THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Afternoon pirates xx hope ur all good nd everything is under control 😆 xx

Nights are drawing in here now.. and im still waiting for summer to start 😂 xx ahh well maybe next year!! xx
Summer? What... you "across the pond" or something? :laughing7:

This was more my speed and what I grew up playing.

View attachment 2175169
Gibson...circa 1899

Also played the Dobro, a triple decker steel guitar, various acoustic type guitars, a harmonica, piano, organ, and a kazoo. (Not all at the same time mind you. 😏)

Any other musically inclined folks here?
Guitar and drums. Played in rock bands most of my life.

Got my first ox knob today.

Attachments

• 22Oct2024 #1.jpeg
    22Oct2024 #1.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 6
This was more my speed and what I grew up playing.

View attachment 2175169
Gibson...circa 1899

Also played the Dobro, a triple decker steel guitar, various acoustic type guitars, a harmonica, piano, organ, and a kazoo. (Not all at the same time mind you. 😏)

Any other musically inclined folks here?
I played an acoustic guitar for years when I was younger. Not a picker, but around a camp fire or at a party I could chord play all the songs eveyone knew & we would all sing. It was fun. Some time years ago I put it down & now I haven't played in years.

Last edited:
Good morning! Hope you are all well xx

Had a look at the maps again last night… given the Shooters now seem to be invading ‘our’ fields on Saturdays 🙄… have found 3 new fields in the middle of villages… now it’s up to himself to investigate their status! We have 15,000 acres … but some of it has tenants… so need to check with them before we start digging! But could be good fields as they are inside the villages 😆…

Don’t know if you saw the news of the Chew Valley Hoard… 2,528 coins from the 11th Century were found in 2019…. Valued at £4.3 Million 🤯… ! xx

Mornin all.
Rough week.

And in the process my phone ended up where I wasn't and it's sim card pulled and the phone smashed. Damned vultures...

Got the plow truck home after multiple issues and running rough at idle still. Mechanic before I left his shop said cleaning the airflow sensor might help.
I had the brake cleaner ready but after fishing a dried insect out of it, the truck idles like silk. Vs previous keg of nails in a washing machine sound and stalling.

Leaf colors probably peaked . Maples competing to drop leaves now and enough to stay busy picking them Up. Which I'm not doing yet..
Waiting on phone to be delivered and then another road trip to corporate phone service office.
Covered a lot of miles yesterday despite body not being willing. A great run though.
Lots of swamp /low ground and decay of decades of former homesteads and summer places.
Not sure why the extended range of decay. Whether economic or just outdated homes buildings and properties. Or decline in recreation driving more folks to cities?

Stopped my first time at an Amish store Dad used to visit.
Being a gas pressured appliance fan, was delighted to see some piped in gas mantle lighting but only one burning. With naked mantles broke on others. No I didn't ask about the system.

Ah well. It's Oct..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back