THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

So we have had some mad weather here too, though not as crazy as you guys there. But lots of strong winds and rain. We managed a walk today between showers. Our local kangaroo mum and Joey, remember the one from weeks ago from a photo, were out feeding. The joey exited quick behind the tree, but the mother stuck around and let me get close. She needed a blow dry from the rain but was chill to be video'd.

I looked at that for about a minute, not moving and I can't recall blinking either, just trying to process that culinary abomination! 😵‍💫
Surely it's a bear and skunk repellent right?
A bear would probably be quite delighted in eating it down.

Good morning all. Another long month draws to a close. The hot and dry weather has the trees dropping leaves like it's fall already. Which it will be soon, but still. Hot, dry, and humid. Makes even the lightest outdoor work a very sweaty endeavor.

Good morning everyone, have a great weekend. :coffee2:
Screenshot_20240830-055026_Photos.jpg

Man....I'm truly blessed....flying around on treasure hunting missions !! How many people do this for a living....I'm one of a lucky few !! It's taken a long time for everyone around me to support my crazy missions !! Here we go !! Time to get 50-60 more gold coins !! Wooooo hoooo !

To be honest....I was not at sea....I was at the dock on board the boat. There was to intense of lighting to try and make a run for it !! Was like a Ukrainian war zone with artillery crashing in....only it was mother nature and the lighting. You can get juiced on these boats with the tall tuna towers.....one time we got hit, and we didn't know it till the TV made some smoke !! Standing out side in it is a no no !! White squall !!
Wow Bart, it can always be an adventure when your on the water eh?. Reminds me of a day long ago fishing just off the beach here in NC.
Memorial Day weekend I believe, and out with (ex) wife and brother in law, trolling in our small center console. We were hearing on weather radio that an inland storm front was approaching at quite a distance away, therefore we weren't too concerned. Nor were all the other boaters. Being close to the inlet I for sure thought we had plenty of time to make it back to shore safely but also not realizing this thing was approaching that fast. Once the clouds started building in the distance, we headed in but obviously not soon enough. The sky turned that ominous green, boiling and swirling in all directions we throttled up.
The chaos then began. Rain was falling in buckets, no visibility, and filling up the boat faster then the bilge could pump. Again it was a holiday weekend, so crowded with boaters. All you could hear were engines roaring past you but could not see them. I pulled the plug to drain the water, bow up and slow cruise. The brother in law was freaking out praying Hail Marys :laughing7: and I had to slap him out of it to man up....
A few minutes past, rain subsided enough so to regain visibility, I headed straight to the nearest dock. It was a marina with open slips. Right as we pulled up, CRACK of a lightening bolt, as though it wasn't the first of them through the ordeal. We ran safely inside with other startled boaters. "MAN are you guys ok" nervously said one of the gentlemen inside. I said "yeah just wet and glad to be out of that mess." He remarked with eyes so wide opened because that "CRACK" of the lightening bolt we heard had hit the pylon just next to us while tying up. Yep, the craziest 30 minutes of a storm I wan't to be part of ever again.
Turned out to be the most reported rescues by coast guard in one day.
🤦‍♂️

I've got alot to look at, and a few big missions...scouting for "Brave wilderness" team, and planning a bigger mission later in the year !! I fish here alot, and come a couple times a year. Just the step off point for the out islands of southern Bahamas. Limited time, so going for the big stuff right away !!....I have 6 days to make something happen.

Wow Bart, it can always be an adventure when your on the water eh?. Reminds me of a day long ago fishing just off the beach here in NC.
Memorial Day weekend I believe, and out with (ex) wife and brother in law, trolling in our small center console. We were hearing on weather radio that an inland storm front was approaching at quite a distance away, therefore we weren't too concerned. Nor were all the other boaters. Being close to the inlet I for sure thought we had plenty of time to make it back to shore safely but also not realizing this thing was approaching that fast. Once the clouds started building in the distance, we headed in but obviously not soon enough. The sky turned that ominous green, boiling and swirling in all directions we throttled up.
The chaos then began. Rain was falling in buckets, no visibility, and filling up the boat faster then the bilge could pump. Again it was a holiday weekend, so crowded with boaters. All you could hear were engines roaring past you but could not see them. I pulled the plug to drain the water, bow up and slow cruise. The brother in law was freaking out praying Hail Marys :laughing7: and I had to slap him out of it to man up....
A few minutes past, rain subsided enough so to regain visibility, I headed straight to the nearest dock. It was a marina with open slips. Right as we pulled up, CRACK of a lightening bolt, as though it wasn't the first of them through the ordeal. We ran safely inside with other startled boaters. "MAN are you guys ok" nervously said one of the gentlemen inside. I said "yeah just wet and glad to be out of that mess." He remarked with eyes so wide opened because that "CRACK" of the lightening bolt we heard had hit the pylon just next to us while tying up. Yep, the craziest 30 minutes of a storm I wan't to be part of ever again.
Turned out to be the most reported rescues by coast guard in one day.
🤦‍♂️
You never know when that bolt is gonna get ya....sounds like one for the record books !!

View attachment 2166371I fly to .... get this...."dead man's cay".... far Bahamian out islands !!
Doesn't look too busy.
The figure standing under B9 on the sign is in all white. Except the backpack.
Good in sun and heat I guess.
But interesting indoors looking to head towards the sky. (Unless deboarding a craft.)

Leaving on a flight /"Stairway to heaven"?
Let's go with just got off one?
L.o.l.

I've got alot to look at, and a few big missions...scouting for "Brave wilderness" team, and planning a bigger mission later in the year !! I fish here alot, and come a couple times a year. Just the step off point for the out islands of southern Bahamas. Limited time, so going for the big stuff right away !!....I have 6 days to make something happen.
Be safe.
watch your 6.
And don't ignore the peripherals.

Good hunting to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back