THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well...I sure wanted to take Bama Steve and his wife to the sandbar yesterday....I out ran a giant storm getting to him, and then all hell broke loose. We got 2-3 inches real quick....so much rain my boat almost sunk !! Sorry Steve, but it's not looking any better right now this morning. I would sure try again if the weather gives us a break !! I ran home in a light rain at 50mph.... stinging little rain drops !!

Something happened with thread last night i assume...
Chilli mentioned it in Jeff's thread...
Now... i happened upon some old pages where i am finding pages where the likes were intermittent.
Dont remember if it was already that way or ?
This thread was gone and when I for a minute couldn't remember the title of it, the general chat pirates thread 😆, I checked my alerts to refresh my head like a sieve memory and the alerts were gone too.

I'm leaving out on a big treasure/ambergris hunt on the 31st. I'll be over to see SADS 669 who I met through t-net. We have had some great success together treasure hunting, and become pretty good friends !! Have Bahamian, and Canadian ambergris buyers, and a Bahamian friend who also ambergris hunts. I'll be detecting loyalist ruins from 1780s-1830s, checking out some new shipwrecks, checking a couple old remote islets, looking for more Spanish and Portuguese gold coins, and ambergris hunting the remote beaches and cliffs !! At the same time I'll be filming and scouting for coyote Peterson, and "Brave Wilderness" for some Hollywood filming sites, new discoveries, and possible story lines....an unofficial scout for film project, and some real treasure hunting !! Lots of multifaceted projects developing, and a big part of this trip is to test out logistics for an expanded treasure mission in the future. I've rented a room for very cheap with some awsome dig spots close by !! Got some mind blowing permissions to explore !! We will see how much I can get to in 6 days on site !! 100% of the time is for adventure and treasure hunting !! Woooo hooo !!

Nice day out but didn't really find anything of interest bar a mid 1900s Alka Seltzer bottle. Lovely area though. Lots of old metal stuff but very little glass.
Wanted to get back to an old hotel site but we've had rain every week nearly keeping the tracks bogged out for months.
Anyway, over at Inglewood.
View attachment 2165356
View attachment 2165361
View attachment 2165357
View attachment 2165354
View attachment 2165358
This left me scratching my head. There were several oblong excavations exactly the same size and shape with a gap between the several one side and several the other. What would have been there that they did this?
View attachment 2165359
Heres another view. Above is the left side, this below the right.
View attachment 2165362
Could of been the rough(s) along the fairway of an old golf course that some daft thinker built believing the movie theme: Field of Dreams "Build it and they'll come"
Except nobody did.

Good morning everyone. Thick offshore clouds this morning was hiding the sunrise. :coffee2:
Screenshot_20240824-074042_Photos.jpg

Yeah, on the Minelab PI detectors a lot like the external speakers. I tried them vs good 100ohm headphones. The very subtle threshold changes indicating a just able to be detected targets, rising threshold for small gold and dropping one for deep large bits were often non existent with the speaker. And if they were it only took a gust of wind, leaf rustles or cracking twig sounds to drown them out. Vlfs it is less of an issue and you could get away with lower ohm ones. I use Koss 100ohm UR29s. They have a straight lead and inline volume control. Minelab supplies UR30, exactly the same drivers but they have a curly lead and the lead doesn't last as long as the 29s. 29s are almost 50 bucks cheaper too. I still am using a pair that are 6 years old. Had them on my GPX 5000, Garrett 24k and still going on the Xterra. I used to go through a pair of Minelab 30s every 12 to 18 months.
UR29s
View attachment 2165347
30s
View attachment 2165346
On the White's detectors the only thing we used were high quality stereo headphones.
Then wth the Minelabs it's the Grey Ghost.
Deus l & ll its the wireless set ups that are made by Deus.
Haven't used the threshold on the Deus detectors.
Not sure if there is any benefit actually.
This piece was 4" deeper than the pin pointer.
20240823_163154.jpg

There's iron (bits of square nails) but I did hear this one on its edge.
20240823_170739.jpg

I had stop for the passing train, breeze blowing the trees, grass.
Headphones are a must have.

I'm leaving out on a big treasure/ambergris hunt on the 31st. I'll be over to see SADS 669 who I met through t-net. We have had some great success together treasure hunting, and become pretty good friends !! Have Bahamian, and Canadian ambergris buyers, and a Bahamian friend who also ambergris hunts. I'll be detecting loyalist ruins from 1780s-1830s, checking out some new shipwrecks, checking a couple old remote islets, looking for more Spanish and Portuguese gold coins, and ambergris hunting the remote beaches and cliffs !! At the same time I'll be filming and scouting for coyote Peterson, and "Brave Wilderness" for some Hollywood filming sites, new discoveries, and possible story lines....an unofficial scout for film project, and some real treasure hunting !! Lots of multifaceted projects developing, and a big part of this trip is to test out logistics for an expanded treasure mission in the future. I've rented a room for very cheap with some awsome dig spots close by !! Got some mind blowing permissions to explore !! We will see how much I can get to in 6 days on site !! 100% of the time is for adventure and treasure hunting !! Woooo hooo !!
This sounds exciting Bart going on a 6 day hunting/exploration trip.
Best of luck on getting another gold disk, or a few silver ones.:headbang:

This sounds exciting Bart going on a 6 day hunting/exploration trip.
Best of luck on getting another gold disk, or a few silver ones.:headbang:
Pre staged some equipment while I fished earlier this year....now I got to move some rocks 🪨 boulders. Then we look for more gold disks !!

Well...I sure wanted to take Bama Steve and his wife to the sandbar yesterday....I out ran a giant storm getting to him, and then all hell broke loose. We got 2-3 inches real quick....so much rain my boat almost sunk !! Sorry Steve, but it's not looking any better right now this morning. I would sure try again if the weather gives us a break !! I ran home in a light rain at 50mph.... stinging little rain drops !!
We certainly appreciated the effort but the weather just doesn’t seem to wanna cooperate. Really enjoyed the time it gave us to visit though!

You'll be in fine company with SADS. He's a generous treasure to others himself.

Hunt and travel safe!
Heres to getting some epic recoveries secured.

Had a great day out 'rock detecting' yesterday. Will post to Today's finds later when the sun comes out for pics.
In the mean time, a teaser:

Attachments

• IMG_7579.JPG
    IMG_7579.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back