THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Now that's something I've been wondering about.....just how long does it take to attain this hue !! I've wondered if it was worth keeping them in the sun !! Im gonna put one in direct sunlight!! I should be able to bake some color into some that are already like that !!
This was obtained over 1 or 2 summers, not any longer.
We didn't care for the opalescence/opal colouring on the glass.
It seemed to enhance it when this was done.

Probably a few will recall my "I believe there's a mouse in the Tundra" statement.
I will bring up to date on this interesting tale that is slowly turning into a woes me.

3 mice so far-not found the nest as of yet-need to fully empty truck-encore please :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Went for a hunt on the Dec.17th, and the battery was dead.
I noticed my back up camera wasn't working once before that.

I went to start the truck the other day to go hunting, and the battery was low-when I turned off the key the fan came on. (strange)
Went to check trap the other day-battery so dead the door locks won't work.
Tried the key in the door-won't work.
Frozen-Yup-lots of rain
Tried today-nope-got another key-yup
Removed 3rd mouse
Got the charger on 1.8 volts left in battery-drained right out.
Put charger on it-started to pour rain-still raining. (charger covered)

Took glove compartment out-filter cover-no nest-clean (no filter in place)

So there seems to be a dead short (possible) Battery isn't really old-but it's not new.
Will charge it up again-put the load tester on it and see what is happening.

Probably remove the neg. to see if the drain of power is just the battery/or the mouse that lived in the truck house ate something up.
At one time a Phillips screwdriver and a slotted screwdriver could dismantle a dashboard-I looked at it today and the mind threw up the big :dontknow::laughing7:

3 mice so far-not found the nest as of yet
The favorite place to nest in my trucks has always been the heater fan or ducting around it. I hope you find it. They're destructive little monsters. They ate the insulation off several wires under the hood of my truck one time. That was fun to hunt down.

@pepperj

especially for you … 😆 xx
IMG_0642.jpeg

The favorite place to nest in my trucks has always been the heater fan or ducting around it. I hope you find it. They're destructive little monsters. They ate the insulation off several wires under the hood of my truck one time. That was fun to hunt down.
I really am not in the mood to be working on the truck in the winter time.

The Mrs stated the ? you will need it for plowing the snow.
I checked the long range-no snow really for the next 2 weeks at least.

Another brilliant suggestion by my lovely task master-you could use your side of the garage.
:laughing7:X:laughing7::laughing7:=a few good:laughing7:
Patio furniture/operating table for the rooster's feet/plus wood working equipment/dingy/projects for shelving.
Heck I'll throw another :laughing7:

I found a few more things at the Mystery House today. Nothing worth writing home about, but there are a couple of things I'm puzzled by, so if you've got a minute, check it out here. (More photos there too.)
IMG_3399.jpeg

I'm tired after a hard day. The truck on a trickle charge for 24hrs.
Counted my Crotal/sleigh bell collection today.
92 complete ones.
I didn't bother counting the squashed or ones with pieces missing.
I have given many away to the permissions wives for the Xmas tree decorations over the years. Have a few more to ready yet.
I find it amazing how many folks haven't dug one bell yet.
Here I always thought that they were a common recovery.

I'm tired after a hard day. The truck on a trickle charge for 24hrs.
Counted my Crotal/sleigh bell collection today.
92 complete ones.
I didn't bother counting the squashed or ones with pieces missing.
I have given many away to the permissions wives for the Xmas tree decorations over the years. Have a few more to ready yet.
I find it amazing how many folks haven't dug one bell yet.
Here I always thought that they were a common recovery.
Let’s see one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back