THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

No drip rails.
Water runs in if the window is cracked open a little. (Hey , I need air dammit.)
"Oh but you can buy aftermarket deflectors! "
Ya I can. Or you could take half the crap I didn't want off and put some on.
"Oh but their built with what most people want."
Most people want water running in thier windows?
"Just turn on your vent then. "
I did but it smells funky. Maybe it's the chemicals and stuff that keeps clouding my glass when the vehicle is parked with the windows up? Can't I just crack a window for some fresh air?
"Umm , we can change your cabin air filter for you. Would you like to schedule an appointment?"
Do I have to drive my stinky car with it's cloudy glass from the fumes without being able to crack the window to get to the appointment? It's also still not dried out from the last time it rained. I'm afraid to drive it with a window down after the last time I almost lost control.
"We can change your cabin air filter for you. Would you like to schedule an appointment?"
Please change the air filter for me.
Damn I wish they would have taken the mouse, acorns out also.
Turned the fan on and it sounded like the playing card in the spokes.
Yes 🌶 the cabin filter needs to be changed-ya think 🤔 😄
20211203_111516.jpg

Probably 98/99 more than I found :laughing7:

Did you see the post up?
Gee that was the year I was born-crazy totals they obtained back then without waterproof detectors.

I bet if I could go like alot of the others I would get great numbers......I still have a full time job....many of the guys claiming the big numbers are long since retired, and go multiple days a week, and all day long !! I wish I had that kind of time to hunt, and travel to the best spots. I'm trying to do this by being paid a contract salary by a media Corp. For a treasure hunting show....then using my free time to expand my personal hunts. Coyote Peterson asked me at the last meeting if it was finances that was the only thing holding me back from treasurehunting full time.....I told him yes....Mr. Gary Drayton, is living my type of dream....paid by TV to hunt, and then spending the majority of his free time to destination hunt, or just hunt florida !! I made more money per day this year hunting, than I did when I worked.....many days at 400+$, and my best day this year was well over 3500$, and many days I would go to work, and then get a gold in the afternoon, = to my average pay !! Coyote Peterson has my back and is trying to make it where I can hunt florida, and the islands. So this year total was just over 8 total ounces, from January-Oct!! 5 of those ounces came from June-Oct!! I couldn't even imagine what it would be like if I had the freedom to hunt when and where on my own terms ?? Could I double or triple my take ?? I'm not sure....what I am sure of is I would be bumping into @newnan man at sebastion this morning, because I would already be hunting the treasure coast for the last 2 days....Mr Drayton found a 2 reale a couple days ago because he has the time to hunt....thats what he does !! I have to baby sit 4 million dollars of boats through this blow and can't breakaway !! Just need the right number to pay the bills dropped off in my account each season, and I'd be off like a flash !! Im trying to work this out now, and hope to have that freedom in the next year or 2....or just out right commit to a treasurehunting career !!

Waterfowling here can be big. We are under a couple areas of flyways (I'm not sure how many) plus the "residents" /those that raise youngins for the year).

I've tossed most headstamps. Either don't find many or don't pay too much attention unless they might be old.
BUT.
One should be in a bag of loot from a boat launch.
Being the remnants of a paper hull told me hang on a bit .
(Not like it's the first shell ever sold or nothin...)
But an oldie. Forgot now but did look it up. Times were as in your area far different then for sure.

Most Old ones I recover are rough. Being wet at that launch probably saved that one.
Or else if most weren't so rough I might drive the primers out to fit screws through the holes to mount them.
They could hang on pegs through empty primer holes too.
Might last two minutes before they got knocked down , or over, or off.
I like the idea of drilling the primers to screw them down !! Brilliant !

Not much left when they look like this pasture 12" recovery.
View attachment 2120672
Ya. I probably wouldn't fist fight you for that one. But it's not cleaned up yet either so there's always a chance. L.o.l..

Wow. Fertilizer in play there. A surprising amount of which I'm learning acts like a salt when used extensively.

Lots of coins being found on the treasure coast, and probably a lot more to come....funny how you never see anyone post them here....I've seen 4 and some emeralds already one a big lima 8 reale !!
Rough surf right now on the Treasure & Space Coast. That usually uncovers stuff and the MD'ers come out in force. I have a friend who has found Spanish silver just walking the beach. She walks every morning to start her day and has found 3 Spanish coins right here at our beach. We are 20 - 30 miles north of where the 1715 fleet sank.

I like the idea of drilling the primers to screw them down !! Brilliant !

IF you get a newer throwaway one ...You could practice.
A piece of coldrolled round stock with it's end tapered can be used to push primers out from the inside. You'd want the head standing over a hole to allow the primer to leave it's home.

O.K.. Why this guy is depriming a live primer I don't know. And he should suggest gloves , safety glasses and someone else's wood table...... But you'll get the idea.

AHOY MATEES!!!! UPDATE UPDATE
I hope this message finds you all doing well, locally and abroad.... Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do :icon_scratch: And Now that the slow winter months are upon us and I can finally breathe, maybe I can see what you cronies have been up to. Lot's of recovered treasure I hope...
As for my last 6 months, I've had the rug pulled out from under me. During my busy season in work, My Father and Father-in-law became ill at the same time same day. One with a massive stroke/seizure and one with congestive heart failure. Father in law 3hrs in one direction at hospital while the other in another direction 2hrs away. 3 months fast forward they both managed to make it home. My Father fully recovered and was doing well while the Father in law was under our full 24 hr care with a slow recovery forward. All hands on deck but at least we were then back home. Unfortunately when we thought we were all moving forward, my father fell ill again less than 30 days after returning home, and I once again found myself at his bedside. Sadly it was his time as his body had enough. Sept 17 my father left this wonderful planet to be in his heavenly world.
Fast forward 3 more months and we are in a much better place with the Father in law as he has improved to assisted walking and much improved mobility. We have another 6 months to determine his full and long term mobility so no time to rest. Our lives have taken a turn from the normal but so is life as we know it. I'm sure some of you know what I've been through and some maybe not. Enjoy life every day as much as possible. Get outside and exercise. Love your families and eat healthy.
Ok so now your updated, I'm ready to go dig dig dig... So many new places I have encountered and excited to explore. Can't wait to see what you guys have unearthed lately.... Chat soon :hello:

I hope this message finds you all doing well, locally and abroad.... Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do :icon_scratch: And Now that the slow winter months are upon us and I can finally breathe, maybe I can see what you cronies have been up to. Lot's of recovered treasure I hope...
As for my last 6 months, I've had the rug pulled out from under me. During my busy season in work, My Father and Father-in-law became ill at the same time same day. One with a massive stroke/seizure and one with congestive heart failure. Father in law 3hrs in one direction at hospital while the other in another direction 2hrs away. 3 months fast forward they both managed to make it home. My Father fully recovered and was doing well while the Father in law was under our full 24 hr care with a slow recovery forward. All hands on deck but at least we were then back home. Unfortunately when we thought we were all moving forward, my father fell ill again less than 30 days after returning home, and I once again found myself at his bedside. Sadly it was his time as his body had enough. Sept 17 my father left this wonderful planet to be in his heavenly world.
Fast forward 3 more months and we are in a much better place with the Father in law as he has improved to assisted walking and much improved mobility. We have another 6 months to determine his full and long term mobility so no time to rest. Our lives have taken a turn from the normal but so is life as we know it. I'm sure some of you know what I've been through and some maybe not. Enjoy life every day as much as possible. Get outside and exercise. Love your families and eat healthy.
Ok so now your updated, I'm ready to go dig dig dig... So many new places I have encountered and excited to explore. Can't wait to see what you guys have unearthed lately.... Chat soon :hello:
Welcome and my condolences.

Life! Can't live with it and can't live without it. May it go well in the future for you and yours.

Sorry for your loss and all your trouble.
Looking forward to see what you find now that you're back at it. Good luck!

Mornin!

My sincerest condolences Surf_Pirate on your loss of your father.
Certainly has been a rollercoaster of emotions these past months.
Best to you and your family over the holidays.

Sorry to hear about all the heartaches you have gone through. Yes, several of us have been down that road and it is very difficult. Prayers for strength, comfort and peace to you and yours. No need to try and catch up. Just jump on aboard.

Good evening all you pretty pirates 😆 hope you have had a marvellous Saturday xx 🤗

we finally got to go back out today to play in the mud 😬… no idea half the time what we’ve found as the mud is so sticky… but makes the cleaning all the more fun 😆 xx

Thread 'Today’s Treasure xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasure-xx.691055/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back