THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20240113_102758.jpg

20240113_102816.jpg

Complete with winding tab....could also be a timer I guess ?

Doves? L.o.l..
I see you've a black squirrel there helping.

Watched woodpeckers and a flicker (? why a flicker would be around still escapes me) in the wind and heavy snowing work suet and return to bigger red oaks to hang on the leeward sides.
No jays. We don't put seed out.
A snowbird(?) frogged around a while. Similar to your lowest right side bird.
Her royal indoors reported chickadees yesterday not hitting suet.
They really dislike a wind though so I didn't see them while watching others later.
Oh they've trained the 🌶 well.
My feed budget was up to $8.00 a day. That's buying 50 lb sacks, mixing up the seeds and peanuts in a 20 cu.ft. freezer.
3 gallons a day habit in the migration periods.
The best record was 14 different species at one time.
Plus the Grey, Black, Red squirrels, and the Chipmunks.
I'm sure the nightlife is good also.
I figure more birds = less bugs, weed seed.

Got out for like 2 hours today, not much found but still enough to keep me going.

Musket ball and a bullet casing, it's a pretty large caliber, 20/25mm ?

One token that does need to be explored more as it may just be me but there seems to be very slight writing and maybe a small star on the edge?

As well as 2 buttons of course because an outing wouldn't be completed without them :)

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_172817.jpg
    IMG_20240113_172817.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Good afternoon pirates xx hope you have all had a good Saturday xx 🤗

im typing this with my jumper over my head… football style celebration… as I only went and found another hammered… and just for ships and giggles, got a quarter cut as well 😆…. Man I am on Fire 😆 xx

Thread 'Today’s Treasure…. 😎…'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasure.691976/

Good afternoon pirates xx hope you have all had a good Saturday xx 🤗

im typing this with my jumper over my head… football style celebration… as I only went and found another hammered… and just for ships and giggles, got a quarter cut as well 😆…. Man I am on Fire 😆 xx

Thread 'Today’s Treasure…. 😎…'an
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasure.691976/
Well thanks for an early post up.
Green lead-:laughing7::dontknow:

Well back to my shovelling white dirt-snow-heavy-yak!
The winds are crazy out there now!
Branches are hitting the windows/railing.
Now it's over-flag drooping-spoke too soon-just a directional change.

Should I try to clean this with a toothpick or leave as is?

Trying to identify it with no luck for now however there is still visible text under the buildup.

Center left you can see ⭐ A'R'? There's remains of letters all the way around

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_200433.jpg
    IMG_20240113_200433.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13

Trying to identify it with no luck for now however there is still visible text under the buildup.

Center left you can see ⭐ A'R'? There's remains of letters all the way around
How thick is it and the correct size.
Pictures are hard to determine size.

It's like this big copper you will know what it is, but many will go :dontknow:

RSCN1990.JPG

There's always a risk in cleaning something, but on the other hand, if you don't try, how will you know what it is? It does seem to have some markings around the edge. If it was mine, I'd try soaking in hot soapy water for a while and then see if a toothpick could coax some of the crud off. If that doesn't work, you have to decide if it's worth getting more aggressive.

How thick is it and the correct size.
Pictures are hard to determine size.

It's like this big copper you will know what it is, but many will go :dontknow:

View attachment 2125835
Smaller than a 5 pence.

And I already have a Colchester token :P from the same location I think

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_201517.jpg
    IMG_20240113_201517.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 10
There's always a risk in cleaning something, but on the other hand, if you don't try, how will you know what it is? It does seem to have some markings around the edge. If it was mine, I'd try soaking in hot soapy water for a while and then see if a toothpick could coax some of the crud off. If that doesn't work, you have to decide if it's worth getting more aggressive.
Yeah I'll give it a go

Just soaked it then used a toothpick and there's basically no change, it seems to fade the letters too so I'll leave it as it is for now then use the microscope at some point to read it
Soaking and washing is a tad different.
Soaking in HP for 10-30 minutes will take off the crud.
So how thick/thin is it?

Quite by chance i happened upon a much better way to connect the deus coil charging clip… rather than having the coil flat on the floor.. lift the coil up vertical to the stem.. its then much easier to connect the charging thingy … 🤯 … !!!! xx

Quite by chance i happened upon a much better way to connect the deus coil charging clip…
Nice.

I've often wondered why they didn't make the coil so you can just plug the charging cable straight into it instead of into that clamp thing. I'd have been happy to add an extra ounce to the coil weight to never have to mess with that clamp.

Nice.

I've often wondered why they didn't make the coil so you can just plug the charging cable straight into it instead of into that clamp thing. I'd have been happy to add an extra ounce to the coil weight to never have to mess with that clamp.
My charging clip on the D1 is more pliable than the D2.
No Loud Blue cuss words have ever been heard in the hamlet.
The house that's another one.
There are times when 🗡 thoughts have been directed at the engineering department.

Nice.

Honestly they couldnt of made both charging connections more difficult if they tried🙄.. whereas the pin pointer and head phones are both dreamy!! Sooo bizzare…!! 🤔 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back