Hurricane Milton Thread

That is an interesting & sobering video. Which hurricane did it happen in? I didn't think Milton hit Ft. Myers that bad. It very well could have.
Not sure actually.
I reposted it from a current batch of video clips.
But then again it could be Old.

I would hazard a guess that it was Hurricane Ian back in 2022. It hit Ft Myers and tore it apart. Wind and major flood damage.
I was going to say Ian, but I wasn't sure.
Either way it really shows the effects of a surge.

Screenshot_20241012_172525_Samsung Internet.jpg

My brother Roger that lives in SprinHill Fl Said they maybe got 60 or so MPH winds . he lives about 30 miles NE of tamps. Very little damage to the trees around him

Center of Milton passed 37 miles south of my house as a strong Cat 1. Usually when you are in the NW quadrant the back side of hurricane is weaker, not on Milton. We had constant 75-80 mph for hours after the center had passed us.

The airport in Melbourne had a few 90 mph gusts. I live about 4-5 miles directly east on the barrier island. We had minimal damage in the area. Everything looked like a tossed salad though. Mostly old fences, tree limbs, & a few shingles were the bulk of the damage. I consider us lucky. We did prepare, but we never even lost power.

T_H glad you and family are safe. I hope no one down there were injured but i think some died :(

St Petersburg here. We evacuated to Ocala the wednesday it hit because we weren't going to even attempt to ride this one out. Good thing we did. Some of the tv stations said the gusts got to 150 as Milton made landfall in Bradenton and near by areas.
We returned to find a 60 ft tall slash pine resting on our house along with a 40 ft rain tree laying across the front yard, oak branches and brush everywhere.
We had no power for 5 and a half days except for sparing use of our generator. For 3 days gasoline was pretty much unavailable or you had to wait in lines sometimes to find out the station was out of gas. Let's say that was a wake up to a lot of folks.

Put St Petersburg Beach Damage in your browswer, do the same with Treasure Island Damage, check out Tropicana Field and remember there are about 1.3 million people on this peninsula going thru the same thing.
Now there's also a problem with flesh eating bacteria due to sewerage system shut downs and people just having to get out and be a nuciance to the first responders.
We're hoping to have the trees removed by the end of this week and praying it doesn't rain before I can get on the roof and tarp any holes up.
THere are also a lot of people suffering from PTSD at present, if you can donate to any food banks or help organizations please do.
Thanks

St Petersburg here. We evacuated to Ocala the wednesday it hit because we weren't going to even attempt to ride this one out. Good thing we did. Some of the tv stations said the gusts got to 150 as Milton made landfall in Bradenton and near by areas.
We returned to find a 60 ft tall slash pine resting on our house along with a 40 ft rain tree laying across the front yard, oak branches and brush everywhere.
We had no power for 5 and a half days except for sparing use of our generator. For 3 days gasoline was pretty much unavailable or you had to wait in lines sometimes to find out the station was out of gas. Let's say that was a wake up to a lot of folks.

Put St Petersburg Beach Damage in your browswer, do the same with Treasure Island Damage, check out Tropicana Field and remember there are about 1.3 million people on this peninsula going thru the same thing.
Now there's also a problem with flesh eating bacteria due to sewerage system shut downs and people just having to get out and be a nuciance to the first responders.
We're hoping to have the trees removed by the end of this week and praying it doesn't rain before I can get on the roof and tarp any holes up.
THere are also a lot of people suffering from PTSD at present, if you can donate to any food banks or help organizations please do.
Thanks
I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that. It is good you were not harmed. Living here in Florida does have its moments!

Thanks
Dave, really sorry to hear about your home, I hope it didn't totally destroy your home.

My brother lives in N. Tampa close to Leto H.S, he had several inches of standing water in his home from local flooding, but luckily no tree damage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back