✅ SOLVED Thin, stamped whatsit?

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anybody ever seen one of these or have any ideas what it may be? It was found with detector on old northeast Texas homesite. Very thin and lightweight, non-magnetic, maybe aluminum or copper. It appears to have been either painted silver, or silver plated. Thanks for looking. IMGP3910 - Copy.JPGIMGP3909.JPG

It is a piece of Art Nouveau jewelery, necklace probably

Upvote 0
Part of a sash buckle??

Tim

Upvote 0
Neat find Ken. I love the decorative pieces from that era. Here are a few I've dug over the years too.
-MM-

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 121
  • index.php.jpg
    index.php.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 114
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 114
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm thinking it's Victorian era. I dug it at this early 1900's house:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/367620-sash-buckle-oval-heart-stopper.html

-MM-

It's a nice piece... Out of the 4 you have the first one is the oldest - At least 1830s-1850s (probably 1840ish) it could date later but - i would put my money it dates early Victorian or mid Victorian period... the 3rd looks like it could be late Victorian period or even slightly into the mid Victorian period.. The other two look to be early 1900ish.. Just my two cents, i collect and dig lot of decorative pieces so i try and always put a date on things! kewl finds..

Also i said it could be 1820s era - because there are examples of decorative pieces made in Europe from the 1800-1820s that look very similar to the first one you have!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Neat find Ken. I love the decorative pieces from that era. Here are a few I've dug over the years too.
-MM-

Beautiful finds, MM. I love that top-right item. What do think the base metal is? I find many things that have gone to that reddish color. Yours appears to be heavier and thicker than what I found.

Upvote 0
Beautiful finds, MM. I love that top-right item. What do think the base metal is? I find many things that have gone to that reddish color. Yours appears to be heavier and thicker than what I found.

Thanks Ken. I'm pretty sure all mine are copper.
-Doug-

Upvote 0
It's a nice piece... Out of the 4 you have the first one is the oldest - At least 1830s-1850s (probably 1840ish) it could date later but - i would put my money it dates early Victorian or mid Victorian period... the 3rd looks like it could be late Victorian period or even slightly into the mid Victorian period.. The other two look to be early 1900ish.. Just my two cents, i collect and dig lot of decorative pieces so i try and always put a date on things! kewl finds..

Also i said it could be 1820s era - because there are examples of decorative pieces made in Europe from the 1800-1820s that look very similar to the first one you have!

That would be awesome it is were earlier 1800's. :thumbsup: It does look a lot older than the other pieces. Now that I think of it I need to get back over there. I never finished detecting the large side yard at that place. I was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes when I detected it. It's in the 30's here today so they should be gone now. :tongue3:
Thanks for the great info!
-Doug-

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back