THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

1719427206776.png

I'm late to the deck again.... Slept in this morning and jumped right into chores and whatnot. Got almost an inch of rain this morning and some pretty good wind. Nothing damaged here but others around town had limbs and trees down.

Eyeball found a "diamond" dog tag out by the road, and a handful of clad at the coinstar. Really thought I had a silver dime, but turned out to just be a really badly worn clad one. Also found a couple of little "badges" in a box of stuff I had forgotten I found years ago. Does anyone recognize them? (The star looks like it would be a military collar pin but the back looks more like a wire brad than a pin stud.)

IMG_5060.jpeg IMG_5061.jpeg
IMG_5062.jpeg IMG_5065.jpeg IMG_5066.jpeg

Edit: Answering the question. Some research says the badge is the emblem of the 5th Engineering Battalion of the US Army, and the star is an Army collar pin.

Last edited:
So this guy was sitting along the waters edge one day thinking.
He was trying to come up with a character for this computer game.

Yes it was a Lilly pad that inspired him, the rest is history.
20240626_135820.jpg

Thought I had a win-win day yesterday.
First I get a call from the dealer regarding the passenger seat on the side by side.
Mechanic will be there in 45 minutes to replace the seat.
I get a call back from the repair shop regarding the dehumidifier.
No problem we ordered a new one for a warranty replacement for the warranty replacement from 11 months ago. ($450 and I'm thinking about the quality)
So my step is light, chest is filled with wins.
10pm dishwasher intake drain light came on-oh well. Should be a easy fix this morning.

Thought I had a win-win day yesterday.
First I get a call from the dealer regarding the passenger seat on the side by side.
Mechanic will be there in 45 minutes to replace the seat.
I get a call back from the repair shop regarding the dehumidifier.
No problem we ordered a new one for a warranty replacement for the warranty replacement from 11 months ago. ($450 and I'm thinking about the quality)
So my step is light, chest is filled with wins.
10pm dishwasher intake drain light came on-oh well. Should be a easy fix this morning.
Well that was too easy.
I'm going to just wait to see what will go sideways this morning. 🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back