick I attach a camera and light to, and just take a video. It is a lot easier and safer as I dont like most of the areas I go to get the pics.

I also see what is intructions on how to get around these obstacles. Im not used to seeing that kind of thing, so I just take a picture and move on. I just dont want to get stuck or hurt.

Study I do. Im still insure how some of the signs are made.

That triangle came with a neat hole up top, just out of reach. Getting up there is easy, getting down, well its easy, but your gonna hurt in the morning, if not need a trip to the hospital. I still have three sides of the mountain to go, then the next mountain, and the next......smiles.
[/quote]

Persist my friend persist,
That is how we do it.

Safety first.

I have a light that is powered by some very small NiCad batteries and clips to my hat.
When nobody looks I crawl in these holes. (very few snakes here)
But am still careful.

Maybe that is the reason I seem to find more than most.
(my method is not recommended for the faint of heart.)

So have you guys ever thought of a Bore scope, Harbor freight tools sells one that when on sale the color version can be had for a little over a hundred bucks.... you can reach over 3' into places with a lighted camera and a monitor that can be detached and used separately, also a 3' extension can be had letting your go '6... great way to not put your face too close to something bad.... They also have one that you can take and record pictures with just search their site... inspection camera....

http://www.harborfreight.com/Digital-Inspection-Camera-67979.html

cupon link here....http://www.harborfreight.com/more-c...rbor Freight&gclid=CNyb0cKCvagCFcO8Kgodc0CKFA

2_01.jpg

Hi Sheldon, a bore-scope could come in handy for small places.

I could never get rid of my lucky walking stick. I would look rather funny trying to keep a snake at bay, or balance with a bore-scope. I have a picture in my head right now and I am smiling.

I will have to check out weight and battery type. Also how it will work with my video software. I have a small laptop I take, if it hooks up to that, I could see me using something like that once I find my holes. It would be a backup to my camera, but a powerful one.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever found anything of value on one of these spanish treasure trails? l read in a magazine recently that someone found a small bar, but they didn't know if it was silver or lead, and I also read that twenty years ago a few guys found 80lbs of gold bars, and they were buried in the shape of a cross. But.... who know's if that was just a set up for the magazines to make it more interesting?

You don't have to show me anything personally, because I understand why you wouldn't want to tell. I just keep trying to research it on the net, and I've found so few stories with pictures of people finding anything.

Thanks,
Brandon.

Brandon,
Check your PMs.
One thing that very few will ever show is results.

For the record ... :wink:
All the holes I find are empty.

LOL

When someone finds something of worth they go silent for a reason... so follow up stores are kind of rare.

Battery on the bore scope, monitor is rechargeable and built in, on the hand unit it is AA's mine (color) has a USB for capture, some use a card to dump to, Not sure on the higher priced one but if there is a Harbor tools close by they have them in the store too so you can get a hands on....

this one cost more http://www.harborfreight.com/high-resoltuion-digital-inspection-camera-with-recorder-67980.html but lists
■Save images on internal flash memory or SD card (not included)
■USB cable lets you stream video directly to your laptop or personal computer
■Brilliant 3.5" color 320 x 240 display
■Narrow 8.5mm probe fits most spark plug holes
■38" watertight flex shaft with CMOS imager
■Bright white LED illumination
■Rechargeable lithium-ion battery

Hi Sheldon,

If it uses AA batterys, can linked with a USB cable, and has SD card for easy transfer, that would meet my requirements. I will have to add it to my wish list. Have a couple of items I need like yesterday.

When I scout, I usually wear two shirst, with pockets. One for phone, and one for camera. The phone is a backup. But I dont use it for pictures unless necessary. When breaking brush, its easier that way. My pack stays at the base of the mountain, till I know I am going to need it. I have two packs, one is for electronic toys and lunch, the other is for work. The scope would be ok for a flat trail, but not for everyday in my opinion.

Thanks for the idea. I seen one for sale on Craigslist, it was a under water setup for about $400 bucks, it went a 150 feet. Might pay to have them both.

Casca:
Sounds like you can use a hunter's / fisherman's / photographer's / survival vest. You can find them made of a webbing to allow full air flow in HOT weather. Which is what you have THERE, right. ;D :thumbsup:

But its a dry heat.

I have been thinking of a vest, my shirt doesnt hang on a cactus or juniper tree as Im going over a edge. If I get hung, it could cost me. But a vest would be good for the low areas for sure, and metal detecting, and fishing.

Do you have any in mind? I like camo as I dont like to be seen when Im out.

Bass Pro Shops would have them, but there is a place, I think in Texas, that has camo stuff and all kinds of shooting and survival gear. They're call Cheaper Than Dirt at this website: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

It's the big boys' toy site. ;D I've ordered from them before, recently and they ship FAST. I got 15 5shot boxes of 20 ga, #3 buckshot for less than $5 per box and had them in my hands in less than a week; along with 2 new clips for my Ruger Mk2 target pistol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back