THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Don't even think about it! Firebird is amazing, bike is a POS!
I had one years ago when they were the fastest bike made. This is the second gen, it may be worth quite a bit in a few years.... so... we are talking about cash and guitar trades. I will keep the car today was smokey burn out day! :headbang: Only 3 times though.

Good Saturday morning!

Sunrise yesterday.

IMG_3178.jpeg

I'd be delighted to buy a few cars out of the 60's for a few hundred dollars each again!
Cripes , I could work on them.
2008 plow truck sits in my front yard needing a starter. I'm not going to change it!
Ridiculous process to do it.

Some of the stuff I did with , to cars out of the 60's...
But they were serviceable.
Learning when a rebuild was in order was part of the deal.
Beat it to the punch.
had some sweet little engines cleaned up and the distributors left juuust loose enough to turn by hand with effort to compensate for worn ignition components.
Carbs set by ear...performance prime.
Midseventies procedure to adjust a carb instructed the mixture be adjusted till the engine was running smooth. Then back off the adjustment screw till engine began to run rough.
Followed by plugs being added on new carbs so owners couldn't adjust carbs. So we were lugging engines by starving them for emissions sake.
of course there was far more involved and sticking your wrist under a hood was a cramped process by then.
Sitting on the truck fender to perform a tune up as I'd done on multiple trucks was no longer a thing...Just as swapping out an engine had become a job for NASA over the course of a week.

Crash tests at around 25 m.p.h.. Vehicles crinkle up like tissue paper.
But what matters is , how are the passengers.
Well , if not hitting a squirrel at over 25 m.p.h.. they might survive!

Meanwhile someone bolts a foot peg off a motorcycle on an antique truck fender (to reach farther with a snow brush) and jumps up and down on it with no ill effect. (O.K. . Maybe I exaggerate a little.)
I wish they’d put the dimmer control back on the floorboard. That would make it more convenient for the folks who text and drive: multi-taskers. 😂

I don’t miss changing points, condensers, etc. But I loved the simplicity of the vehicle from 1972 and older. I don’t need heated seats, parking assist, low tire monitors and all of the engineering marvels we’re forced into.

Congrats!
Silver!
Those barbed fittings can contain a screen in the opposite the barbed side sometimes for using as one hitters.
Might explain the context of finding one in an odd area Vs near a line(s).
Or explain a police dog paying your recoveries too much attention. L.o.l..
Oh yes… I remember when “one hitter” was a baseball term. 😆

Kind of reminds me of an old Tabby cat we had growing up.
It weighed around 20 lbs, and every year we'd put up the tree and hte cat would climb it to the top.
Just to get it out of it's system-then he left it alone.
I wish they’d put the dimmer control back on the floorboard. That would make it more convenient for the folks who text and drive: multi-taskers. 😂

I don’t miss changing points, condensers, etc. But I loved the simplicity of the vehicle from 1972 and older. I don’t need heated seats, parking assist, low tire monitors and all of the engineering marvels we’re forced into.
I miss the nose vents windows, the manual air vents.
The today's cars and trucks when the rear windows are cracked a weird womp/womp wind noise developed.

Last 2 years we had the cat kill the tree....this year we did not put the Christmas blanket around the base of the tree, and no cats have messed with the tree at all this year ??

Actually I've come to enjoy many features on new vehicles but the auto lane correction thing drives me nuts. My brother & I rented an SUV last summer in Montana. We couldn't figure out how to disable the lane change thing. Every time you tried to pass it wanted to keep you in your lane. Ahhhggg! I do love my air-conditioned seats down here in Florida. ❤️

The last 5 day slide into winter

Screen Shot 2023-12-16 at 7.56.25 AM.png

I sometimes like to look at things on the this link about when different times happen, the moon phases, etc....

Good morning everyone. Hmmm I guess the rum and Coke last night was not the brightest of ideas when I had to be up at 4:30 this morning to be ready for work lol

Kind of reminds me of an old Tabby cat we had growing up.
It weighed around 20 lbs, and every year we'd put up the tree and hte cat would climb it to the top.
Just to get it out of it's system-then he left it alone.

I miss the nose vents windows, the manual air vents.
The today's cars and trucks when the rear windows are cracked a weird womp/womp wind noise developed.
Yes. The wing windows were great. I have a 2017 Trax. Good running car. The vent system, however, sucks. Nice day, don’t want windows down. Set vents to open, high fan, heat off. Still blows hot air. Not 55 degree outside air. I miss the manual vents too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back