Attachments

• 100_2851.JPG
    100_2851.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_2852.JPG
    100_2852.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
Ok well I might as well post these also they might be flints. I was thinking today what a bunch of broken stuff....lol

Attachments

• 100_2861.JPG
    100_2861.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_2863.JPG
    100_2863.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_2864.JPG
    100_2864.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_2870.JPG
    100_2870.JPG
    350.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_2865.JPG
    100_2865.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 73
Ok well I might as well post these also they might be flints. I was thinking today what a bunch of broken stuff....lol

You have a couple more that are no doubt gun flints. That blob, well... Looks like creosol off a phone pole. Lol! Don't have a clue on it.

Looks like some type of slag from melting metal.

Thanks, the glob is no where near any lines. Thought it was weird looking. 2 different rocks. Maybe something off the tractor dripped.

Last edited:
Thanks, the glob is no where near any lines. Thought it was weird looking. 2 different rocks. Maybe something off the tractor dripped.

It looks to be a by product of blacksmith work that probably happened at that 19th century site you happened upon. "Slag" from melting metal.

Last edited:
At first I did not think they were gun flints because of the other flint he was finding. But if he is finding old foundations and fired bricks and slag they very well could be. I would have a detector there so quick it would not be funny. Could be a great site rock. I would like to see the brick. I have some hand fired ones I dug out back from a late 1700's house site. I am pretty sure you have morrow mtn points. Good finds might be on a great site.

At first I did not think they were gun flints because of the other flint he was finding. But if he is finding old foundations and fired bricks and slag they very well could be. I would have a detector there so quick it would not be funny. Could be a great site rock. I would like to see the brick. I have some hand fired ones I dug out back from a late 1700's house site. I am pretty sure you have morrow mtn points. Good finds might be on a great site.

Hey Richard!! Every one has spring fever. You pulled your bike avatar back out!! I think Rock has a morrow Mt. Base. You think so?

Where would I post a pic of the brick? The one with the writing on the side is the nicest one. I will have to go back and get it though the next time I get out there. I threw it in the outer part of the field. It is the best looking one. The others are just pieces and the tractor has killed them. The black piece when I tap on it it sounds like glass. So what is the one in my avatar? Anyone

Rock post it here if you like. NC looks like a morrow mtn. I have a few they are powerful knifes from what I have read in archeological reports. Killing machines. Yeah been riding a little.
Good post Sir Rock.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back