THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Searching the archives I found 3 possible candidates for I.D. on the newest wreck I've found. I'm leaning toward the "loui XIV" bound from New Orleans to havre, captain juge, July 1844, cargo valued at 104,000$

I had a big plan when I left the house this morning as I was at 97 silvers for the year. I was bound and determined to make 100 happen today!
I went to the apartment complex where they've been removing grass. They didn't clear any new area, but they removed the big piles of sod that they had already removed.
Bingo! Got number 100 (plus an extra one just to make sure :laughing7: )!!! Yay!
Plus, I picked up 18 wheats as a double bonus!
Will post to todays finds later.
View attachment 2119967
Well congrats on breaking the 100 mark for silver in 2023.
A 4 silver day is a really good day in recoveries in today's detecting world.

Well congrats on breaking the 100 mark for silver in 2023.
A 4 silver day is a really good day in recoveries in today's detecting world.
Thanks Pepper! Kinda silly to set a goal like that, but I was so close I figured why not.

Thanks Pepper! Kinda silly to set a goal like that, but I was so close I figured why not.
Not silly at all, heck it's a badge of honour to say that you set and achieved that amount.

Heck it's been 15 yrs since I did it-and just from your post it made me think I should maybe mix the site selection up a tad this coming year to see how many I can put on the board.
Digging silvers is kind of fun - no - it's a good rush to see them in the dirt - something that never gets old for me - but doesn't happen enough for me now that I hunt fields and bush sites.

Since I really have to work hard from Oct.- Dec. I'm not a big fan of all this holiday bologna !! So I've become a major grinch fan !! Everyone knows this, and I get grinch stuff for Christmas. I'm also a huge fan of krampus, and scrooge !! My latest holiday joy, is to watch all these home videos of the grinch terrorizing the little kids !! A little BAHHH HUMBUG is what im trying to spread this holiday season !!
Don't worry Bart. You're already on the naughty list. You don't have to work so hard at it.

πŸŽ… 🀢

Good Morning my hearties πŸ˜† xx hope your not only fine but also dandy this am xx πŸ€—
And you as well, Your Ladyship. πŸ™ƒ

Told myself I wasn't going to detect today but I think I lied to myself lol I decided I want to go to the drained part of the lake and try my luck lots of people water ski and such on it when it's full and also was heavily used before it was a lake back up into the 1920s has to be stuff there and was so much old bullets from the early times so means no one cleared it

Ohhhhhh NO !

Ole Piggie Woo has got to walk the Rum Plank with the Captain ! ! !

No Scurvy Bird on this ship can pass without getting totally sloshed at least once to the point of leaning sideways on a shoulder.

Its part of the grooming process.... and tradition of course.

BUT......... i might make an exception....... for the simple fact IF....IF..... Ole Piggie Poo... Errrr Woo... happens to get TOO drunk on said Rum....

One VERY LARGE and HEAVY Piggie Woo may fall off said shoulder onto the Captains foot.... which could result in a limping Captain.

Now... I know that a limping Pirate Captain is in vogue and a fashion statement... BUT........ i happen to have an ingrown toenail at present and the pure thought of a pigeon the size of a small turkey falling on said toenail could cause a tear to shed in ones eye....

And this... would hamper my whole tough pirate persona...

So....... Shhhhh...... we shall just skip the aforementioned drunken feathered extravaganza !
Aye Capn! But you need but to perch said parrot on the shoulder over your wooden leg. Problem solved! ☠️

IMG_0421.jpeg

Fixing to be some treasure hunts in my future.....if we don't get to crushed !! Another major un named storm is heading our way.....this one looks to be longer in there predicted duration......looks to be a week long blow.
Screenshot_20231212_135903_MyRadar.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back