THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yeah nice and sunny, a tropical 5ā°c rn

Glad you can get back to detecting tho can't wait to see your finds
Gotta keep my silver streak up.. currently 4-0 to me so far this yearā€¦. (himself says he is heading back to his roman corner tomozā€¦but sunday we will both be in the same field šŸ˜¬ ā€¦ ) Xx

Gotta keep my silver streak up.. currently 4-0 to me so far this yearā€¦. (himself says he is heading back to his roman corner tomozā€¦but sunday we will both be in the same field šŸ˜¬ ā€¦ ) Xx
Totally not jealous of him, if love to get some Roman stuff on my collection not even fussy about what as long as it can be identified as Roman.

And 4 silvers already is awesome! Keep going find all the silver and golds!!

Totally not jealous of him, if love to get some Roman stuff on my collection not even fussy about what as long as it can be identified as Roman.

And 4 silvers already is awesome! Keep going find all the silver and golds!!
i dont no if you no, we have a genuine Roman road crossing our permission.. in Feb we are going to dig the grass off a section and see if we can find the actual surfaceā€¦ now thats is something Roman i can get excited about šŸ˜† ..!! xx

i dont no if you no, we have a genuine Roman road crossing our permission.. in Feb we are going to dig the grass off a section and see if we can find the actual surfaceā€¦ now thats is something Roman i can get excited about šŸ˜† ..!! xx
Omg that's awesome!!!!!

I hope you find that and some great artifacts too!!!!

Did lidar help show anything up?

And speaking of permissions, I'm trying to get one new permission right next to another one I have, in the 1800s map on the edge of my current permission there's what was labeled as a lane (road but not paved I presume)

If I'm right it's likely the landlord owns the field next to it as well so both sides of the alley Inc should be awesome.

I have found a possible Roman coin but it's so thick and green it's only speculation and a full crotal bell from the grass fields but the grass is so tall it's hard to detect effectively. Tho I'm sure it hasn't been detected before l so if I get permission for the field by it fingers crossed I can detect that, and it doesn't look planted either ATM

IMG_20240112_140706.jpg

Omg that's awesome!!!!!

I hope you find that and some great artifacts too!!!!

Did lidar help show anything up?

And speaking of permissions, I'm trying to get one new permission right next to another one I have, in the 1800s map on the edge of my current permission there's what was labeled as a lane (road but not paved I presume)

If I'm right it's likely the landlord owns the field next to it as well so both sides of the alley Inc should be awesome.

I have found a possible Roman coin but it's so thick and green it's only speculation and a full crotal bell from the grass fields but the grass is so tall it's hard to detect effectively. Tho I'm sure it hasn't been detected before l so if I get permission for the field by it fingers crossed I can detect that, and it doesn't look planted either ATM
This is its route across our permissionā€¦ (from yellow dot to yellow dotā€¦ we are going to dig the lings hill end.. as its never been farmedā€¦ part of an old hunting parkā€¦

It shows up on lidarā€¦ but u can actually see it once you know its there ā€¦! šŸ˜† xx

IMG_0906.jpeg

This is its route across our permissionā€¦ (from yellow dot to yellow dotā€¦ we are going to dig the lings hill end.. as its never been farmedā€¦ part of an old hunting parkā€¦

It shows up on lidarā€¦ but u can actually see it once you know its there ā€¦! šŸ˜† xx

View attachment 2125689
You didn't have to show a map, I don't care but it's probably for the best we don't share specific location info

And that's amazing, I love unframed or lightly farmed zones, I really wanna get on my dad's old family home as it sits right on the old riverbed where the ottoman armies marched.

I've tried detecting a little but it's completely overgrown except for animal tracks. Found an 1867 coin and some ox horseshoes

You didn't have to show a map, I don't care but it's probably for the best we don't share specific location info

And that's amazing, I love unframed or lightly farmed zones, I really wanna get on my dad's old family home as it sits right on the old riverbed where the ottoman armies marched.

I've tried detecting a little but it's completely overgrown except for animal tracks. Found an 1867 coin and some ox horseshoes
Its cool, all my posts have pictures which if people want can find the location they were takenā€¦šŸ˜†

Well u r in tbe best area for findsā€¦ we have to accept that buttons appear to have been the currency of choice across the centuries up here šŸ˜‚ xx

Its cool, all my posts have pictures which if people want can find the location they were takenā€¦šŸ˜†

Well u r in tbe best area for findsā€¦ we have to accept that buttons appear to have been the currency of choice across the centuries up here šŸ˜‚ xx
Maybe up by you, down here in Colchester it's silver hammered and Celtic gold apparently,

And on the 1800s it changes to flat buttons

Knowing where it was wouldn't get a person permission to hunt there. Not to mention a person wouldn't want an angry Blossom bringing the hammer down on them for claim jumping!

Knowing where it was wouldn't get a person permission to hunt there. Not to mention a person wouldn't want an angry Blossom bringing the hammer down on them for claim jumping!
Yes, blossom always has this kind but threatening aurora. In the words of Diego from Ice age " you have a way of saying thank you that makes it sound like drop dead "

I wouldn't want to upset her at all

But of course I wasn't referring to people who are getting permission for hunting, I'm sure blossom is the kind of person who'd rather share a permission with someone they can trust if they can recover more history from there.

Earlier I was reading about this https://www.wymondhamandattleboroug...hawkers-treasure-hunting-tasburgh-earthworks/

I hate seeing stuff like that. It's people like that who make it much harder for the rest of us.
Absolutely hate them with a passion, there's all of us trying to get stuff done right and then there's others who mess stuff up

And tbh sometimes even when we get permission the landlords don't want to deal with the museum so like I have a fair few finds that I've found examples of similar stuff on the PAS website.

Some are variants of stuff already posted but for example I have one clip that is different, from the over 1.5 million registered finds, the PAS only has 7 items like it as far as I can find, and none identical.

Really sucks that I'd love to have it recorded but can't because of the landlord, at least I can save the history.

Unfortunately to record with them you need a location of find within 10 metres or something like that so can't record it by say postcode or street name. Would be great if you could give a general location but not exact so unfortunately for now I can't log it because of the location requirements.

If that was lifted at least it would have helped with showing more examples of the things.

So upsetting when you find something not necessarily unique but just rare and even with permission to search you're just stuck with an object you can't log

The way I hunt is simple

#1 My job is deep sea fising guide. This job takes me to remote and forgotten parts of the bahamas, and carribean. I never know where i might go, but as the guide and fishing expert, my suggestions are taken very seriously by my bosses. This lets me suggest spots that i know also have opportunity for treasure, and other adventures.

#2 I always pack dive gear, and detectors as part of any adventures we go on....all the boats I work on will have a detector package onboard if I have any control of equipment. Often times weather is bad for fishing, and it's these other exploring and treasurehunting adventures that make those off days interesting for the guests.

#3 research, and this satellite šŸ›° exploring let me find points of interest for upcoming trips, and allow me to provision and prepare best. Obviously finding a shipwreck just before I go is exciting, but preparing to explore it provides challenges. It's far from my port, and I need transportation? That's why I got an electric scooter to pack on the boat so if I get the chance I can act on it with success......scooter down with snorkel gear, and check the wreck !! A back pack with snorkel gear, and metal detector and im off at 20+ mph to the spot !!

#4 established network of friends throughout the island is essential....the private property permission and land access is incredible if you have friends, and most of these remote spots are so far out that the people who own them have only seen some of the ruins a few times in there life...they almost always say go and check it out !! A simple car ride from a friend can make or break the hunt ..... gotta have friends !!
Oh shut up! :laughing7:
Bahamas, treasure, fishing, warm weather... Terrible.

I have been streaming my favorite show top gear as I'm a petrol head. I have learned that 0-60 is naught to 60. A Z28 is a zed 28. A word i used at goodwill today... pillock.
A gentleman's sausage is well... you Americans can figure that out...:laughing7:
It's rubbish! I say that a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back