THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

970fa2649587602a1cc7ce27ae433899.jpg

What a day....I will never forget 911 for many reasons....most of all the obvious terrorist attack on the trade towers, but for me....even closer to home was hurricane Irma....years later on the same date !! Waking bolt upright at 2 AM to absolute silence!! After many hours of cat 4 hurricane winds, it was surreal to sit in the wreckage of my house in absolute silence.....occasionally a weekend tree brach, or part of a home would shift and fall shattering the silence 🔕 !! The faint scratching of land crabs 🦀 scurrying around my living room. Water dripping behind my wall from sheared pipes. But most of all....the silence of destruction and aftermath. I just remember crying for about 5 minutes in the broken bones of my home....the feeling was like having a friend badly injured in an accident 💔 only the friend was my home....injured and battered, but still proudly standing. The trauma sticks with us, and at the time I didn't know it would still be with me, and could easily be remembered if you want !! I will work alone in my wood shop in my own silence and reflection today !! I will try and remember the island how it was before Irma, and how far we've come since....along with the national tragedy of 911 !!

.....occasionally a weekend tree brach, or part of a home would shift and fall shattering the silence 🔕 !! The faint scratching of land crabs 🦀 scurrying around my living room. Water dripping behind my wall from sheared pipes. But most of all....the silence of destruction and aftermath.
Reminds me of my first college apartment.

Levity aside, I think anyone who's lost everything in a disaster can commiserate. We only lost some trees in the ice storm of '91, but I had an aunt who lost everything TWICE in total-loss apartment fires.

It wouldn't surprise me if such disasters result in PTSD for some/many.

I remember where I was on 9/11; about 15 feet from where I'm sitting now, watching in abject horror & disbelief as events unfolded. Same with Waco. 😔

Evening all, back from another work trip!! They call them Engagement days… i call them hell 🙄… today we had to share how we ensure we plan our days, and ensure we have regular breaks… i of course told them about Mr Woo and his demands for attention… (cooing and head bobbing)…well i only went and won first prize for the most unusual break time….

Now what may u ask was the prize…. A flippin tomato shaped timer 🤔🙄… yay!!!

Hope u have all had a better day 😂 xx

So glad ur back home Peps, that makes me very happy xx 💕

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back