THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Found some old photos today. I knew a guy that owned these Tanks years ago.
They were operational too. They were not supposed to be and I never knew at the time. They were confiscated eventually. How on earth he got them nobody knew.
View attachment 2157314
If I recall correctly he had ammo for this and it was taken with the Tanks.
View attachment 2157315
The tanks look like Centurions, British made and those appear to have the original 20 pounder gun. I could be wrong. The Israelis used them, up gunned to the Vickers L/70 105mm. to excellent effect in 1973 on the Golan Heights. Sometime if you want to read about a real soldier, look up Lt. Col. Avigdor Kahalani, CO, 77th Tank Battalion. IDF. Or if you have a library near, see if they have a copy of The Heights of Courage: A Tank Leaders War on the Golan, by Kahalani. Excellent read.

The tanks look like Centurions, British made and those appear to have the original 20 pounder gun. I could be wrong. The Israelis used them, up gunned to the Vickers L/70 105mm. to excellent effect in 1973 on the Golan Heights. Sometime if you want to read about a real soldier, look up Lt. Col. Avigdor Kahalani, CO, 77th Tank Battalion. IDF. Or if you have a library near, see if they have a copy of The Heights of Courage: A Tank Leaders War on the Golan, by Kahalani. Excellent read.
That's interesting info thanks.

Went for a drive to see a good friend today. Great to catch up.
Dropped into the local big res before seeing him for a fish. No fish. This is just an arm of it as it has several.
Lovely place. Lake Eppalock near the Heathcote goldfields Victoria.
IMG_20240705_133410155~2.jpg

Good morning all.

We haven't seen the twins in a while, but their mama was in the yard last night raiding the apple tree with a couple of pretty good sized bucks not far behind.

IMG_5199.jpeg IMG_5234.jpeg IMG_5214.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpeg
    IMG_5144.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back