THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning! It’s snowing here. I think we’ll just get a dusting. Yuk!
IMG_2991.jpeg

Wow....that school is really paying off !! Great work John!! Your high scorer with the gold count latley !!
Going back today though I do not expect a clean out like that today lol. I'm a glutton for punishment right after my work morning shift I head straight to metal detecting and boy do my feet and knee hate me for it

Surf's up in San Diego:
.Most beaches will see waves 12-15 feet hight. Some areas, like Sunset Cliffs in Point Loma, could even see sets up to 18 feet. Now if the heavy fog would clear, we could see them coming. Mornin' y'all.
Don in SoCal

Surf's up in San Diego:
.Most beaches will see waves 12-15 feet hight. Some areas, like Sunset Cliffs in Point Loma, could even see sets up to 18 feet. Now if the heavy fog would clear, we could see them coming. Mornin' y'all.
Don in SoCal
I've been watching....the world's best are all at mavericks surfing huge stuff !!

20231229_084643.jpg

20231229_084647.jpg

20231229_084652.jpg

Baltimore loop enclosure in blob top !! And sunburnt amethyst color. Not a bunch of these tops around....I think they only made this type for a year or 2.....its the immediate precursor to the crown top !! I've got a jungle bottle dump that gives me all these beers.....they all date to late 1800s to early 1900s, and there must be 4-6 different types of hand applied tops and stoppers from this time period.....almost all the bottles I find here are beer....and some mineral waters.....there are many bottles here, and I only go alone....I've never ever shared this spot with anyone !! Earliest beers are 1860s, and by 1900-1915 this site was abandoned. I have at least 2 people who want into this site badly....its mine and I keep the pit hidden. It's a natural sink hole filled with beer bottles !!

Screenshot_20231229_090000_Chrome.jpg

View attachment 2122829
View attachment 2122830
View attachment 2122831
Baltimore loop enclosure in blob top !! And sunburnt amethyst color. Not a bunch of these tops around....I think they only made this type for a year or 2.....its the immediate precursor to the crown top !! I've got a jungle bottle dump that gives me all these beers.....they all date to late 1800s to early 1900s, and there must be 4-6 different types of hand applied tops and stoppers from this time period.....almost all the bottles I find here are beer....and some mineral waters.....there are many bottles here, and I only go alone....I've never ever shared this spot with anyone !! Earliest beers are 1860s, and by 1900-1915 this site was abandoned. I have at least 2 people who want into this site badly....its mine and I keep the pit hidden. It's a natural sink hole filled with beer bottles !!

View attachment 2122834
Nice bottle Bart.
When the bottle digging craze, was happening with us in the early 70's, we left those outside in the sun.
From living in BC the length of the summer sun was quite long.
We'd put the bottles up on the south facing roof to darken the purple. (Just a personal liking)

Nice bottle Bart.
When the bottle digging craze, was happening with us in the early 70's, we left those outside in the sun.
From living in BC the length of the summer sun was quite long.
We'd put the bottles up on the south facing roof to darken the purple. (Just a personal liking)
These were clear glass when they were dug.
20231229_093021.jpg
20231229_093141.jpg

Surf's up in San Diego:
Don in SoCal
yeah saw some washouts on the news! Be Safe take photos

These were clear glass when they were dug.
View attachment 2122848View attachment 2122849
Now that's something I've been wondering about.....just how long does it take to attain this hue !! I've wondered if it was worth keeping them in the sun !! Im gonna put one in direct sunlight!! I should be able to bake some color into some that are already like that !!

Surf's up in San Diego:
Don in SoCal
Wow !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back