THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Evening groovy crew xx hope you have had a steady sunday bumbling around doing fun stuff xx 😆 xx 🤗

we braved the cold and rain and got a few bits for you, it was super windy so himself popped his head phones on, which allowed my to play my favourite game…… positioning my shovel near his coil to give his ears a blast… 😂 ahhhh that one never gets old .. 😆 xx

Thread 'Sunday Funday xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/sunday-funday-xx.690249/

Sometimes you just have to ask the question.....

soil yerself gif.gif

The tractor buddy was out running the roads so I was leaving, his neighbour said he'd let him know I was around.
His wood splitter quit so he was grumbling.
Brilliant idea I'll get my splitter out, and load it up to get repaired.
My cylinder was leaking bad, and that ended my splitting wood. 4-5 yrs back probably.
Tires flat-and well rotted
So it will need some rubber, delivered the new pump, and cylinder.
Just need to find the pins that held the cylinder in place. (metal detector)
So I left everything on the trailer-voicemail stating I left a gift.

The tractor buddy was out running the roads so I was leaving, his neighbour said he'd let him know I was around.
His wood splitter quit so he was grumbling.
Brilliant idea I'll get my splitter out, and load it up to get repaired.
My cylinder was leaking bad, and that ended my splitting wood. 4-5 yrs back probably.
Tires flat-and well rotted
So it will need some rubber, delivered the new pump, and cylinder.
Just need to find the pins that held the cylinder in place. (metal detector)
So I left everything on the trailer-voicemail stating I left a gift.
We use these for wood splitting. Well... Used to. Oregon Wood Grenade!!

100_3898.JPG

After work metal detected the school near my home not much luck today but recovered a few oddities bullets that far outdate the school(70s).

Attachments

• 0a859f88-9861-4527-91b7-2e24ffd848e1.jpg
    0a859f88-9861-4527-91b7-2e24ffd848e1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 4ea47094-62c8-4b27-b7e7-4bbf752188e9.jpg
    4ea47094-62c8-4b27-b7e7-4bbf752188e9.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 1534bfc0-72cf-4b76-ad85-dc105f1087f8.jpg
    1534bfc0-72cf-4b76-ad85-dc105f1087f8.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20231119_160102.jpg
    20231119_160102.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20231119_160218.jpg
    20231119_160218.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Take a 100 off that 70s.
Cool looking cross and chain, is it silver?
Nice hunt John 👏
Naw just junk. Nothing good came out of this detecting endeavor I tried dug all the pull tab type signals and down into the 40 was looking for gold but didn't make it under my coil.

Well I learnt that things just go bong sometimes.
I was putting the PTO shaft back on the tiller from the woodchopper and the push pin was frozen.
There was no way it was moving so after using channel locks trying depress it, I tapped it with a hammer and a long punch.
BONG!
Not really sure where these parts flew, but I heard it hit something over the bank beside the barn.

View attachment 2115899

Which these go onto this pin

View attachment 2115900

Which locks the yoke to the PTO on the tractor (Pin in sticking up on the righthand side of the yoke)

View attachment 2115901

Not sure why it decide to launch into the wild blue yonder.
But I do know that operating the PTO without it might be a tad dicey.

So the next time someone makes reference to the push pin on the yoke all the ship knows what they're talking about.

just in from wearing a head lamp to mount snowblower.
But first , remove mowing deck.
Note beautiful witness marks painted white so shaft lines up perfect with output shaft.
To be remembered when looking at the shaft for the blower without beautiful white painted witness marks.

By the time I removed mowing deck and cleaned it and put it out back on a section of wood decking enthusiasm was starting to wane.
hauled up snowblower to stage first and then the hitch that mounts on tractor to mount blower on.
Then it was time to remove front end loader. There's a couple tricks to it. don't ask me what they are. I might get upset. Mostly because I don't know.

And apparently forgot most of what I knew about the business of the hitch/coupler some strange name thing. And suspected Kubota must have a team of cheerful elves to pop in and mount things up for such occasions. Disguised at times as salespersons and engineers demonstrating how simple it is to play along with transformers right in your own driveway.
But alas , only one grumpy elf could be found.

which brings us to the matter of why I'm replying to your post to someone else regarding couplings. Of the mechanical type. Formal or informal.
The instructions (I know but they really exist) actually include somewhat related sometimes steps to actual equipment. But often for or including with among steps , optional or just plain different models. To encourage the happy elves to pound harder and more frequently with hammers while cheering profanities.

Shaft splines and spring coupling(s).
Shaft splines have umpteen possible ways to be shaped and aligned.
My vote , and that of the formerly happy elves I would think would be that if you can line up lands and grooves so that lands are not on grooves it should be considered a win and the damn shafts slide together! So instead I slowly rotate one end while feeling each spline and groove combination for three or four complete revolutions (of the shaft , not a countries internal warfare.)
having dropped the shafts end from my hand at least once per revolution I'm not any better convinced that having to have things lined up just right is the actual answer. But I know the spring loaded other end has to be just right. That's where the witness marks I don't have on the blower shaft for some mysterious reason , (like after the last mounting success celebration I didn't find the white paint pencil. Or went to bed. Or something..)

So on to the spring loaded part. With spring tension set approximately two pounds stronger than my fully extended wrist and fingers can hold back for any amount of time beyond almost close to were it should engage.
Instructions warn over and over and over there must be a click.
So of course when I get a shaft to fit onto a spline and release the spring , a pull on the shaft confirms not click. And I cheerfully start over.

Two shafts pulled off repeatedly and I never did hear a click. But they are not pulling off.
Maybe tomorrow I will have enough strength to pull on them again to test.
Blower mounted and running though.
That should prevent a foot of snow falling soon.

Naw just junk. Nothing good came out of this detecting endeavor I tried dug all the pull tab type signals and down into the 40 was looking for gold but didn't make it under my coil.
Have done any tests with gold?
Night be worth a try in the yard for a bit, to actually see if your
I haven't ever done any testing for the last 15 years, so I have no idea.
just in from wearing a head lamp to mount snowblower.
But first , remove mowing deck.
Note beautiful witness marks painted white so shaft lines up perfect with output shaft.
To be remembered when looking at the shaft for the blower without beautiful white painted witness marks.

By the time I removed mowing deck and cleaned it and put it out back on a section of wood decking enthusiasm was starting to wane.
hauled up snowblower to stage first and then the hitch that mounts on tractor to mount blower on.
Then it was time to remove front end loader. There's a couple tricks to it. don't ask me what they are. I might get upset. Mostly because I don't know.

And apparently forgot most of what I knew about the business of the hitch/coupler some strange name thing. And suspected Kubota must have a team of cheerful elves to pop in and mount things up for such occasions. Disguised at times as salespersons and engineers demonstrating how simple it is to play along with transformers right in your own driveway.
But alas , only one grumpy elf could be found.

which brings us to the matter of why I'm replying to your post to someone else regarding couplings. Of the mechanical type. Formal or informal.
The instructions (I know but they really exist) actually include somewhat related sometimes steps to actual equipment. But often for or including with among steps , optional or just plain different models. To encourage the happy elves to pound harder and more frequently with hammers while cheering profanities.

Shaft splines and spring coupling(s).
Shaft splines have umpteen possible ways to be shaped and aligned.
My vote , and that of the formerly happy elves I would think would be that if you can line up lands and grooves so that lands are not on grooves it should be considered a win and the damn shafts slide together! So instead I slowly rotate one end while feeling each spline and groove combination for three or four complete revolutions (of the shaft , not a countries internal warfare.)
having dropped the shafts end from my hand at least once per revolution I'm not any better convinced that having to have things lined up just right is the actual answer. But I know the spring loaded other end has to be just right. That's where the witness marks I don't have on the blower shaft for some mysterious reason , (like after the last mounting success celebration I didn't find the white paint pencil. Or went to bed. Or something..)

So on to the spring loaded part. With spring tension set approximately two pounds stronger than my fully extended wrist and fingers can hold back for any amount of time beyond almost close to were it should engage.
Instructions warn over and over and over there must be a click.
So of course when I get a shaft to fit onto a spline and release the spring , a pull on the shaft confirms not click. And I cheerfully start over.

Two shafts pulled off repeatedly and I never did hear a click. But they are not pulling off.
Maybe tomorrow I will have enough strength to pull on them again to test.
Blower mounted and running though.
That should prevent a foot of snow falling soon.

Plugged the Ford 5000 in for the block heater.
Went to start, I'm totally hooked on ether BTW.🤣
Leather finger tip can have a lingering smell, bad day if the wind is wrong and it fills the cab.

Have done any tests with gold?
Night be worth a try in the yard for a bit, to actually see if your
I haven't ever done any testing for the last 15 years, so I have no idea.

Plugged the Ford 5000 in for the block heater.
Went to start, I'm totally hooked on ether BTW.🤣
Leather finger tip can have a lingering smell, bad day if the wind is wrong and it fills the cab.
I've watched enough test to know gold shows up all over the place lots of luck and digging a lot. Just didn't get any under the coil there. Though I guess the bullets are cool. Not sure what time period they are from but the lead has a patina that shows good age

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back