Videos I have done showing how which channel used per max freq used can affect Deus 2 ops. Watch all these videos.

Watch both of these. They are related to one another. For better understanding. Note my comment in first video here.

You and your wood on foam boxes.
Another nothing useful video.
Maybe one day you might show some digging in actual dirt.

To pepperj..I would suggest you pay attention to tnss. I've been TH ing for over 50 years and have learned a lot from him.. The trick to getting serious about hunting is to learn every little detail about the machine you're using .Suggestions should always be welcome especially from people who help in developing them..I'm not a johnny come lately as I'm on my 20th detector since 1976. Been all over the world with them..Please dont consider this a slap down ,as it's not intended.. Just some friendly advise..

To pepperj..I would suggest you pay attention to tnss. I've been TH ing for over 50 years and have learned a lot from him.. The trick to getting serious about hunting is to learn every little detail about the machine you're using .Suggestions should always be welcome especially from people who help in developing them..I'm not a johnny come lately as I'm on my 20th detector since 1976. Been all over the world with them..Please dont consider this a slap down ,as it's not intended.. Just some friendly advise..
Well you may follower of blocks of wood and foam box techniques.

I loaded his programs and they were $hit, totally useless. Wasted a good amount of time.
Oh let me correct that statement.
If your into finding square nails, oh ya the program was a winner.

I'm just old school type of detecting dig actual dirt at a site.

Been digging longer than you sir.

I have a rule with myself.
1000 hrs of detecting on the machine before I get to know it.

Bought the best White's, Minelabs, Deus detectors.

But I am still learning new tricks that actually work.

Not from artificially manipulating control functions over a silly set up.

So let's get real and dig at an actual site.
No set up can mirror a site where many factors can play apon the functions of what a person may encounter.

OBTW
Your under 50yrs of detecting.
Your own words:

"Hi.. I'm looking for someone close to Middleburg area. I've been th,ing since 1976 and have..."

Also in a post introducing yourself:
"and I haven't gotten out in years"

Though you don't post up much it seems. Though you seem to be getting out, or at least trying to know the D2.
I myself have had it for 2 yrs. So my machine and me are still getting acquainted.

Best if luck digging.

"People that paid for the Stupid Ass Machine."🤣

Now you were actually trying to be serious out there in the dark?

Some rambling on in the dark about the Deus 1 HF coil?

Well if you call it that (SAM), and folks believe what you say, best of luck to you and the square foam boxers out there.

You are the gift that keeps on giving.
With this next thread I start here.
You’ll see the value with this foam. Hmm

I’m confident that we can agree that the compositional nature of the soil or sand over which we detect has an impact on how the detector reacts…be that soil mineralized to varying degrees, contaminated by a foreign substance, wet or dry etc.

I’ve tested many detectors over the years for a major retailer and found that the same detector hitting the exact same target reacts somewhat differently if the environmental conditions are varied. So what did all this tell me? In order to obtain the most reliable results from testing, one should test under the same conditions in which you will be hunting or do so in as close to the same conditions as is possible. Example; if you will be hunting in highly mineralized wet soil, it would not be advisable to conduct your test in mild, dry soil. If I want to see how the detector reacts to a gold ring on a wet salt water beach where I’ll be hunting tomorrow, I wouldn’t place much credence in a test that was conducted today in mild dry soil. Made obvious sense to me.

In my past life, the Army had a simple phrase to describe the above…”Train as you fight.”

Just the view from my foxhole…..

I’m confident that we can agree that the compositional nature of the soil or sand over which we detect has an impact on how the detector reacts…be that soil mineralized to varying degrees, contaminated by a foreign substance, wet or dry etc.

I’ve tested many detectors over the years for a major retailer and found that the same detector hitting the exact same target reacts somewhat differently if the environmental conditions are varied. So what did all this tell me? In order to obtain the most reliable results from testing, one should test under the same conditions in which you will be hunting or do so in as close to the same conditions as is possible. Example; if you will be hunting in highly mineralized wet soil, it would not be advisable to conduct your test in mild, dry soil. If I want to see how the detector reacts to a gold ring on a wet salt water beach where I’ll be hunting tomorrow, I wouldn’t place much credence in a test that was conducted today in mild dry soil. Made obvious sense to me.

In my past life, the Army had a simple phrase to describe the above…”Train as you fight.”

Just the view from my foxhole…..

As far as salt affecting a detector. Yes good does to look at on salt beach.
For soil.
Hmm.
Even saw the soil make a detector perform better than air? I haven’t.
Would we expect to see better performance on same in the ground target scenarios vs air? Hmm.
So what I am saying a detector test is winning compared to itself with air has a better chance of winning when dirt is introduced (buried un disturbed).
The dirt is not going to change the electrical setup (parameters set by engineers with settings) inside the detector is it? Of course not.

I've had many detectors (mostly Minelab models) that performed much better (as in deeper) in virgin soil than an air test. Even test gardens aren't a true, real life test, although they can give you a better idea over an air test. I remember having one detector (I'm trying to remember which one it was now) that was great on an air test, and was almost worthless in moist ground. Had it a week before getting rid of it.

I've had many detectors (mostly Minelab models) that performed much better (as in deeper) in virgin soil than an air test. Even test gardens aren't a true, real life test, although they can give you a better idea over an air test. I remember having one detector (I'm trying to remember which one it was now) that was great on an air test, and was almost worthless in moist ground. Had it a week before getting rid of it.
Second that on the air.
Taller grass, fluffy soils, the Minelabs sucked.

Even the Deus mirrors the Minelabs (though better)detect target, dig hole, target disappeared, pin pointer can't detect it yet, dig deeper and it's there.
Air between the coil and target that's in the bottom still.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back