THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

This might be worth a dollar.
View attachment 2123121
Starting to think it's a Medium 5.

Went through my junk bags from my recent outings so much change lol

Attachments

• b771d3b2-6571-4f9a-81de-503207437f4c.jpg
    b771d3b2-6571-4f9a-81de-503207437f4c.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Went to a party last night....good friends for years....open the cooler, and no alcohol. Looked around and realized no one else drinks alcohol anymore. So my wife snuck home and made drinks for us.....as we sipped our drinks I watched the political bickering start....there were some ugly back and forths....in the old days when this group all drank we never had this bickering. So in the middle of this crap, I winked at my frie d across the party, and bang !! We stepped out to do what everyone does in this situation.....we went for a walk and burned a Christmas joint !! By the time we got back all was right in the world again !!

Good morning and happy new year everyone.

Just a quick question, how can I identify some hammered coins? I have think 3 that I need to identify but I can't find anything matching.

The finds in the area are mostly 1500s at oldest by what I've identified so far.

Jetons, lead clothseals and clay smoking pipes litter the area there where I found most of my hammered coins

For example this one, I can't find a matching Elizabeth the 1st crown/portrait and can't see a Tudor rose either.

Attachments

• IMG_20231231_125934.jpg
    IMG_20231231_125934.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20231231_125913.jpg
    IMG_20231231_125913.jpg
    980.2 KB · Views: 13
You guys start early in the Midwest!!
I have bedding to wash and beds to make. Swab the decks, 4-1/2 baths to clean, bbq wings, veggie tray, cheese tray, western beans, walleye and perch to get ready for frying. Oh lawdy I have to get a shower and curl my hair, pick out an outfit, all while icing my neck, back and left foot periodically be cause I need to keep moving. Oh and the neighbors have to come get showers because they are roughing it. Nothing going on here. 🙃🤪

1704027900856.jpeg

Went to a party last night....good friends for years....open the cooler, and no alcohol. Looked around and realized no one else drinks alcohol anymore. So my wife snuck home and made drinks for us.....as we sipped our drinks I watched the political bickering start....there were some ugly back and forths....in the old days when this group all drank we never had this bickering. So in the middle of this crap, I winked at my frie d across the party, and bang !! We stepped out to do what everyone does in this situation.....we went for a walk and burned a Christmas joint !! By the time we got back all was right in the world again !!
Had 1/2 of a gummy yesterday. I still had loads of pain, but, I didn’t care. 😂

Maybe I need the real McCoy.

Just a quick question, how can I identify some hammered coins? I have think 3 that I need to identify but I can't find anything matching.

The finds in the area are mostly 1500s at oldest by what I've identified so far.

Jetons, lead clothseals and clay smoking pipes litter the area there where I found most of my hammered coins

For example this one, I can't find a matching Elizabeth the 1st crown/portrait and can't see a Tudor rose either.
Have you posted in the “What Is It” forum?

Bart?
Screenshot_20231231_083114_Google.jpg

You probably should look into buying a good coin reference book on English coins hammered/milled.
Lots a used ones out there in the market place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back