THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

TTHEN FROM THE settling dust he see's... the pull tab of a pristine insitu gleaming in the rays of the sun and morning mist...
Man I seriously thought finding a gold coin was the pinnacle of my detecting life.
Now I'm green with envy for a pretty tab.

the simple faint sound then becomes increasing louder as the tip of the pinpointer approaches the gleaming rays...
BUT... the arm strength was a bit too much causing the tip to bump said pull tab.... which then... crumbly folds in half.

Ruined.

Well here is the post up of the Boxing Day hunt.
Got it all up then I refreshed the page and lost all the pictures and a lot of the end text.
Slight blue air
"Oh what are you swearing about?"
Grumble-lost something dear
Edited-reworded

Well here is the post up of the Boxing Day hunt.
Got it all up then I refreshed the page and lost all the pictures and a lot of the end text.
Slight blue air
"Oh what are you swearing about?"
Grumble-lost something dear
Edited-reworded
Boxing day? Is there a karate day? MMA day? I know Rush has a song called Bastille day....

laughing11.gif

Boxing day? Is there a karate day? MMA day? I know Rush has a song called Bastille day....

View attachment 2122578
In appreciation for their dedicated service, employers would assemble gift boxes for the servants to take home on the day following Christmas as a token of gratitude. This practice is the origin of the term Boxing Day.

So I have to wonder if the 1% are handing out any-🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Some years ago, I came across a modern pirate map !! About a year after getting the map, I gave it to some islanders who were in a better situation to explore it.....it was 49 sites explored by the infamous Jasper knab !! Well....I did study that map, and make some mental notes that corresponded with which sites I could actually explore !! The map was descriptive, and some things and areas were.....right up my ally. I told myself that if I ever had a chance to travel to any of these locations for my work ..... I would carry all necessary gear, and have a plan prepared !! Well....here we go baby !! Im going to one of the sights....or more than one site......I've placed myself in a spot that is in the center of several spots. All expenses are paid, and I'll be in the cockpit of the 55 viking fishing for blue marlin most of the time....but, anyone who knows me, knows I'll make time to hunt these exotic locations for spanish treasure no matter what !! If I have to go from midnight till dawn....I will....even if I have to solo kyak a mile in the dark !! This "Jasper Knab" was some kind of Clark kent/lex luthor....not superman.....he robbed alot of people, and blew holes all over the bahamas in search of loot.....he ran a big tech company, was a jet rated pilot, a 100 ton captain, and had many diving certs. This guy was so sharp, that he dove a blown hole with his investors, and didn't tell the partners there was treasure......he went back solo in an 80 foot yacht, anchored it on the spot, and then solo dove it at night and recovered incredible treasure.....how do you know that Bart?? Well because there were pictures sealed in the tube with the (very large) treasure map !! Apparently he betrayed his bahamian partners....along with many others. We found this tube with the map and pics under the dash of the 80 footer when it went to government auction....well now I've talked my boss into fishing, and staying .8 miles from site 1......I leave in February......woooo hoooo !!

Looks like a nerd huh ?? Dude was a certified James bond Indiana Jones!!

Thank you, it’s my second year now of metal detecting, starting to get the basics down pretty good, finding public places to hunt is the hardest part , fresno/Merced area
Lol I feel your pain freaking Merced. Parks here are mostly junked by homeless so those are extremely frustrating

He may wear a different suit in jail.
He got in big trouble....but the map was hidden in a way he might have been able to recover it years later. What a dark genius he was.....apparently he had developed his own very powerful magnotometer.....I know many people wanted to find the map.....the yacht broker and I found it by accident trying to repair something deep inside the dash.....there was an acces panel to the underside of the helm....there was the long tube with map and pics (hidden evidence) yacht broker briefly talked of turning it in.....I would not give it back at that point and kept it.

I've been pouring over sat imagery of the sites, and it's got me drooling 🤤 I always look for particular conditions that will give me the best opportunity for recoveries. I see those conditions right on top of my mark.....it used to be covered by sand, and now I see hard bottom and the sand has been blasted clear by a recent storm......there are certain cached images from the clearest days on certain platforms, and Nov. 14th 2014 is the date I use on Google earth......by far the clearest day ever recorded of my area of interest. Starting on site 2 now.....labeled on the map as the "buccaneer wreck" it is close by also, and im certain there is a camp and salvage site here also.....a few years ago a t-net member recovered old English coins on the beach adjacent to this wreck....the wreck is 17th century, and is sanded in now.....jasper knabb blew it out at one point but it's long since sanded over. This t-net person had no idea he was probably on the camp site for the survivors.....he was just a tourist with a metal detector who happened to stumble on the site.....there should be good pickings there.....I hope !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back