Watch this space?

Ivan, is that the one, if so I'll screen shot it.....

Whole west coast,Kevin..

I can send archival digital...
But JFYI... most are available in EDU archives... as well as LOC archives online... just at your fingertips...
BUT...
I have a couple they don't. :)

With some serious searches of EDU's you can find a lot...
Miami's is great... but you cannot save em.

Is there a thread where maps are posted? It sure would be helpful. I know some are very guarded, & rare,
but it would help the rest of the members.

SADS, I need a map of where a treasure ship sank in the area of Port Charlotte to Tampa, in 45' of water or less, one that nobody else knows about and has not been looted. It would be nice if it's not buried too deep, and is mostly gold bars.

Please send it via PM so we don't have to share it with these other stalwarts of the sea.

Thank you from your new best friend. GIB

Here's one of my favorites. I just need SADS to mark the spot where the gold bars are for me...

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.05.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.05.51 PM.png

Ivan, Still want me to try for it??

Last edited:
Ivan...

https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/de...Canaal_van_Bahama_vertoonde_t/Van Keulen.html

OR...

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...eurige_Afteekening_vant_Canaal_van_Bahama.png

OR...

https://www.battlemaps.us/caribbean-1722-cuba-florida-bahamas-cayman-islands-keulen-sea-chart/

The actual "title" find for this map should you go to the LOC's Arc's...or some edu searches... try this as wel...

Nieuwe en Naeukeurige Afteekening vant Canaal van Bahama vertoonde 't geheele Eyland Cuba de Noordkust van Espaniola als mede de Zuydkust van Florida

Last edited:
The treasure map is in itself the treasure.

Who wouldda ever thunk it...

My Nephew is a British library aficionado and he has us booked in and we'll have ID with us.

Thanks for looking out for us Darren!! Going to the Greenwich library room in the afternoon, great research day......

Will do John, upper or lower??

Kevin, The area off Stump Pass in Englewood, Wiggins Pass off Bonita Beach and just offshore of Ft. Myers or anything interesting in between.
Thanks

from the 1728 Dutch map of Gerard Van Keulen----in dutch "Hier is de Silvre Vloot gebleven Ao. 1715 " * --- Ao. is anno deo --year of our lord 1715**

translation --- here are the silver fleet remains -year of 1715 * a wrecksite location not where the main 1715 fleet wreck site is at but north of it somewhat close to St Augustine--- -- maybe 1 of the 2 missing Echeverz vessels ? -- (The Conception was thought to be lost near the cape ) , so that leaves the San Miguel (tobacco) or the EL Ciervo maybe? in salmon's letter of sept 20, 1715 he said --of the two galleons (vessels from Echeverz fleet were called "galleons de terra firme ) there is little doubt but that they sank upon the high sea , because wreckage of a large vessel or vessels was found on the north shore of St Augustine..

please note this map was made a mere 13 years after the event , when lots of folks that were there when it occurred were still alive...and their memories still strong..plus many people were "fishing for treasure" for many years afterward and the dutch were famous for raiding Spanish ships and fishing for treasure with ropes and iron hooks at spanish treasure wreck sites

Last edited:
always be nice to those that can be of help to you * aka the------ never bite the hand that feeds you --rule...

I am taking huge conch shells in as gifts and I have been practicing fluttering my eyelashes all week...

Oh god !
You are going in library wearing nothing more than 2 conch shells ?

Welp... this could go both ways :P

Dads... errr I mean Sads... what happened to the Pink Spandex outfit you were gonna wear ?

Where's the flowers ?... ?

Pleasse... don't show them your "conch" :P

Last edited:
Blah... Nevermind...
did not come out right...
I am looking for something in particular anyway... and I am beating round the bush without actually saying what.
:P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back