THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone. Searched the school again yesterday but just a handful of junk jewelry and more for whatever reason pistol balls have like 20 now from the site. As far as getting gold there it's not been easy I dig tons of holes and trash. It's normally like 4 to 6hr hunts at a time. I'm digging all signals from 47-99. All I have left is extremely trashed areas of the school that are going to take a lot of work to clean up.

I guess I'm hearing with the big surf going on on California beaches there once it's done will be old jewelery and coinage about. Hearing even Spanish stuff in some parts. Of course I won't be able to get out there stupid non driving me

Well....ill explain why I'm excited about my upcoming trip.....I will actually be able to go to a spot where no one ever goes....its a secret from the spanish archives....Ponce de Leon stopped here in get this.....1513 !! I have arrows pointing on the jasper knabb map right offshore of this little known cay....also a chance at lucayn artifacts !! History just keeps piling on this spot as I research more....pirates, smugglers, civil war blockade runners, prohibition smugglers, and straight up till today. Opportunity for my type of hunting is very very good !! I just herd from my guest angler, and he's making plans now....the ball is in motion.....DUDE....Ponce de Leon!! I need his signet ring or something personal.....this spot is small.....I will definitely walk where he did !! Notations on the map speak of spanish wrecks that are 17th, and 18th, century just offshore as well. I have gotten to a point that I can see the conditions I need for success from Google earth.....its looking incredible!! Im buzzing with Opportunity and excitement right now.....the ponce de Leon spot is uninhabited and much sand has been carried away in the last few years.....its dust over crust, and if there is anything there....I will get it....for sure !! Please lord 🙏 let this plan come to fruition !! Please lord no canceling at the last minute !!

It's been really frustrating with the bad weather....im loosing my mind not getting out to hunt !! Just woodworking. When I have fished it's sucked and we've caught very little.....I've been reduced to eating mackerel......instead of snapper !! The only comfort I have is cleaning gold and diamonds so I can remember all the thrills !! View attachment 2123006
Actually might have a couple calm days....but no hunting.....everybody wants to fish, so I've fueled the boat. Still looks very overcast outside though.
i feel for ya being pinned down like you are brother.
Let me show ya how much.

:laughing7:

Well....ill explain why I'm excited about my upcoming trip.....I will actually be able to go to a spot where no one ever goes....its a secret from the spanish archives....Ponce de Leon stopped here in get this.....1513 !! I have arrows pointing on the jasper knabb map right offshore of this little known cay....also a chance at lucayn artifacts !! History just keeps piling on this spot as I research more....pirates, smugglers, civil war blockade runners, prohibition smugglers, and straight up till today. Opportunity for my type of hunting is very very good !! I just herd from my guest angler, and he's making plans now....the ball is in motion.....DUDE....Ponce de Leon!! I need his signet ring or something personal.....this spot is small.....I will definitely walk where he did !! Notations on the map speak of spanish wrecks that are 17th, and 18th, century just offshore as well. I have gotten to a point that I can see the conditions I need for success from Google earth.....its looking incredible!! Im buzzing with Opportunity and excitement right now.....the ponce de Leon spot is uninhabited and much sand has been carried away in the last few years.....its dust over crust, and if there is anything there....I will get it....for sure !! Please lord 🙏 let this plan come to fruition !! Please lord no canceling at the last minute !!

[ I need his signet ring or something personal]

You figuring his fingers are thereabouts?
:o

Screenshot_20231230_095045_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20231230_094641_Maps.jpg

You would not believe the success I've had by looking on Google, and then going to the marked spots by navigating on my phone....some are wins, and some are not....all this type of exploration is an adventure.....I will often anchor next to these spots and jump in to see what they are.....when you have a magnotometer survey map, and drop dive information, then every anomaly must be explored. Although I can do no more than locate these wrecks and debri.....I can go ashore on the adjacent rocks, keys, cays, and islands that every survivor, and all the wreck debri of several galleons had to come ashore....no other scenario....they had too or they drowned....if they drowned there gold draped dead bodies would have washed ashore here too.....hundreds of years of different wrecks just offshore....50-100 yards !! These pics are of another shallow bank nearby.....it'll be a miracle if I actually get weather and time to look at these anomalies.

Ponce de Leon key is blasted....totally devastated by recent hurricanes ..... the conditions are absolutely perfect for recoveries. I will check the finds key.....im working on memory but Mr. Knabb found either a flintlock pistol, with other ships rigging, or a pectoral cross of gold and emeralds, or both may have come from offshore of this island about 50 yards !! That cross has never been seen except in the photo, and I believe he hid treasure when he was a fugitive. I thought about calling him in prison, and trying to make some sort of "arrangement" but in the end I decided to explore on my own....mainly because I felt this evil genius might out wit me and trick me.....he really is a genius....in an evil super villan kind of way !!

@blossom I hope you're having a wonderful day.

I'm trying to build my collection information and use Trello to host it but while going through it I've realised my. Missfortune of getting so many interesting buttons that I don't even know where to start.

I know you're the Goddess of buttons, oracle of knowledge. So may I please have some advice on where to look for information on them?

I have military, patterned probably 17/1800s, an odd lead thing I believe to be a button and some other odoties like a button with a greenish-black/brown patina featuring a full body Deer,lots of 2 piece and even what looks to be 2 piece lead with loop inserts..

And don't get me started on the flat, flat edged, flat domed flat... Buttons

Here's what I mean, could you or anyone else please point me in a direction?
Hey Shardy xx

now buttons you say…. Well I have a good book that I use, I also use the Facebook page for getting family names associated with my Livery buttons… they are a great group…

I also use ancestry to find info on the button makers if local, and finally there is a good web page UK detector finds database for button makers… but formally sorting ours is still on our list of things to do 😬 xx (obviously there are many on here who know a lot.. so if you have good pics pop em on for IDs ) xx

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpeg
    IMG_0663.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 10
Good morning everyone. Searched the school again yesterday but just a handful of junk jewelry and more for whatever reason pistol balls have like 20 now from the site. As far as getting gold there it's not been easy I dig tons of holes and trash. It's normally like 4 to 6hr hunts at a time. I'm digging all signals from 47-99. All I have left is extremely trashed areas of the school that are going to take a lot of work to clean up.

Hey Shardy xx

now buttons you say…. Well I have a good book that I use, I also use the Facebook page for getting family names associated with my Livery buttons… they are a great group…

I also use ancestry to find info on the button makers if local, and finally there is a good web page UK detector finds database for button makers… but formally sorting ours is still on our list of things to do 😬 xx (obviously there are many on here who know a lot.. so if you have good pics pop em on for IDs ) xx
Thank you, I did get suggested a website for military buttons specifically already so that's great and now with yours too I should be ok until I drive myself crazy searching through millions of buttons 🤣

And don't worry, with the amount of things you always find I'm sure you'd button stash is probably far larger than my collection as a whole so it will probably take months to sort it

Here some other stuff from the school a button which for some reason some of you are excitable about and a thingymabob

Attachments

• 8abb311e-15da-4b30-9d2f-029a70ff63e6.jpg
    8abb311e-15da-4b30-9d2f-029a70ff63e6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 4e16461d-7870-45bd-b555-b0ff08a8b561.jpg
    4e16461d-7870-45bd-b555-b0ff08a8b561.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Personally 2 holers just don't do too much to get the :blob10:going.
What's gift wrapped thingumabob?
I have no idea what the thingumabob was or is. This school is weird there's a layer or old so I never know what's old or new crap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back