THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning my pretties 😆 xx hope you are all set for the start of the week xx 🤗

gorgeous sunny day here today … ahh the weather gods like to mess with us, as i sit trapped behind my desk once again today 😬 xx
I declare that you get a sun holiday to boost the vitamin D, and mood.

It's Monday already? And drizzling a cold rain too? Ugh. Well, good morning anyway!
21F feeling like 14F It says it'll be sunny and a high of 30F.
But we shall see-calling for a couple of inches of snow Tuesday night into Wed.
Longterm forecast is 10 inches over the next couple of weeks.
But that can change in a hour from now also.
It's knocking on the door-not ready either.

Longterm forecast is 10 inches over the next couple of weeks.
Yikes! I hope we're still a ways off from anything like that. We don't usually get any big snow here until January (and haven't had any really big snow in a long time).

Yikes! I hope we're still a ways off from anything like that. We don't usually get any big snow here until January (and haven't had any really big snow in a long time).
A snow day up here now seems to be the threat of a snowflake and the mail doesn't come.
Last even was 1/4" and nope too dangerous. :laughing7:

A snow day up here now seems to be the threat of a snowflake and the mail doesn't come.
Last even was 1/4" and nope too dangerous. :laughing7:
Oh I know. I've told the kids we used to be standing out at the curb up to our knees in snow, with more coming down, and be waiting on the school bus and mom would come tell us they finally decided to call off school for the day. Nowadays they cancel school just because of a forecast, without even seeing an actual snowflake.

Oh I know. I've told the kids we used to be standing out at the curb up to our knees in snow, with more coming down, and be waiting on the school bus and mom would come tell us they finally decided to call off school for the day. Nowadays they cancel school just because of a forecast, without even seeing an actual snowflake.
Yes in many ways the world has become a giant snowflake.

Some of you readers may recall the stuff we came across this spring. Mom and dad were moving from the farm and their son was moving into the farm house in 2 weeks, so they just were throwing stuff way. Well, the mr drove by the other day and the son had a pile out for the trash. In particular he noticed a bell. We just went there and asked if we could have it. The guy said,”yes, and anything else you want.” The Mr handed him money but the guy wouldn’t take it. As we walked out to the street, the Mr said I have reduced him to a new low, a trash picker. Lol
Two picks, a large cultivator rake, a pitch fork, an auger/hole digger thingy and the bell- $0.00.
View attachment 2115713
So what are the future plans for this lovely bell?
Also is there any maker's name (casting foundry)?
Certainly has some age to it.
Liking it alot. :headbang:

1700488599933.png

So what are the future plans for this lovely bell?
Also is there any maker's name (casting foundry)?
Certainly has some age to it.
Liking it alot. :headbang:
We’ve got to figure out a yoke for it. Not sure why it wasn’t with the bell. I didn’t take a close look at it. So, I have no information.

Was going to try out the Nokta Accupoint at an old dump site today but the winds are whipping fiercely, so I'm thinking a park with lots of trees might be a better idea today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back