X-terra 705 Control box handle.

kladdhunden

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried doing some searches on google etc but i don't know if im to stupid or something.
Does anyone know how the handle on a X-terra actually "lock" the control box inplace/Release it when u push?

$(KGrHqN,!k8FJjOch,IcBSeBcI3qNg~~60_1.jpg

I just tried mine and there really isn't anything to push to release the head but just sort of pull it straight out. Don't twist it at all but just pull straight out, they send a screw with the 705 that you can use that goes through the handle if you really want the control head so it can't be removed without removing the screw but mine fits snug enough that I don't worry about it coming out. It is tight and I used my thumbs on the control head while holding onto the handle and pushed with my thumbs. Must be a small indentation inside the handle that the control head pops into. I know I tired twisting my control head to get it out of the handle and broke the small latch off the head but it still is such a tight fit in the handle that I don't worry about it ever coming out. I guess I might someday put the screw in just to make sure it doesn't come out by accident. Hope this helps some.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back