THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

( Yes I'm repeating a topic. )
  • According to folk music historian Alan Lomax as documented in the book Folk Song USA, the Midnight Special was a real train: the Southern Pacific Golden Gate Limited. A traditional folk song, Leadbelly popularized it upon his release from Sugar Land prison in Texas, where he could hear the Midnight Special come through. In the song, the light of the train gives the inmates hope: if it shines on them they take it as a sign they will soon go free.

"Miss Rosie" has a vast description of a woman in that era. And even her demeanor (per apron position) of domestic duty time vs on her own time.
The umbrella mean it's raining? Not at all.

It was garbage day and recycling. So I got all the paper together. Then 2 trash.
Found out it was cans & glass week. 🤣
Well I'm ahead of the game for next week.

Today for some peculiar reason I decided to clean the truck out.
It was time to cut the grass in the back.
Took all the larger item out, and the smalls filled most of a large garbage can, too heavy to lift.
Pouch dumps from the past??while.
Filled a 3 gallon ice cream bucket with just smalls out of the 4 door pockets.
Will sort that later.
Now to vacuum it, and wipe the dash/counsel down.
Not too bad inside really.
I emptied it, then took the backpack leaf blower to clean 98% of the dirt and dust out.🤣

Decided to send it in to get the body work done.
Cheaper than getting another set if wheels.
2009 Tundra -130K

20240820_101450.jpg

Good morning easterners from (smokey) California.

About a month ago, on July 24, a fire was started by an idiot who torched a car then pushed it into a valley loaded with brush and trees. Of course a big fire started. How big? Currently, (yes, it's still going) the fire has consumed over 671 square MILES and destroyed hundreds of structures. To put this fire into perspective, consider the square mile areas of these Florida cities to the square miles this fire has (so far) consumed.

Location Square miles
The Park Fire 671
Tampa 175
Sarasota 26
Miami 36
Talla.... 98
Ft. Lauderdale 39
Total: 374 671

The total area of these cities is only 56% of The Park Fire area--so far.
And after nearly a month, The Park Fire is still only 53% contained.

Don in SoCal.
PS: The Park Fire is currently ONLY the fourth largest fire in California--stay tuned.
Sounds really bad. I wish you all well.

Good morning easterners from (smokey) California.

About a month ago, on July 24, a fire was started by an idiot who torched a car then pushed it into a valley loaded with brush and trees. Of course a big fire started. How big? Currently, (yes, it's still going) the fire has consumed over 671 square MILES and destroyed hundreds of structures. To put this fire into perspective, consider the square mile areas of these Florida cities to the square miles this fire has (so far) consumed.

Location Square miles
The Park Fire 671
Tampa 175
Sarasota 26
Miami 36
Talla.... 98
Ft. Lauderdale 39
Total: 374 671

The total area of these cities is only 56% of The Park Fire area--so far.
And after nearly a month, The Park Fire is still only 53% contained.

Don in SoCal.
PS: The Park Fire is currently ONLY the fourth largest fire in California--stay tuned.

I don’t suppose the burrowing owls feathers are fire retardent? That’s why the state stopped brush clearing and fire mitigation practices. Gotta protect the owls. Go figure wild fires would then become a major issue for the state of California when there’s fuel everywhere on the ground not allowed to be cleared. 🙈

I don’t suppose the burrowing owls feathers are fire retardent? That’s why the state stopped brush clearing and fire mitigation practices. Gotta protect the owls. Go figure wild fires would then become a major issue for the state of California when there’s fuel everywhere on the ground not allowed to be cleared. 🙈
Welcome to The Random Chat Thread

@Nwohseeker

It was garbage day and recycling. So I got all the paper together. Then 2 trash.

Took all the larger item out, and the smalls filled most of a large garbage can, too heavy to lift.
Will sort that later.
I emptied it, then took the backpack leaf blower to clean 98% of the dirt and dust out.🤣

2009 Tundra -130K

View attachment 2164912
Now a P.T.O. shield should probably be covering a P.T.O....

I cleaned part of one truck out by putting a bunch of stuff in the back of another truck.
So , out on hunting property to prune grass and weeds and Miscanthus growing up through ramp and brush growing over onto it.
But my pruners were in the other truck , of course.
I left a couple gouges in the ramp using a kukri and butcher knife I happened to have left in the truck. Knocked back the brush too.

Now a P.T.O. shield should probably be covering a P.T.O....

I cleaned part of one truck out by putting a bunch of stuff in the back of another truck.
So , out on hunting property to prune grass and weeds and Miscanthus growing up through ramp and brush growing over onto it.
But my pruners were in the other truck , of course.
I left a couple gouges in the ramp using a kukri and butcher knife I happened to have left in the truck. Knocked back the brush too.
Half of a shield is on the PTO.
Most of these are extra parts now.
Trying to find an auto body shop. 😫
Just do insurance jobs, not restoration.
Call another Repeat.....
Don't do any rust.
This is a weird world.
Buddy said drop a tree on it, then get it under insurance. 🤣
2 Jerry cans of gas $83.00
But the cost of living is low they said today.
I'm sure they live in another world than we do.

True story.
Long time (years) closed Chinese restaurant reopened this year.
We went there around lunchtime today returning from the auction house.
Upon our exit there is/was a sign near the door inside the restaurant with a picture of a black and white cat on it that states , Missing cat, Fluffy.

We were laughing outside. And wondering how long it has been posted.

True story.
Upon our exit there is/was a sign near the door inside the restaurant with a picture of a black and white cat on it that states , Missing cat, Fluffy.

If you start hacking up a hair ball......
Just saying 🤣

Will sort that later.

2009 Tundra -130K

View attachment 2164912
I have a sickness. Addicted to junk. I’m instantly looking through a picture like this for treasure.

True story.

Oh meow you’re pulling our legs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back