THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning each xx 🤗 xx last day of visiting for us today… fingers crossed we will be able to slip in a festive swing tomoz 😆 xx have had wild weather these last few days… but we got to see some beautiful Nacreous clouds .…. 😳 xx

View attachment 2121719View attachment 2121720View attachment 2121721
Ehhhh bah !

UFO had a gas leak.... no biggy. :P

No really Blossy... cool photo and definitely weird.

After work went gold rush relic hunting but just came back with a you tried reward. Black power container lead cap. It's something I guess.

Attachments

• 20231223_161353.jpg
    20231223_161353.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20231223_161400.jpg
    20231223_161400.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20231223_161425.jpg
    20231223_161425.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20231223_161415.jpg
    20231223_161415.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
After work went gold rush relic hunting but just came back with a you tried reward. Black power container lead cap. It's something I guess.
Those are very cool, I've only found one that wasn't all beat up.

Those are very cool, I've only found one that wasn't all beat up.
This is my second first one is almost unreadable this one has much more detail so that's something will replace the one I found a long time ago

That's a very cool relic, liking it. Well dug John
Never dug anything even like it around these parts.

That's a very cool relic, liking it. Well dug John
Never dug anything even like it around these parts.
I had to change tactics to find it. Too much tin roofing in the little site I found. So I reduced sensitivity to 89 and reactivity ro max. Since going deep wasn't going to be a thing anyways the reactivity high was a better call in said situation. Went slow and it came in clear amongst the tin

I had to change tactics to find it. Too much tin roofing in the little site I found. So I reduced sensitivity to 89 and reactivity ro max. Since going deep wasn't going to be a thing anyways the reactivity high was a better call in said situation. Went slow and it came in clear amongst the tin
Good plan, the tin can really be a pain at a site.
I have a couple of places with shallow tin cans, but the good targets are 6-10" down so it's a dig and get rid of the tin option.
The church site on a private permission, the tin litters 50' around the building. But everything is in the tree roots, so it's a real pain to dig it up. The bugs are slowly killing off the trees which in this case I'm liking the tree killers.

Good plan, the tin can really be a pain at a site.
I have a couple of places with shallow tin cans, but the good targets are 6-10" down so it's a dig and get rid of the tin option.
The church site on a private permission, the tin litters 50' around the building. But everything is in the tree roots, so it's a real pain to dig it up. The bugs are slowly killing off the trees which in this case I'm liking the tree killers.
Always have to adjust per site and area I've learned it and the D2 is a great machine to do it with

Always have to adjust per site and area I've learned it and the D2 is a great machine to do it with
Unless a miracle happens this frozen world of mine will remain that way for another 3 months now.
I might try on our Boxing say to get out for a bit, not sure if the ground will be thawed enough.
The weather 43F on Christmas, then 46F on Tuesday.
The bush might be still soft under the layer of leaves.

Unless a miracle happens this frozen world of mine will remain that way for another 3 months now.
I might try on our Boxing say to get out for a bit, not sure if the ground will be thawed enough.
The weather 43F on Christmas, then 46F on Tuesday.
The bush might be still soft under the layer of leaves.
It's prime detecting time for here. Ground is damp and not too hot. Can actually dig out in the good areas

It's prime detecting time for here. Ground is damp and not too hot. Can actually dig out in the good areas
I get to live through the screen for 3 months longing to get out.
The itch is pretty bad by spring for the need to dig.
Then it will take a few hunts to get the ears tuned up again.

I get to live through the screen for 3 months longing to get out.
The itch is pretty bad by spring for the need to dig.
Then it will take a few hunts to get the ears tuned up again.
Now summer here it gets tough far too hot and the ground gets way to hard in most areas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back