THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning everyone :hello::coffee2:
Screenshot_20240120_064233_Weather Network.jpg

To distill needs something to distill.
Why ruin a wine to condense it's alcohol volume? Or a beer to make whiskey/whisky?
I've made wine. Cognac is close enough to brandy...Both are former wine in my opinion.
If I had a bottle of wine I'd slap your hand for reaching towards it to put it in a distilling device.
If I had a swimming pool full of wine , I'd be more inclined to see it condensed.

for Bart to distill (careful , he has connections to major brewing operations) the volume of supplies required to supply a rum trade are substantial as the customer volume.
Hiding out on an island and bootlegging though...Would face the same challenges of elsewhere.
Covering your tracks (concealing a volume of and type of supplies and the operation itself) isn't easy.
Then there's the distribution if for distribution.
That'll disclose an operation quickly.

An acquaintance distills a bit for home use as a hobby.
I forget the legal allowance but his "still" is a tiny one.
I never knew him as a drinker of any kind but he seemed to like the academic process of making a stout beverage.
Been a brewing party before at a friends for beer making.
The sanitation required and time don't make it a portable ,interruption type activity. Meaning vulnerable.
And beer is step one towards a shine /whisky. (Vs whiskey.)
island choice water? In the Caribbean won't escape notice of exploitation unless really remote. Even then...
Raw materials? Select raw materials? in any decent volume and trying not to arouse suspicion?

There may be a reason a certain country (I'll not name it) is/was known to "bootleg" by corrupting already brewed brews.
Not unlike cutting whiskey/rum ect. with water is being a type of bootlegging/molesting the trade.
How far can I cut it till you notice? Now lets talk 100 gallons I cut.
Can "customers" notice a 5% difference in a 35-40% alcohol content?
I've made brandy and prefer it over wine any day. I'm also growing sugarcane to hopefully make rum someday.

Great video!
Yeah... I have always felt that is a true video of WHY the Stones were the stones.
I was never a Stones fan per say.... but i respected them highly.
That version of that song is absolutely perfectly done to a T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back