what ELSE are you guys interested in?

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously we all share a mutual interest in silver, but I'm curious what other hobbies people are involved in?

I'll go first. I am really into playing poker. When I graduated from college in 2008 I actually spent a couple of years playing poker for a living, playing online on PokerStars and Full Tilt. I am also a bit of a "cork dork" as I have an interest in wines (mostly reds though).

So what else are you guys (and gals) passionate about?

Upvote 0
Bought a 1936 Cleveland Centennial coin couple of weeks ago for under 20, my LCS said it looked like an MS63 and bought it for over 100 bucks... So pretty sweet pick up there.

Had several games with players who've gone on to NFL. Sheldon Richardson the Jets 1st round pick had him in HS and in college scrimmages. Other guys like Sean Weatherspoon from the Falcons, Blaine Gabbert, Jeremy Maclin, Aldon Smith.

That's awesome that you made a quick buck on the auction purchase...did you get a feel for those players' demeanors when you were reffing their games? Did they seem cocky?

Coins, particularly British coins
Antiquities
Buying/Selling jewellery
Computers/Coding
History
Garage Sales/Auctions
Video Games (I'm a (J)RPG nerd, currently playing through Fire Emblem on the 3DS for the 2312312nd time)
And I like reading some libertarian/anarcho-capitalist political theory

Coins, particularly British coins
Antiquities
Buying/Selling jewellery
Computers/Coding
History
Garage Sales/Auctions
Video Games (I'm a (J)RPG nerd, currently playing through Fire Emblem on the 3DS for the 2312312nd time)
And I like reading some libertarian/anarcho-capitalist political theory

Is there a lot of silver in the British coins? What languages do you write in? I putz around on Code Academy every now and then, it's fun. Can you elaborate on the anarcho-capilast theory? I was an econ major and that sounds interesting.

Auctions seem cool? Do you go for specific items or are you buying storage units?

Just odds and ends. I really like estate auctions when I can find them. Auction houses have in the past given me the feeling I was bidding against myself......didn't see anyone else bidding, yet the bid was being raised..........

Seems target shooting and prepping would go hand in hand. Convinced the end is near eh?

No, just don't feel like waiting on the .gov to bring me a bottle of water and an MRE in case of a tornado, disaster, etc.

2/1/87 your bday?

No, 2-187 is the unit I spent a great deal of my life in, and served in combat with.

See answers embedded in quote above

As my username indicates, fishing:
tuners.jpg

Better chime in before the Treasurenet server crashes from this thread!

-Family
-Legal drugs (I'm a pharmacist)
-Travel - got $4000 saved for Paris trip - all from CRHing!
-Numismatics
-Running - have done 2 marathons & would love to do Boston next year
-Live Poker (live in Vegas) - this is where my CRH bankroll started!
-Card/Board games - Dominion rules!
-Sports - Huge Boise State fan (native)
-Brazilian Steakhouses (and good food in general)
-Wheaten Terriers (got one - "Finnick")

Ya nice tuna there as well. I caught that one off the midnight lump in the gulf. I really want to catch a monster bluefin

Thanks. If you want a big bluefin head to oregon inlet in the OBX March-April. They are wrapping up their season now. Bluefin fishing in the OBX blows away the fishery they have in new england. The day that picture is from we had 11 bites and got nine to the boat in 4 hours of fishing. That was our smallest fish of the day and the only legal one we caught (72" on the nose).

Weightlifting and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Finding and listening to new bands and all different types of music.

Chillin' out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back