THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

G-night simon !

Good morning all.

A song for you....kind of like our isolation mode "you can check in but you can never leave"...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Mornin all.
Snow here too.
Nothin worth shoveling.
I might pass on yard work today.

Went out to hunting property for a look see.
Last falls clover planting is trying. That's great.

Found a earth anchor (auger bit/flight on bottom in soil and eye on about a three foot length of round stock) some concrete blocks like thick patio blocks.
In the alder "sanctuary" for deer area.
Wrestled the anchor out , got it to the truck and that was enough labor for a day.
Alders have grown to where getting a tractor in there won't do to recover the blocks.
Thinking looong rope and a sled might snake the out.
I'd brush hogged near the spot four years ago.
Hitting that steel anchor would have been about as fun as the ten pound rock I ran over....

Heirloom garden seeds are getting harder to find online.
Sources been getting slammed with orders.
I located some while debating hitting the farm store. Don't want to go to the store.....And last time as few seeds they had I'm not too optimistic of their stock.

Don't want to fight the sand here , but do have a few years of decomposing leaves in a pile with now richer earth below. Dug some out for patching the dirt drive and it's looking good.
Not really compost , but close enough to put on top of sand...When /if I choose a spot to fence. (Second hand fencing and posts that was going to be used to protect trees on the hunting property).

Morning bart Bill and RR. IM RUNNING A BIT LATE. HAD to run to the village to get supplies.

We are getting ready for another ROUGH Easter weekend. Forecasters are call it a cat. 4 System already and could go to a 5. That means long running tornadoes not the up and down kind. Back in 2014 in think it was a small town 8 miles from me was wiped out. The red paint from a Chevy truck is still on the water supply tank. Football jerseys from the school were found in Georgia and Alabama. I live in Mississippi. A picture of a friend of mine had a man in Georgia call him and said he had a picture of him and his race car that he found in his front yard. It had the phone number on the car. Buckle up folks. It might be a wild ride.

We are getting ready for another ROUGH Easter weekend. Forecasters are call it a cat. 4 System already and could go to a 5. That means long running tornadoes not the up and down kind. Back in 2014 in think it was a small town 8 miles from me was wiped out. The red paint from a Chevy truck is still on the water supply tank. Football jerseys from the school were found in Georgia and Alabama. I live in Mississippi. A picture of a friend of mine had a man in Georgia call him and said he had a picture of him and his race car that he found in his front yard. It had the phone number on the car. Buckle up folks. It might be a wild ride.

Yikes!

You got a place to get under the weather if you have to?

You know that goat fence I worked all summer on? GONE! all gone!

I didn't hear anything on the news about a hurricane rook, where's it at?

Yikes!

You got a place to get under the weather if you have to?

Yes
We have a shelter we can get in. After the Smithville storm the county was granted federal money. I got a shelter then.
I was going to say, the turf was even pulled up in that storm. It was a doozie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back